R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #346
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,491
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Are you a 64p or 48p guy? The max spur size that will fit is a 112t 64p or an 84t 48 pitch gear. With these sizes, the spur teeth is right next to the chassis. When the car flexes during cornering there is a chance that the teeth may hit. So go a little smaller if you have not purchased spurs yet.

Steve
nvrmd
__________________
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:48 PM   #347
Tech Addict
 
venom54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Aspendale
Posts: 576
Default INTERNAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team STPN View Post
What is the FDR for this car???
2:1

Cheers

Ren
__________________
Play hard but be nice to your parents!
VBC RACING|ASSOCIATED|XRAY|TEAM POWERS|THUNDER TIGER|HOBBYWING|HPI|WTF FANS|ORION AND MORE IN STORE.
145 COMO PARADE EAST 3195 PARKDALE VICTORIA AUSTRALIA.
www.rabhobbies.com.au
venom54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:25 AM   #348
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Are you a 64p or 48p guy? The max spur size that will fit is a 112t 64p or an 84t 48 pitch gear. With these sizes, the spur teeth is right next to the chassis. When the car flexes during cornering there is a chance that the teeth may hit. So go a little smaller if you have not purchased spurs yet.

Steve
Thanks for the info Steve I've found this hudy 81t/48p in my LHS:
http://www.modellismogianni.it/catal...=72&cerca.y=13
And what about the pinion?
sirio76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:25 AM   #349
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,127
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Sepent will ready release new Spur Gear !
Last Sunday HK Race S411 Won
used 2mm Carbon Chassis & 1.2mm Roll Bar !
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent S411-19june-race-2.jpg   Serpent S411-19june-race-3.jpg   Serpent S411-img_0342-1.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:52 AM   #350
Tech Initiate
 
jensen123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
Sepent will ready release new Spur Gear !
Last Sunday HK Race S411 Won
used 2mm Carbon Chassis & 1.2mm Roll Bar !
Very nice car with good result! Congratulation!
jensen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:05 AM   #351
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,291
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirio76 View Post
Thanks for the info Steve I've found this hudy 81t/48p in my LHS:
http://www.modellismogianni.it/catal...=72&cerca.y=13
And what about the pinion?
Try a 19t pinion, that will give you a 8.53 fdr which should be ok. Make sure you temp the motor and don't run for 10 minutes or anything like that. Make sure that the motor runs at a safe temp. How big is the track? Tight or flowing?

Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:55 AM   #352
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,803
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

So what different spur gears work with this car? This is a rather dumb issue to have.....
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:57 AM   #353
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 3,458
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
So what different spur gears work with this car? This is a rather dumb issue to have.....
xray gears work fine. The center belt pulley has 3 holes instead of typical 4. Therefore, xenon, xray and several others will fit.
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:46 AM   #354
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Try a 19t pinion, that will give you a 8.53 fdr which should be ok. Make sure you temp the motor and don't run for 10 minutes or anything like that. Make sure that the motor runs at a safe temp. How big is the track? Tight or flowing?

Steve
Ok, I'll start with 81t spur / 19t pinion. I'll check the temperature after 5 minutes, I suppose the temperature limits it's about the same as 1:8 brushless motors, I'll also use the rs-pro onboard temperature led to check everything it's fine.
The track doesn't seems too tight, the straight it's about 55m(180ft).
Thanks
sirio76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #355
Tech Regular
 
Team STPN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Roseville, Cal
Posts: 317
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom54 View Post
2:1

Cheers

Ren
That is what I thought, Thanks
Team STPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:41 AM   #356
Tech Master
 
Akhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alberta,Canada
Posts: 1,218
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

What are the crash test results on this?

If canada post would quit striking, I'd have mine already.. Sheesh.
__________________
--Blaine--
Losi 8ight-E 2.0, Mugen MBX 7, Mugen MBX 7 Eco
VBC D06, VBC D07
www.rcgears.net, www.carcar.ca, www.karz.ca
Akhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #357
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
What are the crash test results on this?

If canada post would quit striking, I'd have mine already.. Sheesh.
i Tboned a T3 neither car broke, but my steering went out of alignment, i feel it turned a spline on the servo horn, so i am on to that now ! anotehr had a brush wiht the back wall, no damage done. so so far so good, no broken parts, bumper holds up well, i glue in the insert in the foam, i didnt take mine out.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #358
Tech Adept
 
rendcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunshine state
Posts: 199
Default

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ouring-Car-Kit

they stock them now.
__________________
Itami o shitte ..
rendcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #359
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,291
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirio76 View Post
Ok, I'll start with 81t spur / 19t pinion. I'll check the temperature after 5 minutes, I suppose the temperature limits it's about the same as 1:8 brushless motors, I'll also use the rs-pro onboard temperature led to check everything it's fine.
The track doesn't seems too tight, the straight it's about 55m(180ft).
Thanks
Ok, that straight is a good length so I would guess that my suggested gearing would be on the very safe side of things, try it out anyways but you might end up gearing a tooth or two taller (bigger) on the pinion. If you can get some locals to help you out even further than that would be the best solution. The rest sounds good.

Our tracks around here are probably less than 120 feet in length and they are tempory tracks too.

Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #360
Tech Elite
 
gearhead_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly
Posts: 2,352
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to gearhead_22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
Sepent will ready release new Spur Gear !
Last Sunday HK Race S411 Won
used 2mm Carbon Chassis & 1.2mm Roll Bar !
already winning that's what's up workin on gettihg mine
__________________
serpent 977WC-novarossi-748TQ
serpent S120 LTR-S411 4X-F110 fs2
serpent America/Ashford Hobby/skyrocket racing
Juwan Hunter http://rccarworld.com/............ serpent.com
Track director at RCCW.
gearhead_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Batu Kawan Rc Track Tongga Malaysian R/C Racers 10418 06-28-2016 11:34 PM
DRCW Raceway Chesapeake, VA // Asphalt / Indoor Off Road / Outdoor Off Road stiltskin Racing Forum 10278 11-14-2014 07:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:50 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0