R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-25-2013, 04:57 AM   #5056
Tech Adept
 
whityboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 168
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

these are the parts you need.

401583 Shocktower carbon low front 411
401584 Shocktower carbon low rear 411
401585 Suspension bracket alu 0-2 mirror
401586 Spacer alu bracket 0.5 (4)
401587 Suspension bracket alu 1.0 - 1.0
401588 Steering post low steel (2)
401589 Servo-mount direct 411
401590 Chassis carbon 2.25
401592 Geardiff V2 composite
401593 Outdrive alu for geardiff V2 composite (2)
401594 Diff gear 10T+18T for geardiff V2 composite (4+2)
401595 Geardiff x-shaft for geardiff V2 composite
160124 super short shocks x2

not included the new arms
it will be close to 2/3 of a new car if you need to buy everything separately i think
__________________
VBC support team manager EU
whityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #5057
Tech Master
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,966
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

These are the parts I'm going to order for my current S411.

401583 Shocktower carbon low front 411
401584 Shocktower carbon low rear 411

401588 Steering post low steel (2)
401589 Servo-mount direct 411

160124 super short shock


I don't see the point in updating the whole list as just posted Otherwise it's a better investment to sell a roller and get a new kit IMO
__________________
AERCCC - ARCR - RRCSA

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:18 AM   #5058
Tech Elite
 
gearhead_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly
Posts: 2,350
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to gearhead_22
Default new 411

the 411 ERXY 2.0 is on the market http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ar-kit-p-26088 now we need this in the USA
__________________
serpent 977WC-novarossi-748TQ
serpent S120 LTR-S411 4X-F110 fs2
serpent America/Ashford Hobby/skyrocket racing
Juwan Hunter http://rccarworld.com/............ serpent.com
Track director at RCCW.
gearhead_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #5059
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 821
Default

The ERYX will land in USA on Monday. Call your LHS or contact Desoto Racing.

Team Serpent will be present at the Snowbirds and at the Indoor Nationals.
__________________
Serpent, Picco, Desoto Racing, Sanwa, Byron Fuel, Matrix, Avid, Arrowmax, Xceed, Veytrex Lab, Blast RC, PMR
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #5060
Tech Elite
 
gearhead_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly
Posts: 2,350
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to gearhead_22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M View Post
The ERYX will land in USA on Monday. Call your LHS or contact Desoto Racing.

Team Serpent will be present at the Snowbirds and at the Indoor Nationals.
thanks paolo see you at the nats.
__________________
serpent 977WC-novarossi-748TQ
serpent S120 LTR-S411 4X-F110 fs2
serpent America/Ashford Hobby/skyrocket racing
Juwan Hunter http://rccarworld.com/............ serpent.com
Track director at RCCW.
gearhead_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #5061
Tech Elite
 
R3VoLuTiOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,192
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Any thoughts on the next name?

Serpent S420? S412?
__________________
John Tsang 🏁 VBC Racing USA 🚗 ORCA RC 🚗 GripworksRC 🚗 MotivRC 🚗 GravityRC 🚗 RC America

http://www.facebook.com/VancouverRRR 🏁 http://www.facebook.com/OvergearedRacing
R3VoLuTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #5062
Tech Addict
 
Jim Frahm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 537
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Frahm
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M View Post
The ERYX will land in USA on Monday. Call your LHS or contact Desoto Racing.

Team Serpent will be present at the Snowbirds and at the Indoor Nationals.
Thanks for the update! I already own a S411LE and S411 with V2 parts but I still plan on buying the ERYX. It cost a lot more to update a car versus just buying a new kit, that and you can always use a lot of the parts from the other two cars. I'll use the ERYX in TC class and the other car/s will be my VTA ride.

Jim
__________________
Serpent S411 ERYX, Reedy 25.5, FLOW
AE 12R5.2, Trinity 17.5, ORCA
Jim Frahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #5063
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,171
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
These are the parts I'm going to order for my current S411.

