R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #2641
Tech Champion
 
TimPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Boynton Beach Fl > Randoph NJ
Posts: 7,481
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter
Default

From my last times at Kraceway, it is medium traction or above. The setups tend to be close to the base setup. There should be 3 or 4 Serpents at that race.. Maybe more... Working on that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat View Post
I'll be running at Kraceway, I figured since it will be in March weather may be a little cool.

I'll take your set up too, thanks
__________________
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #2642
Tech Master
 
MCSEDanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 1,105
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

So I am thinking about jumping over to a S411. I am looking to find out if there are "issues" with this car and what I need to stock up on to keep the car running as there is no Serpent dealer near me.

I have run an XRAY T3 2011 that has mostly been converted with options to a 2012 and have found that while I have not broken any part on the car the plastic in the steering knuckles wear out and have to re tighten ever run. The same goes for the rear hub carriers. But again have not broken anything to cause me to pull off the track.

I have recently purchased a Tamiya 417. Awesome car but I have spent $70 in C-Hubs over the past 3 weeks. This I find to be completely insane. Also I have purchased the Spec R ECSs and bent one of them first run. No I am not a top level driver that never hits a thing. I am an average driver that will get into a accident here and there but past the level of running into a wall must all times.

What is the weak point on the Serpent? I want to make sure if I make the jump I stock up on those parts with of course also having a set of arms, c hubs, steering knuckles and what not for that unique time that I crash real good.

This car will mainly be used for VTA so is there anything springs, roll bars, roll center parts I am just never going to need?
__________________
Team Turtle Trax / Loganville RC Raceway
Mugen MBX6TR / Bonito
Kyosho MP9 TKI3 / Plus 4
Kyosho MP9 TKI3 / Electric / WTF
AE B44.3 / ORCA VXX / D4 7.5
MCSEDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #2643
Tech Champion
 
TimPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Boynton Beach Fl > Randoph NJ
Posts: 7,481
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter
Default

I have been running the car for few months, and I really have not found a "weak" spot if you will. Sure the plastics will gain slop and wear out, but in my experience that happens on all cars. I too have run Tamiya, and the serious weak point on that chassis are the C Hubs and steering blocks.

Like you already mentioned ,I would suggest the standard parts to stock, like you would with an Xray.1 set of Front and Rear Arms. A couple pair of c hubs and steering knuckles, a set of rear hubs.. ahh bushings for the hubs too

I like to have a pair of CVD's, 1 of each belt, pullies.. that kind of stuff,

I run mod with my car, and I would suggest the aluminum pullies as one of your first upgrades, for VTA, I would think they are not needed. Get yourself some of the optionsl springs ( black, grey,white ), and maybe an additional swaybar or two... I have been using my tamiya bars on my car, so this kind of things kind of carry over as well.

You will not be disappointed, this really is the sleeper of the TC's out there ( IMHO ).. .Durable, cost effective, tunable and fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSEDanny View Post
So I am thinking about jumping over to a S411. I am looking to find out if there are "issues" with this car and what I need to stock up on to keep the car running as there is no Serpent dealer near me.

I have run an XRAY T3 2011 that has mostly been converted with options to a 2012 and have found that while I have not broken any part on the car the plastic in the steering knuckles wear out and have to re tighten ever run. The same goes for the rear hub carriers. But again have not broken anything to cause me to pull off the track.

I have recently purchased a Tamiya 417. Awesome car but I have spent $70 in C-Hubs over the past 3 weeks. This I find to be completely insane. Also I have purchased the Spec R ECSs and bent one of them first run. No I am not a top level driver that never hits a thing. I am an average driver that will get into a accident here and there but past the level of running into a wall must all times.

What is the weak point on the Serpent? I want to make sure if I make the jump I stock up on those parts with of course also having a set of arms, c hubs, steering knuckles and what not for that unique time that I crash real good.

