R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2012, 05:36 AM   #2776
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER View Post
Thanks for all the tips guys.. My new diffs seem fine.. Ordered a few new housings and gaskets..again thanks for all the help
where did you buy the gaskets?
ZORO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #2777
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZORO1 View Post
where did you buy the gaskets?
Oh I just ordered the ser401371 diff revision kit u get the gears washers and gaskets like 14.00 from serpent america
__________________
TEAM Black Ops.
NUCRPTRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #2778
Tech Fanatic
 
Martin Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu_05' View Post
Hi Martin,

ThX for your help !

How many gear do you have in your diff ?

And do you think that the 2.5mm chassis, will be more stable on carpet than the 2.25 ?

I use two gears in my diff. I think the 2.5 might have a little more steering, but I have not tested it.
__________________
Martin Crisp
SetupWorkbench.com | Power-Story.com | LearnSetup.com
Martin Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #2779
Tech Master
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,966
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER View Post
Oh I just ordered the ser401371 diff revision kit u get the gears washers and gaskets like 14.00 from serpent america
I bought this first time as i thought it was great value as i needed the extra satellite gears to run a 4 gear diff. This is the part number for the o rings SER-804200

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...e-ring-p-18656
__________________
AERCCC - ARCR - RRCSA

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #2780
Tech Elite
 
mattwoodcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: perth / australia
Posts: 2,747
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

i have not yet tried the 4 beval gears in my rear diff yet but i thin, i might have to give it a shot next time a go racing and see what the difference is.
when the cars going good its hard to make a change i think.
i like the fact you put it down and pull the trigger and know yor car is going to good
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:42 AM   #2781
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft View Post
i have not yet tried the 4 beval gears in my rear diff yet but i thin, i might have to give it a shot next time a go racing and see what the difference is.
when the cars going good its hard to make a change i think.
i like the fact you put it down and pull the trigger and know yor car is going to good
when using 4 gears, drop your oil. i found 4 gears and 800cst was ok. 600cst was the go.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:24 AM   #2782
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

The car feels very edgy, a hair to much for me. Would increasing the cst in the rear gear diff help that? By this I mean take away alittle of the twitchyness? I love the fact when a car can have to much steering.. Better than trying to find it. Also looking for some direction on shock oil low to medium grip carpet...stock springs(orange/yellow)..do they sell the swaybar bushing on a tree for all the sways? Got a 1.2 for the rear but I have no bushing..
__________________
TEAM Black Ops.
NUCRPTRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #2783
Tech Champion
 
TimPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Boynton Beach Fl > Randoph NJ
Posts: 7,481
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter
Default

part # 401411 has 1.2,1.4,1.6 and 1.8 bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER View Post
The car feels very edgy, a hair to much for me. Would increasing the cst in the rear gear diff help that? By this I mean take away alittle of the twitchyness? I love the fact when a car can have to much steering.. Better than trying to find it. Also looking for some direction on shock oil low to medium grip carpet...stock springs(orange/yellow)..do they sell the swaybar bushing on a tree for all the sways? Got a 1.2 for the rear but I have no bushing..
__________________
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #2784
Tech Elite
 
orcadigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 2,145
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Just for fun, did a time lapse (sorta) of building my LE.

http://youtu.be/oPF76oH9444
__________________
Desoto Racing * Serpent America * Boca Bearings

"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
orcadigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #2785
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 53
Default

deleted post
JamieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #2786
Tech Master
 
pcar951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cow Town
Posts: 1,647
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER View Post
The car feels very edgy, a hair to much for me. Would increasing the cst in the rear gear diff help that? By this I mean take away alittle of the twitchyness? I love the fact when a car can have to much steering.. Better than trying to find it. Also looking for some direction on shock oil low to medium grip carpet...stock springs(orange/yellow)..do they sell the swaybar bushing on a tree for all the sways? Got a 1.2 for the rear but I have no bushing..
First thing to do is get rid of the front arm sweep, go 2.0 - 2.0 front mounts to start with. It really makes the car way less twitchy. For me, going to lighter springs also helped.
__________________
Jim Chapman
PM Hobbycraft | RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Reds Racing
pcar951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #2787
Tech Master
 
Akhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alberta,Canada
Posts: 1,218
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcar951 View Post
First thing to do is get rid of the front arm sweep, go 2.0 - 2.0 front mounts to start with. It really makes the car way less twitchy. For me, going to lighter springs also helped.
What springs are and shock oil are you running?
__________________
--Blaine--
Losi 8ight-E 2.0, Mugen MBX 7, Mugen MBX 7 Eco
VBC D06, VBC D07
www.rcgears.net, www.carcar.ca, www.karz.ca
Akhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #2788
Tech Master
 
MCSEDanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 1,105
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post
Just for fun, did a time lapse (sorta) of building my LE.

http://youtu.be/oPF76oH9444
Have you thought about putting electronics in her and taking her for a run?
__________________
Team Turtle Trax / Loganville RC Raceway
Mugen MBX6TR / Bonito
Kyosho MP9 TKI3 / Plus 4
Kyosho MP9 TKI3 / Electric / WTF
AE B44.3 / ORCA VXX / D4 7.5
MCSEDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #2789
Tech Elite
 
orcadigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 2,145
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSEDanny View Post
Have you thought about putting electronics in her and taking her for a run?
Have you thought about cleaning out your bearings? Joe wanted to know.
__________________
Desoto Racing * Serpent America * Boca Bearings

"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
orcadigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #2790
Tech Master
 
MCSEDanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 1,105
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcadigital View Post
Have you thought about cleaning out your bearings? Joe wanted to know.
Speaking of.... Did anyone else soak there bearing to remove the grease before running there S411?
__________________
Team Turtle Trax / Loganville RC Raceway
Mugen MBX6TR / Bonito
Kyosho MP9 TKI3 / Plus 4
Kyosho MP9 TKI3 / Electric / WTF
AE B44.3 / ORCA VXX / D4 7.5
MCSEDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Batu Kawan Rc Track Tongga Malaysian R/C Racers 10418 06-28-2016 11:34 PM
DRCW Raceway Chesapeake, VA // Asphalt / Indoor Off Road / Outdoor Off Road stiltskin Racing Forum 10278 11-14-2014 07:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:08 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0