Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

anyone running this chassis?
http://www.exotekracing.com/s411-s4x...is-extra-flex/

need to try something to get some grip back in the rear of the chassis (have tried springs/laying down shocks/different oils etc), wondering if this may help
Old 03-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mingnon

need to try something to get some grip back in the rear of the chassis (have tried springs/laying down shocks/different oils etc), wondering if this may help

That chassis only came out this week so it might be a couple more days before anyone has had a chance to run it.

Have you tried the 2.00mm serpent chassis and the 1.75mm top deck? How about running a ball diff over a gear diff? Maybe post your setup and we can try to see if there is anything else that might help.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The chassi certainly looks like it will be worth a shot I will have Inge one to try for sure , I have found that I have been using about 50-55 EPA on my steering and this has made quite a bit of differance still plenty of steering on our tracks we race at
Old 03-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

What acerman shims are most guys running on the V2 steering rack, cheers.

Rhys
Old 03-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I am switching from the 2.25 to the 2.0 and the 2.0 top flexdeck.
I am also going to experiment with the ball diff, I will report back weather permitting on my findings. I also have not found enough rear grip and I have tried just about all the setup tips that have been offered. The car is pretty good now though, I just need a little bit more rear grip for my liking. I do not think you will get much feedback on the ball diff, I have asked a couple times but I do not think anyone has run it.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

thanks jonny and gliders
Haven't tried the 2mm chassis, will need to get $$ to get one.
Setup is out of the box, tried suggested springs etc.

Was running this in 21.5 blinky class, technical track, med grip track. It was always a bit loose (out of the box), so a little while ago shelved it and ran 2nd hand trf chassis. Really want to try and get it going again. Reading all the posts takes a bit of time though. Other issue is i'm only one at local track running s411 in this class, so nothing really to compare it to at moment (hopefully that will change)
Old 03-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

thanks jonny and gliders
Haven't tried the 2mm chassis, will need to get $$ to get one.
Setup is out of the box, tried suggested springs etc.

Was running this in 21.5 blinky class, technical track, med grip track. It was always a bit loose (out of the box), so a little while ago shelved it and ran 2nd hand trf chassis. Really want to try and get it going again. Reading all the posts takes a bit of time though. Other issue is i'm only one at local track running s411 in this class, so nothing really to compare it to at moment (hopefully that will change)
Page 195 post 2911 has some tips M Crisp gave to me and they have worked pretty well as a starting point to make minor tweeks from. If you like send me your email and I will send my setup sheet.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

I was just looking at the exotek site and saw that they list 82mm wide and 2.25 thick for dimensions. The serpent 2.0 chassis is appx 82mm wide also and 2.0 thick. The Exotek does have diamond cutouts for flex, it will be interesting to hear comparison feedback on the 2 chassis. I am glad to see 3rd party companies making parts, that is always a good sign.
Stormer has a couple 2.0 serpent chassis left at $60.00
Old 03-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default State titles

Just had had the state titles here qualified 4th and in the finals finished on a podium with a second place it was on a small technical carpet track which I have not raced on before I had to make quiet a few changes it was actually the first time I had used the 2.5mm chassi I will post the final set up for any one who is interested but in he end the nd the car was pretty fast not a bad result for some one who didn't turn up to the practice and used the qualifiers for the tuning of the car. . What a. Great TC
Old 03-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Default Martin crisp

Martin crisp your set up station app was awesome it reall assisted me in dialing in my serpent on the rug in the end my Carla's hooked up and very consistent
I used it to make my changes through out the qualifying heats to get my car dialed for the finals and it work
I am happy how easy it is to understand you have really put it together in a way that anyone could under stand besapp ever
Old 03-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone know what springs/swaybars will come with the team edition car? Gonna order one, but I'm switch over from a cyclone to the S411, so I need to know what spare/tuning parts to order with the car.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by crabboy
What acerman shims are most guys running on the V2 steering rack, cheers.

Rhys
I have tried from 0.5 to 4mm and like 1mm the most when it comes to carpet. I might want 2mm for asphalt but won't know until it warms up here in Canada.

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
Martin crisp your set up station app was awesome it reall assisted me in dialing in my serpent on the rug in the end my Carla's hooked up and very consistent
I used it to make my changes through out the qualifying heats to get my car dialed for the finals and it work
I am happy how easy it is to understand you have really put it together in a way that anyone could under stand besapp ever

Thanks for taking the time to write this. I love it when my setupworkbench app helps other drivers get more out of their cars. I still refer to it myself from time to time as I am old and sometimes forget things

Cheers mate!

Martin.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
SERPENT released Alum. C-Hub
Looking forward to trying the rear uprights. I have always like alloy rear uprights on my car to keep the rear toe as consistent as possible. I may want to try the front CHUBS as well, to see how the reduced flex changes the handling.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Beat my overall best lap by 0.3 today(0.1 off the track record) and beat my best 6 minutes by 5 seconds(still 8 seconds of track record) Sold on using the inside holes on the suspension arms. Loving this car.

Last edited by Benzaah; 03-18-2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Cheers Martin, tried a few combos on the car today and settled on 1.5mm, also on a gripped up track used the 2.5 rear block, worked very good, also tried the one piece motor mount and found there to be very little difference between that and the two piece mount, just my opinion.

Rhys

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
I have tried from 0.5 to 4mm and like 1mm the most when it comes to carpet. I might want 2mm for asphalt but won't know until it warms up here in Canada.

Martin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.