R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2013, 01:36 AM   #5086
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wollongong Australia
Posts: 199
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Littlehampton in the Adelaide hills

http://www.rrcsa.org.au/index.aspx

Regards,

Simon
Team_Krusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:03 AM   #5087
Tech Regular
 
AUSCAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the tips for my motor guys. I appreciate you taking the time to help out.

Benzaah, where is that track? I'd love to have a crack at it some day.

Cheers
__________________
Serpent Eryx 2.0
Serpent Eryx 3.0
Serpent 977E
Walter RC Hobby
AUSCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:05 AM   #5088
Tech Regular
 
AUSCAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM Racing View Post
OK wheres LH
Sounds like a place to prrctise...maybee a mentoring day
We might have to go on a road trip mate
__________________
Serpent Eryx 2.0
Serpent Eryx 3.0
Serpent 977E
Walter RC Hobby
AUSCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:55 AM   #5089
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Krusty View Post
Littlehampton in the Adelaide hills

http://www.rrcsa.org.au/index.aspx

Regards,

Simon
the video of the 1-8th final, that was my old 3PK in picture. i finished 2nd there. its a great challenging track.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #5090
Tech Addict
 
mxgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

How is the sport kit. Does it run ok out of the box? I'm just moving from dirt to onroad.
__________________
CRG Road Rebel stock moto 125
Birel Q31 Briggs LO 206
mxgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #5091
Tech Fanatic
 
JAM Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Baulkham Hills
Posts: 751
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default That all depends

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxgregg View Post
How is the sport kit. Does it run ok out of the box? I'm just moving from dirt to onroad.
If you just coming over to on road and just want to dable a little bit then yes it works out of the box and youll have reasonable car.
It
BUT my experience tell me anyone who's already in the sport in other fields wants to have all the adjustments available to them that their fellow competitor already have like good shocks,more adjustments on shock towers which are available as accesories to the sport are already standard on the standard kit.
a standard 411 out of the box can win races

Were are you in the world
regards Andrew
__________________
Walters Hobbies for all your racing needs
Serpent 411/ERYX
ORCA BATTERIES
Castle Hill Raceway
The Best in the West
JAM Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #5092
Tech Addict
 
mxgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM Racing View Post
If you just coming over to on road and just want to dable a little bit then yes it works out of the box and youll have reasonable car.
It
BUT my experience tell me anyone who's already in the sport in other fields wants to have all the adjustments available to them that their fellow competitor already have like good shocks,more adjustments on shock towers which are available as accesories to the sport are already standard on the standard kit.
a standard 411 out of the box can win races

Were are you in the world
regards Andrew
__________________
CRG Road Rebel stock moto 125
Birel Q31 Briggs LO 206
mxgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #5093
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wollongong Australia
Posts: 199
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Hi,

Good review of the Sport kit can be found below. Basically a driver grabbed the S411-S, ran it in the DHI Cup SuperStock class close to kit spec and finished in the top 20 out of 95 drivers.

http://www.serpent.com/news/13633/DH...Sport-kit.html

Regards,

Simon
Team_Krusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #5094
Tech Apprentice
 
RasCalDK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Krusty View Post
Hi,

Good review of the Sport kit can be found below. Basically a driver grabbed the S411-S, ran it in the DHI Cup SuperStock class close to kit spec and finished in the top 20 out of 95 drivers.

http://www.serpent.com/news/13633/DH...Sport-kit.html

Regards,

Simon
That is me actually

The car 100% kit standard, only thing added was an antirollbar kit:
http://serpent.com/product/401575/

Compared to the race spec car, it's a little bit on the heavy side. But other than that, the car is very nice to drive.

as you can read i drove in the super stock class at the DHI cup, and got a good end result. I had absolutely no practice with the car before the race, but the car felt exactly the same as my 411 TE with upgrades.
Even though the car was 105 grams overweight, i could outpace a lot of the good drives, who i know have done a lot of testing for the race.
The car felt precise and sharp, no cheap feel at all.