401583 Shocktower carbon low front 411
401584 Shocktower carbon low rear 411

401588 Steering post low steel (2)
401589 Servo-mount direct 411

160124 super short shock


I don't see the point in updating the whole list as just posted Otherwise it's a better investment to sell a roller and get a new kit IMO
You can strike one part off, as the servo mount direct already comes with the short posts
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #5064
Tech Master
 
valk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,921
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk
Default

silly question but the new servo style will bolt up to an older chassis? didnt i hear something about a lowered layshaft? did they make shorter layshaft carriers or no?

will these new plastics replace the existing ones or do we have to look for a specific sku?

ps... gonna try running the shocks upsidedown tomorrow. seems like a cheaper way to lower the cg ha.
__________________
My stuff
Sanwa M12 - Xray T4/16 - Xray Nt1/16 - CRC XTI-WC - ProAMPS - Hobbywing - ReVTECH - ORCA
My RC
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com

Last edited by valk; 01-25-2013 at 06:51 PM.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #5065
Tech Regular
 
AUSCAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Is anyone out there running a Reedy in 21.5 blinky? I've been struggling a bit with gearing and motor temps. The track I regularly race on is low grip and technical. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
__________________
Serpent Eryx 2.0
Serpent Eryx 3.0
Serpent 977E
Walter RC Hobby
AUSCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:23 AM   #5066
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,171
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
silly question but the new servo style will bolt up to an older chassis? didnt i hear something about a lowered layshaft? did they make shorter layshaft carriers or no?

will these new plastics replace the existing ones or do we have to look for a specific sku?

ps... gonna try running the shocks upsidedown tomorrow. seems like a cheaper way to lower the cg ha.
From the serpent site, the new steering set comes with everything to mount it existing chassis (from original V1), including the lowered steering posts.

The new layshafts aren't lowered, just looks like the rear top deck mounts are machined 1mm lower, which can be taken up with shims.
The lowered mounts don't appear have a new part numbers (looking at the manual), so suspect this will be a rolling change.

As for new plastics (all taken from the manuals)
Old 'kit' (soft) arms - R 401393, F 401397
Old 'Medium' arms - R 401460, F 401459
Old 'Hard' arms - R 401453, F 401452

New rears are 401460, Front arms 401459... so again going to be a running change again by all accounts.

Not sure on testing the shocks upside down mind, you'll be adding to the unsprung weight on the arms.

Regards
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #5067
Tech Addict
 
Geberit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 743
Default

Which parts do you use to mount the rear long ARB?

Thanks!
Geberit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #5068
Tech Master
 
valk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 1,921
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk
Default

so just the shocks and steering you have the new car form a te. that's more reasonable than $489 lol.

Im sure the split blocks would be nice but you could probably achieve the same effect using urethane spacers instead of the metal ones on the old style arm mounts.

but that makes for a lot of sku's for chassis parts. are the new chassis plates going to be compatible with the old arm mount location for those of us who might want to keep older cars running?
I don't really wanna get into having to buy more than one chassis plate or top deck in addition to the car..
though. i guess if I ever get to the competitive level some of you guys are running, i might have a different outlook on that ha.
__________________
My stuff
Sanwa M12 - Xray T4/16 - Xray Nt1/16 - CRC XTI-WC - ProAMPS - Hobbywing - ReVTECH - ORCA
My RC
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #5069
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,285
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSCAN View Post
Is anyone out there running a Reedy in 21.5 blinky? I've been struggling a bit with gearing and motor temps. The track I regularly race on is low grip and technical. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
How long is the track? What are the temps your getting? What are you running for a fdr? Are you running a fan on the motor?

Let us know and we'll try and help you out.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #5070
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,285
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
so just the shocks and steering you have the new car form a te. that's more reasonable than $489 lol.

Im sure the split blocks would be nice but you could probably achieve the same effect using urethane spacers instead of the metal ones on the old style arm mounts.

but that makes for a lot of sku's for chassis parts. are the new chassis plates going to be compatible with the old arm mount location for those of us who might want to keep older cars running?
I don't really wanna get into having to buy more than one chassis plate or top deck in addition to the car..
though. i guess if I ever get to the competitive level some of you guys are running, i might have a different outlook on that ha.
As I'm looking at the bottom of the chassis screw holes, I'm going to guess that you will be able to run either the split mounts or the 1 piece mounts inboard on the new chassis.

I actually made my own split block car from a original kit and it works pretty well. I can see that the new blocks do give better support for twist by using screws on either side of the pin, opposed to mine , that has the two screws on the inside of the pin. My modded car is okay as long as you stay off the boards.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Batu Kawan Rc Track Tongga Malaysian R/C Racers 10418 06-28-2016 11:34 PM
DRCW Raceway Chesapeake, VA // Asphalt / Indoor Off Road / Outdoor Off Road stiltskin Racing Forum 10278 11-14-2014 07:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:43 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0