R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2012, 03:23 AM   #3316
Tech Regular
 
beaim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Send a message via MSN to beaim
Default

just built my very first serpent s411te...

i got 4x 46mm CVD.

from my experience, 46mm cannot be put in rear for negative chamber. wrong packing of else????
beaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:30 AM   #3317
Tech Master
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,964
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaim View Post
just built my very first serpent s411te...

i got 4x 46mm CVD.

from my experience, 46mm cannot be put in rear for negative chamber. wrong packing of else????
This car is not an Xray. All CVD are the same length.
__________________
AERCCC - ARCR - RRCSA

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #3318
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 35
Default

First of all thankx for his fantastic tread.
Very usefull.

Question , is there a limit to lower the rollcenter by shimming out the upperarm ?
I am new to tc racing , and is it right to think how lower the rollcenter , the higher the grip of the car ?
__________________
Asso B5M
Sanwa M11X
Team Orion
Kevin E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #3319
Tech Master
 
cwoods34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indy-freakin'-ana
Posts: 1,152
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin E. View Post
First of all thankx for his fantastic tread.
Very usefull.

Question , is there a limit to lower the rollcenter by shimming out the upperarm ?
I am new to tc racing , and is it right to think how lower the rollcenter , the higher the grip of the car ?
You can shim as much as you want, as long as nothing binds or rubs.

Lower roll centers don't always increase grip...... in fact depending on conditions you can actually decrease traction with it. What surface and tires will you be using?
__________________
Stop holding bitterness deep in your bum soul.
cwoods34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #3320
Tech Champion
 
TimPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Boynton Beach Fl > Randoph NJ
Posts: 7,481
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter
Default

Anyone looking for a BNIB LE ? PM me
__________________
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost

Last edited by TimPotter; 03-30-2012 at 12:05 PM.
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #3321
Tech Master
 
rctouringracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: woodstock, ga
Posts: 1,298
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rctouringracer
Questions??

Hey Guys is there a thread for the S411FF?
__________________
Burned up
JoeRacer Graphix
Wanna Bee Racing
rctouringracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #3322
Tech Elite
 
mattwoodcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: perth / australia
Posts: 2,747
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoods34 View Post
You can shim as much as you want, as long as nothing binds or rubs.

Lower roll centers don't always increase grip...... in fact depending on conditions you can actually decrease traction with it. What surface and tires will you be using?
If you get a chance down load martins crisps Rc work bench this wil help you to understand all the settings on the car and will enable you to also dial your TC in I have found it most use full and has assisted me I getting the most out of my car.
It will tell you and assist you in every thing you wil need to know.
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #3323
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoods34 View Post
You can shim as much as you want, as long as nothing binds or rubs.

Lower roll centers don't always increase grip...... in fact depending on conditions you can actually decrease traction with it. What surface and tires will you be using?
I run on low traction asphalt with LRP 30X.
The car feels good and in some way easy to drive.
But the biggest problem is a loose rear end by off steering in mid corner.
The tires are squeak when entering the corner but when i go off trottle the rear end comes really loose , so its allmost impossible to let the car roll smooth in mid corner.
__________________
Asso B5M
Sanwa M11X
Team Orion
Kevin E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #3324
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 374
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin E. View Post
I run on low traction asphalt with LRP 30X.
The car feels good and in some way easy to drive.
But the biggest problem is a loose rear end by off steering in mid corner.
The tires are squeak when entering the corner but when i go off trottle the rear end comes really loose , so its allmost impossible to let the car roll smooth in mid corner.
Hi Kevin,

PM me your email and i will send you a good low traction setup for a starting point.

Also guys tried the flex top deck last night and transformed the car again went .3 quicker and finished 2nd in the A main....
Mike Schroder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #3325
Tech Regular
 
rdlkgliders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: So. Cal High Desert Hobbies
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schroder View Post
Hi Kevin,

PM me your email and i will send you a good low traction setup for a starting point.

Also guys tried the flex top deck last night and transformed the car again went .3 quicker and finished 2nd in the A main....
Good luck Kevin, there are a few of us working really hard to create low traction out door setups. Try Mikes setup it should help. I installed the exotek bumper brace super easy and cheap upgrade . I really like the flex top deck outdoors, glad to hear you are running well Mike, I am really looking forward to racing this weekend.
__________________
Serpent, KO Propo, Viper, Savox, ProTek
Team Waldorf Racing

Your not lapping me, you just caught up to me again!!!
rdlkgliders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #3326
Tech Elite
 
mattwoodcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: perth / australia
Posts: 2,747
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I will post up my out door asphalt set up for you to give a look over when I get to my pc I have found changing the front helped me with what you were describing even just standing up the front shock one hole at a time can help I got 2 set ups I like to start with one of which is asphalt large track and the other small indoor carpet track
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #3327
Tech Regular
 
rdlkgliders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: So. Cal High Desert Hobbies
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

I want to try for a little more turn in, I have a mild push on entry. what adjustment or combo would you guys try? I can not decide if I want to increase rear sway from 1.2 to 1.4 to match the front or decrease wheelbase by going from 5mm to 4mm in front of rear arm, increasing front toe from .0mm to .5mm or match my spring front and rear. I am running white rear and gray front and am thinking of going gray front and rear, or possibly lean down from the 4th to 3rd hole on front shock. My car was very good and I am only looking for a small improvement.
I am leaning toward the spring or wheelbase adjustment with the toe being least likely
Thx
Don
__________________
Serpent, KO Propo, Viper, Savox, ProTek
Team Waldorf Racing

Your not lapping me, you just caught up to me again!!!

Last edited by rdlkgliders; 04-01-2012 at 10:00 AM.
rdlkgliders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #3328
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 35
Default

Great , today i went to the track to run some lipo's.
Car felt better then last time , the rear end grip by off trottle steering was a liitlebit better , but like i wonna have it hehehe.

I gave the car less grip in the front by bringing the toe out for 1 to 0,5 , so i decrease steering and the rear end created more grip.
Guys correct me if i'am wrong
__________________
Asso B5M
Sanwa M11X
Team Orion
Kevin E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:56 AM   #3329
Tech Master
 
cwoods34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indy-freakin'-ana
Posts: 1,152
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin E. View Post
Great , today i went to the track to run some lipo's.
Car felt better then last time , the rear end grip by off trottle steering was a liitlebit better , but like i wonna have it hehehe.

I gave the car less grip in the front by bringing the toe out for 1 to 0,5 , so i decrease steering and the rear end created more grip.
Guys correct me if i'am wrong
Less front toe will slightly reduce initial entry steering. Depending on your ackerman, this also gives a bit mid-corner rotation.
__________________
Stop holding bitterness deep in your bum soul.
cwoods34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:21 PM   #3330
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 35
Default

So normaly when i have mid-corner rotation because of less front toe , the rear end should be more loose then before ?
__________________
Asso B5M
Sanwa M11X
Team Orion
Kevin E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Batu Kawan Rc Track Tongga Malaysian R/C Racers 10418 06-28-2016 11:34 PM
DRCW Raceway Chesapeake, VA // Asphalt / Indoor Off Road / Outdoor Off Road stiltskin Racing Forum 10278 11-14-2014 07:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:00 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0