After the race i have tested the car on a different track, and after one small setup change, i could all most keep up with an Awesomatix driver. Who the same week went to the last ETS race, and ended in top 10 in pro stock!

The car is entry level priced, but 95% high end level on the track
__________________
Rasmus T. Callesen - Denmark

Serpent S411 - Serpent.com/2-speed.de
Hobbywing Xerun V3 and Thunder Power Z3R motors - ToniSport
RasCalDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #5095
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Southfield, MI
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

First practice day at the birds went well just rebuilt my old serpent s411. The new kit showed up mid day at the hotel just started building it. The build quality is through the roof will write up a report once this race is over.



__________________
Alston Kelso
Serpent•SMC Batteries•Reilly Paint•CEFX
Detroit Racing Team

"Let's See" Open it up.....Chris Goetz
98tahoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:23 AM   #5096
Tech Master
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,966
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tahoeboy View Post
First practice day at the birds went well just rebuilt my old serpent s411. The new kit showed up mid day at the hotel just started building it.
Just got confirmation my new kit has shipped and will be here Friday
What springs came in your kit Alston? And did it come with 2 x gear diffs? Did it also come with all the different c hubs as mentioned in their sales blurb? Sorry for all the stupid questions. I'm excited
__________________
AERCCC - ARCR - RRCSA

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:07 AM   #5097
Tech Fanatic
 
JAM Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Baulkham Hills
Posts: 751
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default im jealous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
Just got confirmation my new kit has shipped and will be here Friday
What springs came in your kit Alston? And did it come with 2 x gear diffs? Did it also come with all the different c hubs as mentioned in their sales blurb? Sorry for all the stupid questions. I'm excited
i saw a whole box of the beastys today.......very tempting and lots of new parts and upgrades

nearly better than xmas
__________________
Walters Hobbies for all your racing needs
Serpent 411/ERYX
ORCA BATTERIES
Castle Hill Raceway
The Best in the West
JAM Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:58 AM   #5098
Tech Master
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,966
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM Racing View Post
i saw a whole box of the beastys today.......very tempting and lots of new parts and upgrades

nearly better than xmas
I was led to believe all 20 were pre sold! I was second in line Jay wasn't sure if us SA and WA blokes would be lucky enough to get them this week as DHL are not super reliable. I can only assume he meant Patto and myself but It will be a busy night Friday if it comes
__________________
AERCCC - ARCR - RRCSA

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:08 AM   #5099
Tech Fanatic
 
JAM Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Baulkham Hills
Posts: 751
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default i never asked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
I was led to believe all 20 were pre sold! I was second in line Jay wasn't sure if us SA and WA blokes would be lucky enough to get them this week as DHL are not super reliable. I can only assume he meant Patto and myself but It will be a busy night Friday if it comes
i didnt ask if they were all sold but the temptation to open a box was just like xmas

we will have to wait till finances become available the current cars still got heaps in it re performance so theirs no rush.

Very good to see the spares their as well Jay's doin a great job ensuring we have spares available for our cars...now......
Buying a product with product support is what this game is about
__________________
Walters Hobbies for all your racing needs
Serpent 411/ERYX
ORCA BATTERIES
Castle Hill Raceway
The Best in the West
JAM Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:22 AM   #5100
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
I was led to believe all 20 were pre sold! I was second in line Jay wasn't sure if us SA and WA blokes would be lucky enough to get them this week as DHL are not super reliable. I can only assume he meant Patto and myself but It will be a busy night Friday if it comes
well i will have no problems getting mine. Jay is organising an early pick up from DHL, possibly i can get mine tommorow night. i work right next to the Depot. i hold my deliveries and pick them up from them. i hope to have it built for our First Trophy event on sunday. but its gonna be hot. 36C forecasted. i have just rebuilt the Original 411 kit , so i will have a choice of what to run
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Batu Kawan Rc Track Tongga Malaysian R/C Racers 10418 06-28-2016 11:34 PM
DRCW Raceway Chesapeake, VA // Asphalt / Indoor Off Road / Outdoor Off Road stiltskin Racing Forum 10278 11-14-2014 07:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:53 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0