Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default flipped steering arms

So I decided to try flipping the steering arms that connect to the ackerman v2 plate and see what it felt like. I know that the ackerman would increase slightly and it would have an impact on the bump steering. The result was fairly expected...which was an easier car to drive due to less steering. It seem to be about the same pace as running the the normal way, but it was a little easier to drive.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Me and my friend tried the V2 rack and we both like it.

2mm shims for ackerman settings feel the best as more mids and exits, 1mm just feel like the old rack.

I also found less wheel chattering during corners, love it.

My friend tried the flip arms but he go a bit slower after that change.

I'm thinking to flip the arms and maybe put 1~2mm shims under knuckles to fine tune the bump steer.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Race Report from the Mid West Grand Slam Race 4 at MSI

Qualified: 17.5 TC: 6th 13.5 TC: TQ

Finished: 17.5 TC: 5th 13.5 TC: 1st

Notes: I started with my recent set-up but they sprayed the track on Saturday morning this was causing a little issue finding a good balance as the corners were a little inconstant. Through out practice I keep trying different things looking for the right balance but keep coming up with too much steering or not enough. Quailifing ended up with me sitting 6th in 17.5 and TQ in 13.5 I ended up pretty much back at my original set-up with some little changes I spring rate lower all around and 0.1 thicker front sway bar. But the car was very good for the mains. The 17.5 main started out rough and I fell back to 9th or 10th and came back to 5th, I did get close to the main pack but made a few mistakes cost me. However the 13.5 main was a different story, we had a very clean start and I started to pull away and was able to build a good lead and was able to hold it to take the Win.

Thanks, Serpent, Sweep and Fantom for all the support.
James

Kelso race the same set-up with only a minor change for driving style he used a 2.6 front spring and the stock shocks same oils.
Attached Files
Old 02-29-2012, 05:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry sir, but what do you mean by "arms flipped"?

Thanks for your time.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by february
Sorry sir, but what do you mean by "arms flipped"?

Thanks for your time.
The steering arms for the V2 steering rack.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Preparing for the outdoor season big flowing track med. traction, what are your thoughts about running 2mm upper and lower chassis? Thanks in advance
Old 02-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Preparing for the outdoor season big flowing track med. traction, what are your thoughts about running 2mm upper and lower chassis? Thanks in advance
It depends...for example, we're running on outdoor track with just one tire set for qual and finals...so, i'm using the softest configuration ( 2mm chassis + 2 mm new flex topdeck) to stress tires as less as possible.

i think that you can use the 2 mm chassis and by track grip situation, you can choiche between different topdeck sizes and flex

2.25 mm is a good chassis also!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brunelli ale
It depends...for example, we're running on outdoor track with just one tire set for qual and finals...so, i'm using the softest configuration ( 2mm chassis + 2 mm new flex topdeck) to stress tires as less as possible.

i think that you can use the 2 mm chassis and by track grip situation, you can choiche between different topdeck sizes and flex

2.25 mm is a good chassis also!
thanks
Old 02-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Serpent web site had last week S411 in TITC setup !
Old 02-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
That should be a great starting point, the only thing I would do is the front bumper mod so you don't snap the front of the chassis off if you hard impact. Its a couple pages back with pics, myself and ? posted pics, the other guy ? has better pics than mine though. (Sorry forget who but his mod turned out nicer).

Also a chassis protector could help.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

i need alittle help

i picked up a set of Serpent DJC's for my s411, after installing them on my car i can no longer go to full lock the heat shrink is rubbing on the c hub, has anyone else had this problem, im kind of alittle lost on what to do next, currently im useing the stock 2 degree c hubs

thanks
Old 02-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent Guy
i need alittle help

i picked up a set of Serpent DJC's for my s411, after installing them on my car i can no longer go to full lock the heat shrink is rubbing on the c hub, has anyone else had this problem, im kind of alittle lost on what to do next, currently im useing the stock 2 degree c hubs

thanks
Yes mine rub also but I haven't noticed an issue in performance they rubbed a small ring off the shrink and then that was it haven't noticed anything else by way of rubbing anymore..
Old 02-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

i'm under the impression that you have to clearance the older c hub 's so the djc doesn't rub.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
Yes mine rub also but I haven't noticed an issue in performance they rubbed a small ring off the shrink and then that was it haven't noticed anything else by way of rubbing anymore..
You get another chassis yet?
Old 02-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by LOW ET
i'm under the impression that you have to clearance the older c hub 's so the djc doesn't rub.
do you have a link to that info?

thank you for the help so far everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.