R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #2671
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to BAD007SUZUKI
Default also, (sorry)

i also tried some strands of wire attached to 3 points/screws on the bottom of the chassis. i cut the lengths long enough to drag on the carpet (almost like a slot car). my hope was to discharge any static back into the carpet.

it didnt work. after a full 6 minutes, i had the same static shock from the chassis.

i also sprayed the bottom of the chassis with static guard. i did a light coating and a thick coating. neither worked. i also lightly sprayed the electronics. (lightly)
Old 01-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #2672
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaraz View Post
Hi, I bought an s411 le (quranteed to be v2, lol, and comes with tools and orange anodized parts ) and the xray 2012, I built this one first and ran it, on a track with 95 percent xray, and now I am selling the xray, this car is really good, also helps I race at the same track as martin crisp so his input is priceless everything he told me to do, made the car easier and faster to drive, so my decision was made to keep this car, last i checked most of the hobby stores have the v2 kit now, but to make sure just ask if it as the v2 motor mount (two piece) and the 2.25mm bottom chassis, this way you know you got a v2, but the le is the best deal out there, tools, extra gear diff, carbon battery holders, and the orange anodizing,
So why did you sell your s411 in favour for a Yokomo bd5?
MarcusEngdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #2673
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusEngdahl View Post
So why did you sell your s411 in favour for a Yokomo bd5?
no did not buy a yokomo just looking for some info, probably will not get one as there is no support for it i canada, i called a bunch of hobby shops and no one carries anything for the yokomo, now that i think about it should have just kept the s411, also sold my t3 2012, and 417x, a700 might be next, or if i can find a good deal on a s411 again
zaraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #2674
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I know someone has some serpent shocks or some replacement shock purchasing tips for my S411.

Your not lapping me, you just caught up to me again!!!
rdlkgliders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #2675
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

^ check pm
zaraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #2676
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to BAD007SUZUKI
Default anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD007SUZUKI View Post
hello fellow snake owners,
has anyone had static issues with their car? i just sent my 5th tekin rs esc in because it blew a phase. the only thing we can come up with at the track is, static. i have been shocked a few times after a run when i pick my car up. im running 5mm ride height front and rear. one layer of servo tape for the esc. ive gone through 2 rs pro's, and 3 rs's.

now, im not the only one with this issue. a 12th scale guy just went through his 3rd tekin in a month. a xray t3'11 went through several as well. and my buddy yellowfiveo (also a rc tech memebr) has the s411 and blew his esc last friday. the track owner has had several esc's fail as well. to sum up, about 6 of us.

the shortcourse trucks, stadium trucks, and the majority of vta are NOT having this issue.

since there are some really good guys on this thread, i figure i'd start here.

i heard that a piece of steel mesh sandwiched between two pieces of servo tape will help discharge any static build up.

not sure if its a tekin issue or (for sure) a static issue.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #2677
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

New aftermarket parts

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ar-hub-p-24116 Rear hubs

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...t-s411-p-24150 2.0 chassis

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ck-alu-p-24064 steering blocks

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...11-130-p-24047
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #2678
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=BAD007SUZUKI;10250520]hello fellow snake owners,
has anyone had static issues with their car? i just sent my 5th tekin rs esc in because it blew a phase. the only thing we can come up with at the track is, static. i have been shocked a few times after a run when i pick my car up. im running 5mm ride height front and rear. one layer of servo tape for the esc. ive gone through 2 rs pro's, and 3 rs's.

now, im not the only one with this issue. a 12th scale guy just went through his 3rd tekin in a month. a xray t3'11 went through several as well. and my buddy yellowfiveo (also a rc tech memebr) has the s411 and blew his esc last friday. the track owner has had several esc's fail as well. to sum up, about 6 of us.

the shortcourse trucks, stadium trucks, and the majority of vta are NOT having this issue.

i heard that a piece of steel mesh sandwiched between two pieces of servo tape will help discharge any static build up.

I and a friend of mine last winter had the exact same issues . Both of us ran 1/12th and followed how to set up the speed contol with one cell. Be it with a booster or a cell to power the reciever but still had issues .
It was pretty cold during that time and we also experienced the static that you were mentioning . But we were never able to figure out if the static was the problem
This year I went with a LPR in my 1/12th and put the Tekin in the touring car but my buddy stayed with the Tekin his 1/12th . I have not had any issues with my Tekin and both speed controls run great . I had to send my LRP for some unrelated issues but find they are both really good speed controls . I wonder if there is some way to reduce the static at the track .Then if it still happens you could eliminate static as the cause .
Old 01-31-2012, 03:20 PM   #2679
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

I and a friend of mine last winter had the exact same issues . Both of us ran 1/12th and followed how to set up the speed contol with one cell. Be it with a booster or a cell to power the reciever but still had issues .
It was pretty cold during that time and we also experienced the static that you were mentioning . But we were never able to figure out if the static was the problem
This year I went with a LPR in my 1/12th and put the Tekin in the touring car but my buddy stayed with the Tekin his 1/12th . I have not had any issues with my Tekin and both speed controls run great . I had to send my LRP for some unrelated issues but find they are both really good speed controls . I wonder if there is some way to reduce the static at the track .Then if it still happens you could eliminate static as the cause .
fasteddie d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:22 PM   #2680
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Check the Tekin thread . They have lots of great people helping us hobbyist out .
Old 01-31-2012, 08:12 PM   #2681
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Serpent members site

Not sure who is looking after the Serpent members site, but talk about a spamers playground. It really needs to be cleaned up, BADLY!
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:52 AM   #2682
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

this doesn't sound good at all
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:06 AM   #2683
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Not sure who is looking after the Serpent members site, but talk about a spamers playground. It really needs to be cleaned up, BADLY!
OMG. why do people feel the need to do such things ?
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #2684
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What are RCM shocks?
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:50 AM   #2685
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

You blew 4 up and still bought a 5th? Lol.

The Tekin is one of the more fragile ESCs out there; you can't get to that small size and weight without comprimising something. Next time try an LRP, Hobbywing or GM. They're all a bit bigger than the Tekin, but much more reliable.
daleburr is offline   Reply With Quote