R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #3451
Tech Regular
 
rdlkgliders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: So. Cal High Desert Hobbies
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD40 View Post
I know there is going to be some bias in here but I am trying to decide between the serpent s411 team edition or the xray t3 2012. It is hard for me not to go with the xray since I have heard nothing but good things about it. Anyone in here wanna convince me to go with the serpent instead?
I used to race Xrays now Serpents along with a lot of other guys on this thread. That really is about all that needs to be said. The Xray is A great car.
You will love the serpent I find it to be more of a drivers car it really responds to small changes, likes to be driven smooth and rewards you for it, very durable. I really was initially impressedat how it finishes the corner, I could never get my Xray to match the Serpent in that respect.......
In the end go with your gut or like Potter told me Xray is no longer the only game in town.
__________________
Serpent, KO Propo, Viper, Savox, ProTek
Team Waldorf Racing

Your not lapping me, you just caught up to me again!!!

Last edited by rdlkgliders; 04-17-2012 at 05:38 AM.
rdlkgliders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #3452
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 544
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Ran my S411 TE for the first time and the car was very good. It was very easy to drive and had a lot of traction. The car is very strong like others have said. I had some very hard crashes at near full speed and had no issue. Aside from being very strong it also does not tweak from crashing. I'm very happy with the car and setup.

Does anyone know if the arms in the TE kit are medium or hard?

The bearings are very light, are they ceramic?
v_squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #3453
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,287
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_squared View Post
Ran my S411 TE for the first time and the car was very good. It was very easy to drive and had a lot of traction. The car is very strong like others have said. I had some very hard crashes at near full speed and had no issue. Aside from being very strong it also does not tweak from crashing. I'm very happy with the car and setup.

Does anyone know if the arms in the TE kit are medium or hard?

The bearings are very light, are they ceramic?
Hard arms would have a "H" stamped on them near the hinge pin bump.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #3454
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 544
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Johnny, I'll check when I get home today.
v_squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #3455
Tech Fanatic
 
Martin Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyfowler View Post
I was able to buy one of Martin Crisp's Serpent 411 (std),due to him upgrading to the TE, and I'm very pleased with the car!

I'm running it in a mod class (4.5 or 6.5), and have made my share of mistakes, but this car has taken some big impacts (including a few that ended up in the pits), so far nothing broken! I've run it for the past couple weeks on a layout that I've been running for around 3 months (with an Xray t3'11), and managed to take 2 tenths off my fastest lap, second time out!

I made a few changes to Martin's setup just so it's a bit easier to drive (definitely not as smooth as him ). I look forward to getting more comfortable with the car as it has shown great results already! Looking forward to getting my 411 TE as well
Glad to see you like the car Spiffy!

I am in the process of building my two team edition cars. looking forward to their maiden run this weekend at the regional roar champs at The Gate.
__________________
Martin Crisp
SetupWorkbench.com | Power-Story.com | LearnSetup.com
Martin Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #3456
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 35
Default

Serpent 48p 87T spur don't fits on the S411.
When i instal this spur it runs on the chassis.
Strange ....
Did someone allready notice this problem allready ?

grtz
__________________
Asso B5M
Sanwa M11X
Team Orion

Last edited by Kevin E.; 04-17-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Kevin E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #3457
Tech Regular
 
WD40's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 400
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I appreciate the responses to my post earlier. Everyone seems very nice and helpful on this thread. I had one more question before I spend the big bucks if you guys dont mind. Could you rate the xray t3 2012 and the serpent s411 team edition on the following points on a scale of 1-10....10 being the best.

Xray:

Durability
Parts/Finish Quality
Adjustments/Tuneability
How good it handles on asphault/concrete
How good it handles on carpet
Setup adaptability (going from one track to the next)
Overall

Serpent:

Durability
Parts/Finish Quality
Adjustments/Tuneability
How good it handles on asphault/concrete
How good it handles on carpet
Setup adaptability (going from one track to the next)
Overall

I really appreciate anyone with input. Thanks
WD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #3458
Tech Elite
 
celt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 2,195
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin E. View Post
Serpent 48p 87T spur don't fits on the S411.
When i instal this spur it runs on the chassis.
Strange ....
Did someone allready notice this problem allready ?

grtz
Which comes in the kit? Thought that was 87T...
__________________
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #3459
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wollongong Australia
Posts: 199
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

84t spur in the kit.

