Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

See. I wish the manual would talk about this. "this goes on this, any questions? Yes? Dont care moving on"

My. Xray book you have to flip through a good
Amount to build one axle but this.... Its so vague at times it shoulf just be printed on the box. Ah well. Color at least.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by valk
See. I wish the manual would talk about this. "this goes on this, any questions? Yes? Dont care moving on"

My. Xray book you have to flip through a good
Amount to build one axle but this.... Its so vague at times it shoulf just be printed on the box. Ah well. Color at least.

I'm not following what your question here is.

If its the lack of instructions with the car, yes, there isn't a lot of written instruction, its almost like a sub set of instructions are missing. But then again, I've had cars that have had instructions that are converted from one language to another, that make even less sense then just looking at the picture. I find that the exploded view of the car in the back part of the book is better than the actual individual assembly pages. I think some of this, lack of written instructions is because they think the kit is being assembled by a advanced builder, so a lot of things are taken for granted.

Reguardless, if you have any questions just ask on here as there are a lot of great guys that are more than happy to help you out, just ask.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I'm not following what your question here is.

If its the lack of instructions with the car, yes, there isn't a lot of written instruction, its almost like a sub set of instructions are missing. But then again, I've had cars that have had instructions that are converted from one language to another, that make even less sense then just looking at the picture. I find that the exploded view of the car in the back part of the book is better than the actual individual assembly pages. I think some of this, lack of written instructions is because they think the kit is being assembled by a advanced builder, so a lot of things are taken for granted.

Reguardless, if you have any questions just ask on here as there are a lot of great guys that are more than happy to help you out, just ask.
+1

I actually love building cars but that they keep the assemblies all in each bag made it really easy. For the most part, when a bag was empty, it was time to open the next bag and go to the next instructions. My Tamiya M05 I just built was not as helpful, involving opening every bag in almost the first step, and having several pieces that had to be mounted a certain way, yet it was not specified (thus I put them all in backwards).

Please post any questions here. This is one of the very few threads with tons of helpful people, and I have yet to see a "use the search button noob" or anything like that. I recommend the S411 in part due to the help this thread has provided and continues to provide.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

still learning all this stuff. on my second year racing, but i race everything onroad except 8th scale lol. a lot of knowledge to assimilate.
id say the TE is the closest to a new car ive had too. nothing before had gear difs and never had the pleasure of assembling the cars.

sure, taken appart to bare and reassembled, but by then, all the shiney new kitness was already taken care of.
next time i buy a car, ill buy new, probably be a new 12th scale if these serpents last for a while.

i had just used shock oil on the seals. the heaviest i had, 70wt, also in the dif. didnt think to put any kind of grease on the oring. i dont have anything like that around, but i do have red silicon which should work great.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

I actually don't think the grease was mentioned in any of the past cars as far as a way of getting a better seal during assembly. This case was just one of those old racer deals that got past down thru the assembly of different cars. The gear diff was around a long time ago, but fall out of favor for a ball diff, up till 2ish years ago, they just started getting popular again, so, the old knowledge begins to come back as well.

I think the red silicone grease should work well.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

There are a bunch of us coming for your race in January . If you need any help come on by .
We'll make sure you will have fun with the 411 .
Originally Posted by valk
still learning all this stuff. on my second year racing, but i race everything onroad except 8th scale lol. a lot of knowledge to assimilate.
id say the TE is the closest to a new car ive had too. nothing before had gear difs and never had the pleasure of assembling the cars.

sure, taken appart to bare and reassembled, but by then, all the shiney new kitness was already taken care of.
next time i buy a car, ill buy new, probably be a new 12th scale if these serpents last for a while.

i had just used shock oil on the seals. the heaviest i had, 70wt, also in the dif. didnt think to put any kind of grease on the oring. i dont have anything like that around, but i do have red silicon which should work great.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

shoegoo.... it fixes everything..

thanks eddie. im sure ill come check out your rides at the race for sure =). gonna be a busy couple days for sure though with tech and running three-4 classes if i can be arsed to get my gt car sorted.

just got the stock car all together, gonna throw it on the stands tonight for setup. mod car is pretty much as ready to go as i can hope for.
definitely gonna make full use of all available practice time though.

this year, i might shmoooze the wife to let me go to the RRR race, and if possible, the WCICS finals, but its a little bit of money to fly to calgary and stay in a hotel.. and a lot of time to drive there... and stay in a hotel ha.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hello , I am a TC newb , with a grand total of three TC stock races under my belt and I absolutely love my Serpent . So much so , that I would like to buy another one to race in mod class . I hope it is ok to post this here ....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post11520695

ps ... I race at the same clubs that SteveS races at and his cars are always DIALED .
Old 12-06-2012, 03:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default DHI Cup 2013

Hi.