This car will mainly be used for VTA so is there anything springs, roll bars, roll center parts I am just never going to need?
__________________
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #2644
Tech Elite
 
gearhead_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly
Posts: 2,353
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to gearhead_22
Default

do anyone know if there will any serpents at the snowbirds?
__________________
serpent 977WC-novarossi-748TQ
serpent S120 LTR-S411 4X-F110 fs2
serpent America/Ashford Hobby/skyrocket racing
Juwan Hunter http://rccarworld.com/............ serpent.com
Track director at RCCW.
gearhead_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #2645
Tech Master
 
miller tyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,552
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_22 View Post
do anyone know if there will any serpents at the snowbirds?
Yes, atleast 3 team drivers and I suspect more than a few others as well.
__________________
Ken Miller
RC America - X-Ray - ORCA - EA Motorsorts - Pro Level RC - Sanwa - TQ Wire - ProOne Racing Tires -

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #2646
Tech Master
 
BAD007SUZUKI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NILES, MI
Posts: 1,008
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to BAD007SUZUKI
Default OK

PM ME YOUR EMAIL. IM FILLING OUT A SHEET RIGHT NOW.




Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat View Post
I'll take it
__________________
R/C Fun Park 12990 SR23 Granger, Indiana 46530
BAD007SUZUKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #2647
Tech Elite
 
dawgmeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,383
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD007SUZUKI View Post
PM ME YOUR EMAIL. IM FILLING OUT A SHEET RIGHT NOW.

.
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #2648
Tech Master
 
BAD007SUZUKI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NILES, MI
Posts: 1,008
Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to BAD007SUZUKI
Default sent

check you email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmeat View Post
@yahoo.com thanks
__________________
R/C Fun Park 12990 SR23 Granger, Indiana 46530
BAD007SUZUKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #2649
Tech Fanatic
 
Martin Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
Yes, atleast 3 team drivers and I suspect more than a few others as well.
I believe Marc Fisher, myself and James will be there.
__________________
Martin Crisp
SetupWorkbench.com | Power-Story.com | LearnSetup.com
Martin Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #2650
Tech Elite
 
gearhead_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly
Posts: 2,353
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to gearhead_22
Default

i just got the Double joint cardan DJC set (2) (#401445), for my 411 anyone using them yet and how are they in performance?
__________________
serpent 977WC-novarossi-748TQ
serpent S120 LTR-S411 4X-F110 fs2
serpent America/Ashford Hobby/skyrocket racing
Juwan Hunter http://rccarworld.com/............ serpent.com
Track director at RCCW.
gearhead_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #2651
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 970
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

hi if anyone is looking for extra s411 diff gears, shims, shocks i have some for sale in the for sale section
zaraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #2652
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_22 View Post
i just got the Double joint cardan DJC set (2) (#401445), for my 411 anyone using them yet and how are they in performance?
used them for the first time last weekend, seemed to "round" the corners better IMO. I know that's not very scientific but they did seem to make the steering smoother but still aggresive.
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #2653
Tech Fanatic
 
mingnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sutherland Shire
Posts: 962
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default dampers

anyone have a set of dampers they would like to part with, if so can you pm me
had some stuff (toolboxes) stolen from house.
cheers
__________________
---------------------------SMA The Home of GREAT Racing------------------------------
mingnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #2654
Tech Fanatic
 
mingnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sutherland Shire
Posts: 962
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Zaraz for email and assistance re shocks
__________________
---------------------------SMA The Home of GREAT Racing------------------------------
mingnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #2655
Tech Regular
 
rdlkgliders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: So. Cal High Desert Hobbies
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

I lost out on my bid for the le, it went for 570.00.....ouch.
If anyone knows of someone selling any s411 let me know or even the best price for a new one in the U.S, also how do I know if I am getting a v2.
I was dead set on a T3 11' with the mods I wanted, now I am hardly tempted by the xray. I guess I am smitten by the snake!
__________________
Serpent, KO Propo, Viper, Savox, ProTek
Team Waldorf Racing

Your not lapping me, you just caught up to me again!!!
rdlkgliders is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Batu Kawan Rc Track Tongga Malaysian R/C Racers 10418 06-28-2016 11:34 PM
DRCW Raceway Chesapeake, VA // Asphalt / Indoor Off Road / Outdoor Off Road stiltskin Racing Forum 10278 11-14-2014 07:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:02 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0