Simon
Team_Krusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #3460
Tech Regular
 
rdlkgliders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: So. Cal High Desert Hobbies
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Since I switched to the 84t outdoors I have had no problems, I tore up 2 87's in 1 day, just not enough clearance for our sirface.
__________________
Serpent, KO Propo, Viper, Savox, ProTek
Team Waldorf Racing

Your not lapping me, you just caught up to me again!!!
rdlkgliders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #3461
Tech Regular
 
rdlkgliders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: So. Cal High Desert Hobbies
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

............WD40............

I do not really like to do the 1-10 thing so I will just give you the car I think has an edge.

Durability Xray is very proven here however I have broken nothing (YET) on the S411.......Edge Xray only because of it's track record.
Parts/Finish Quality Even or slight edge to Xray
Adjustments/Tuneability I really like the S411 here Edge.. easy Serpent
How good it handles on asphault/concrete I really like the Serpent here again
How good it handles on carpet N/A
Setup adaptability (going from one track to the next) Even.... it's all in knowing your car
Overall I would not trade my serpent for a brand new T3 12 completely optioned out Edge Serpent
__________________
Serpent, KO Propo, Viper, Savox, ProTek
Team Waldorf Racing

Your not lapping me, you just caught up to me again!!!
rdlkgliders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #3462
Tech Master
 
BAD007SUZUKI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NILES, MI
Posts: 1,008
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to BAD007SUZUKI
Default .

+1 for the 411.... only raced carpet with mine tho.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlkgliders View Post
............WD40............

I do not really like to do the 1-10 thing so I will just give you the car I think has an edge.

Durability Xray is very proven here however I have broken nothing (YET) on the S411.......Edge Xray only because of it's track record.
Parts/Finish Quality Even or slight edge to Xray
Adjustments/Tuneability I really like the S411 here Edge.. easy Serpent
How good it handles on asphault/concrete I really like the Serpent here again
How good it handles on carpet N/A
Setup adaptability (going from one track to the next) Even.... it's all in knowing your car
Overall I would not trade my serpent for a brand new T3 12 completely optioned out Edge Serpent
__________________
R/C Fun Park 12990 SR23 Granger, Indiana 46530
BAD007SUZUKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #3463
Tech Regular
 
whoopass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 295
Default

Serpent S411 clean up at the BRCA clubmans... 13.5 boosted and 17.5 blinky

http://www.redrc.net/2012/04/brca-cl...als-r1-report/

Video's of the mains are here...

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...78.702.13.13.0.
enjoy!
whoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #3464
Tech Initiate
 
funs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 46
Send a message via MSN to funs Send a message via Skype™ to funs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlkgliders View Post
I used to race Xrays now Serpents along with a lot of other guys on this thread. That really is about all that needs to be said. The Xray is A great car.
You will love the serpent I find it to be more of a drivers car it really responds to small changes, likes to be driven smooth and rewards you for it, very durable. I really was initially impressedat how it finishes the corner, I could never get my Xray to match the Serpent in that respect.......
In the end go with your gut or like Potter told me Xray is no longer the only game in town.
funs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:16 AM   #3465
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlkgliders View Post
Since I switched to the 84t outdoors I have had no problems, I tore up 2 87's in 1 day, just not enough clearance for our sirface.
When i place a 87 spur it simply doesnt turn , the space in the chassis is way to short.
This is the first problem i have found on my kit.
This is really strange.
__________________
Asso B5M
Sanwa M11X
Team Orion
Kevin E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Batu Kawan Rc Track Tongga Malaysian R/C Racers 10418 06-28-2016 11:34 PM
DRCW Raceway Chesapeake, VA // Asphalt / Indoor Off Road / Outdoor Off Road stiltskin Racing Forum 10278 11-14-2014 07:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:06 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0