If you are racing the DHI Cup in Denmark in January 2013, please take a look on the Serpent homepage under Team blog.

I will try to arrange a pit area for Serpents only.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Fishers report: http://teamserpent.com/2012/12/germa...n-with-411-te/

Germany, Geilenkirchen, Sunday race day

4 Heats and 3 Finals. David and I used both 411-TE car and test 411 car with some new parts (chassis and split suspension blocks)

First heat

In the first heat the 411 car with some new parts felt very good and I was able to put the first official lap record of 15.9 seconds and a total time of 19:5:05 drive and was 6 seconds faster than the 2 . placed!

Second heat

Now I went to normal TE and he also felt very well but lacked a bit of speed in the corners and was a bit tricky but I could still go down and 19:5:07 15.9 and was still 5 seconds faster than the second placed

Third heat

411 with new parts again and the handling was always better and I was able to take a new track record with 15.8 sec and 19:5:04 driving and the car was to drive even Super Easy and quiet!

4th heat

Again with standard 411 TE , very fast too, but trickier to race, I had a good feeling but in the end it was a 15.8 and a total time of 19:5:05 it became apparent what kind of car I will go into the final.

Line-up

TQ Marc Fischer. Serpent S411 xx

Second Dominik Reschke. Serpent S411 TE

Third Thilo Tödtmann

4th Mike Treder

5th Lars Treder

6th David Ehrbar. Serpent S411 xx

7th Majuran Tharmalingam. Serpent S411 TE

8th René Puepke

9th Yannic Prümper

First A final with S411 with new parts

From the start, I was able to pull away from the field immediately and the car felt really very good and I was able to drive a lot of laps under 16 seconds and went again a new absolute lap record of 15.7 seconds and could even 19:5:03 drive the car let himself go absolutely amazing! I took the final win with 8 seconds ahead before 2!

Second A final with S411 with new parts

In this finale, I pushed as hard as I could to see how the car behaves when the tires wear more and maybe overheat a bit, but also in the 2nd Final it went well from start to finish and it was very consistent and I was only a few minutes to 5 minutes 0.04 seconds! And I could also win the finals with 8 seconds!

Third A final with S411 with new parts

This time I raced more calmly but could still win the last final with 7 seconds to spare.

Final result

TQ 1st + Marc Fischer. Serpent S411 xx

Second Thilo Tödtmann

Third David Ehrbar. Serpent S411 xx
Old 12-06-2012, 04:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BCDK
Hi.

If you are racing the DHI Cup in Denmark in January 2013, please take a look on the Serpent homepage under Team blog.

I will try to arrange a pit area for Serpents only.
That sounds great!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Lightbulb

I'm not sure if this has been talked about yet or posted here.

A number of Serpent Team-drivers has been using the steering posts of the 411-FF car, which brings the steering linkage system a few mm lower than standard.

This has a positive effect on steering response and gives a more direct steering feel.

http://serpent.com/product/401400/

Team Serpent
Old 12-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigRon
I'm not sure if this has been talked about yet or posted here.

A number of Serpent Team-drivers has been using the steering posts of the 411-FF car, which brings the steering linkage system a few mm lower than standard.

This has a positive effect on steering response and gives a more direct steering feel.

http://serpent.com/product/401400/

Team Serpent
Part number is actually 410512....
Old 12-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Toughbeard
Part number is actually 410512....
401512 according to exploded drawing diagram, BUT if you look at the spare and option parts for the FF it gives other numbers again. When I search either number (410512 or 401512) on the Serpent site, I get nothing???
Old 12-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Has anybody found a 20t mid gear out there that will fit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.