R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #2311
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Frahm View Post
I currently own a TC6.1 and decided to try a S411 after I found a like new used one for sale here on RCTech. Anyone else in the PNW running this car? I'm looking forward to running this car and comparing it to the 6.1.

Jim

ME, ME, me

I answered your PM, I'll be happy to help anyway I can.

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #2312

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Says I have the wrong flash installed yet it runs other tube videos... Do you have the http link info?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2_2V...layer_embedded
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #2313
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to todb

izzy...thanks for the help and i will try that tommorrow. I did pick up a speed six body already although i will have to swtich wings. I will report back the changes. Does the gear diff really cause that much difference because in the two I have tried the gear diff it was wicked loose until I went back to a ball diff in my previous car?
Old 12-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #2314
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Thumbs up "LE" Feedback...

Been "Forum Stalking" for a while, bought the LE kit number 147 and figured it was time to post.

Coming from a T3 2011, race indoor medium sized track here in Florida (17.5 boosted).

Built the car, out of the box the fit and finish is superb (my expectations are pretty high) The shocks are like butter, easy to build with consistent rebound.

Ran the car for the first time tonight with complete stock setup and it was dialed. (removed two rear top deck screws)'

Car is very smooth, predictable and most important- easy to drive consistent.

The 411 has been out for a while and I think commonly had been commonly overlooked. including myself...
Serpent timed the LE kit perfect -before the release of the T3 2012 expecting to pickup some impatient Xray owners such as myself. (glad they did)

Both cars are great, but the 411 box -stock setup as good as it drives from day 1 is very commendable and appears so far to be very durable.

I ran a RS with a Thunder Power 17.5 and a Savox Low profile servo on Sweep 32's. (which btw are a awesome tire)

Serpent -Now all we need is more Florida racers, improved parts support to dealers in Central Florida and possibly a win at the Snowbirds for 2012.

Thanks for designing a great car and more importantly commit to improving the car through a process of running revsions..
jetbill007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #2315
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Frahm

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
ME, ME, me

I answered your PM, I'll be happy to help anyway I can.

Steve
Thanks for the PM. I just ordered a S411LE. Stormer had 5 in stock.

Looking forward to running this car.

Jim
Old 12-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #2316
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbill007 View Post
Been "Forum Stalking" for a while, bought the LE kit number 147 and figured it was time to post.

Coming from a T3 2011, race indoor medium sized track here in Florida (17.5 boosted).

Built the car, out of the box the fit and finish is superb (my expectations are pretty high) The shocks are like butter, easy to build with consistent rebound.

Ran the car for the first time tonight with complete stock setup and it was dialed. (removed two rear top deck screws)'

The 411 has been out for a while and I think commonly had been commonly overlooked. including myself...
Serpent timed the LE kit perfect -before the release of the T3 2012 expecting to pickup some impatient Xray owners such as myself. (glad they did)

Both cars are great, but the 411 box -stock setup as good as it drives from day 1 is very commendable and appears so far to be very durable.

I ran a RS with a Thunder Power 17.5 and a Savox Low profile servo on Sweep 32's. (which btw are a awesome tire)

Serpent -Now all we need is more Florida racers, improved parts support to dealers in Central Florida and possibly a win at the Snowbirds for 2012.

Thanks for designing a great car and more importantly commit to improving the car through a process of running revsions..
It's good to hear the stock setup works great out-of-the-box. I just ordered the LE tonight and will run it in 17.5 as well.

STORMER has the LE in stock just in case someone else is looking for one.

Jim
Old 12-28-2011, 10:23 PM   #2317
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Frahm View Post
Thanks for the PM. I just ordered a S411LE. Stormer had 5 in stock.

Looking forward to running this car.

Jim

Awesome Jim, let me know if I can help.

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:43 PM   #2318
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Bill, there are a growing number of Florida guys running the car. I am still working on my base setup , but so far the car is excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbill007 View Post

Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:00 AM   #2319
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default s411

hello all i just purchased a 411 and now I'm looking for a good set up for a track about 65 ft straight, carpet track with low traction, i'll be running 17.5 lrp, boosted with a tekin rs. i have the 2.5mm chassis. Can any one point to a setup that should meet my needs?

thank you Brian

Last edited by jekyll08; 12-29-2011 at 04:26 AM.
jekyll08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:09 AM   #2320
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mild seven

try the kit setup first. its actually pretty good on most tracks.
mild seven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:46 AM   #2321
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyll08 View Post
hello all i just purchased a 411 and now I'm looking for a good set up for a track about 65 ft straight, carpet track with low traction, i'll be running 17.5 lrp, boosted with a tekin rs. i have the 2.5mm chassis. Can any one point to a setup that should meet my needs?

thank you Brian
Kit setup except rear sus mount spacer. 0.5mm should better.
xtaiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:38 AM   #2322
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What are you all doing to prevent the factory installed steering rack bearings from moving? I went over my 411's last night after practice and found that the steering rack plate had slid 1/2 way up the bearings.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #2323
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcar951 View Post
What are you all doing to prevent the factory installed steering rack bearings from moving? I went over my 411's last night after practice and found that the steering rack plate had slid 1/2 way up the bearings.
Great buid tips by Chris, the assembly of the servo mounts helped remove the tweak and steering free play.

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/serp...swell_Tips.pdf
jetbill007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #2324
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Awesome Jim, let me know if I can help.

Steve
Will do, thanks!

Jim
Old 12-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #2325
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcar951 View Post
Jim I thought I had this issue fixed a couple times now but the rack still seems to move every once in a while. Even after locktite the bearings they seem to work their way loose. I think Serpent should re-do the rack with a shoulder in the lower pocket for the bearing to rest on and then use a flanged bearing on the top, but since that isn't happening, here is what I did.

The spare washers that come with the Xray car for the shock build, the real thin ones that are big diameter, just slightly bigger than the bearing diameter of the steering rack bearing, I use those with a brushed motor shim washer. So its the screw, the big washer, the shim washer, and then thru the bearing. Use some blue locktite on the screw, this will prevent the rack from moving up and the lower arms should keep it from falling down. Its not perfect but it works.

Oh and I did some back to back testing of the 2.25 versus the 2.50 chassis and "Numb" is the perfect description and also the 2.50 seems to plant the car a little better, no appreciable time differences between the two. If anything the 2.5 felt a little more predictable on turn in on high speed corner.

I also took a straight edge to the 2 chassis I have, and although the 2.50 is flat, much to my dismay my 2.25 chassis seems to be wavy making it very difficult to set consistent ride height. Its about 0.04mm out in places.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote