Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
The new split block parts are listed on the Serpent site now.....split blocks, chassis, etc.
Interesing...
New parts looking good, couple of different Chassis (2mm stiff and 2.25), and I wonder what these are setting out to achieve?
http://www.serpent.com/product/401588/
Hope they have a set of 0.5/1.5 blocks ready on release though!

Looks like the towers have shocks that are at most 10mm lower than standard, although it looks like it could be less than that.

Ed

Last edited by TryHard; 01-10-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Interesing...
New parts looking good, couple of different Chassis (2mm stiff and 2.25), and I wonder what these are setting out to achieve?
http://www.serpent.com/product/401588/
Hope they have a set of 0.5/1.5 blocks ready on release though!

Looks like the towers have shocks that are at most 10mm lower than standard, although it looks like it could be less than that.

Ed
Yes, I'm wondering what 2mm stiff actually means and for what application its meant for (carpet or asphalt ?)

LOL, first thing I thought when I saw those was your suggestion. (Works well on carpet as well, I'm now at 3mm for bumpsteer on carpet at the moment, but started at 4.5)

They either make more option split blocks or you'll have to re-adjust via the front bar (not the preferred method).

As far as the shock towers, it makes me wonder if shorter shocks are in the works as well, or did they re-work the shock plastics? I do like the counter sunk screw holes though.

All in all, the nice thing is that its all conversion for the original car, instead of a whole new kit, so costs should be down to make a new ride. I hope they make it like a conversion kit with one part number. Usually when they have it on the site, the parts are in the stream already .
Old 01-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Tech Champion

Yes, I'm wondering what 2mm stiff actually means and for what application its meant for (carpet or asphalt ?)

LOL, first thing I thought when I saw those was your suggestion. (Works well on carpet as well, I'm now at 3mm for bumpsteer on carpet at the moment, but started at 4.5)

They either make more option split blocks or you'll have to re-adjust via the front bar (not the preferred method).

As far as the shock towers, it makes me wonder if shorter shocks are in the works as well, or did they re-work the shock plastics? I do like the counter sunk screw holes though.

All in all, the nice thing is that its all conversion for the original car, instead of a whole new kit, so costs should be down to make a new ride. I hope they make it like a conversion kit with one part number. Usually when they have it on the site, the parts are in the stream already .
Shorter Shocks... look closer at the options page... RCM-SS, everything is shorter, bodies, top and bottom caps, plastics. Biggest give away is the single o-ring and spacer in the bottom Counter sunk towers are a good thing, can't get the rear screws out at the mo with button heads

I think I'll be getting the new car, and then picking up a chassis and blocks for one of my current rides, whilst the other can be sold on... thats the plan anyway!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

The new split block parts are listed on the Serpent site now.....split blocks, chassis, etc.
I swear I'm going crazy because I was looking at those parts pages and they have now disappeared. Anyone else experience this?
Old 01-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Tech Champion

Yup, gone... guess they weren't meant to be out yet!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

I had a half wood as well My guess they will release the new kit details in the next few days and then they will reveal all and what we had a glimpse of will be listed as spares not options. If i cant sell my roller ill just update the shocks and towers on my old rides as i only bought 2 fresh chassis in November. Hindsight
Old 01-11-2013, 02:14 AM
Tech Champion

Yup, will have to have a look again in a few days...

Anyway, tonight I've sat down and had another re-visit for a servo mount. My previous versions turned out too tricky to get right, and with reflection, I might as well just use the current servo mounts, so I've come up with the following...2mm thick carbon, using the two central holes on the chassis. I'll try and get the first Proto made up tomorrow, shouldn't take too long to do
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411-servo-brakcet.jpg  
Old 01-12-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Info from Marc Fisher on new shocks, shock towers, etc

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/serp...P3F2012121516/
Old 01-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Just to point out, but I'm pretty sure that the car in pictures doesn't have the new shocks/lowered towers on it, looks like standard RCM's. I do see a 1.5 on the front suspension block though
Old 01-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Fisher qualified second at DHI cup. Ehrbar and Asmer also in the top 10. Looks like the new car is weapon fast against the yokomo's and Xrays.

I'm keen to see how they have revised the suspension arms. Whether its a shape and length change or just different spots to mount the new shocks. Going to have to call Walters on Monday and see when they have one of these goodies coming in.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The ERYX is rumored to be released in 2 weeks from Friday (1/12/13).
Old 01-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My guess is they revised the plastic to be more rigid as the hard arms still have a bit of flex to them. I guess we'll soon see.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Fisher qualified second at DHI cup. Ehrbar and Asmer also in the top 10. Looks like the new car is weapon fast against the yokomo's and Xrays.

I'm keen to see how they have revised the suspension arms. Whether its a shape and length change or just different spots to mount the new shocks. Going to have to call Walters on Monday and see when they have one of these goodies coming in.
Partly shape... looking at the pics on Petit again, there is extra webbing near the hinge pin, and the web's look thicker too. Possiby hard plastic too (lets be honest, the Hard's aren't that hard at the moment!). Not sure anything else is diff, doubt shock positions if they have run new arms with old shocks...

By all accounts, talking to a couple of Serpent team drivers... soon!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:46 AM
Tech Champion

The ERYX is rumored to be released in 2 weeks from Friday (1/12/13).
Beat me too it.... but ERYX?
Old 01-13-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

does anyone sell chassis protection for the s411? dont wanna mangle my new chassis outdoors.
not a thin vinyl printed deal though. i want an old school cellphone thick ass one. that can take a couple scratches.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.