Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

for those that have the new kits le version, is the c hub now beveled so it will accept the double joint, or do you still have to shave the inside, and is there a cheaper double joint on the market other then the serpent one, as the price on the serpent double joint universal is so high, thanks
Old 12-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here's some pics of my car with the DualSky 800TF esc, 17.5 motor, and 6200 65C pack. Can't wait to get it on the track this weekend
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411-s411.jpg   Serpent S411-s411-2.jpg  
Old 12-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'll get some laps with the new setup this week on both cars (blinky and boosted). Also got the delrin drive cups for the spool, we'll see how they hold up.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zaraz
for those that have the new kits le version, is the c hub now beveled so it will accept the double joint, or do you still have to shave the inside, and is there a cheaper double joint on the market other then the serpent one, as the price on the serpent double joint universal is so high, thanks
anyone
Old 12-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Here's some pics of my car with the DualSky 800TF esc, 17.5 motor, and 6200 65C pack. Can't wait to get it on the track this weekend

Looking good Matt, are you going to top it with a red and white painted body like the old days??

Your going to need to bring it out west for the Reedy race in May...
Old 12-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Sorry, found this kind of funny!!!!

Originally Posted by Benzaah
I know a lot of people in this thread have a lot of patience for others but after about 4 pages of your posts i'm over it. Can we keep this discussion S411 related as this is not the 'I'm a newbie, answer every question i have about Rc' thread...
Followed by...

Originally Posted by Benzaah
I see 3 versions of this app in the itunes store. Which is the most current?
Old 12-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B
Looking good Matt, are you going to top it with a red and white painted body like the old days??

Your going to need to bring it out west for the Reedy race in May...
Pactra Firey Orange is an exact match to the dark orange anodizing so I went with an Orange/white scheme this time
Old 12-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

anyone

My LE arrives soon, and I had an original S411 which not everyone that has been posting recently has had. Trouble is I already sold my standard version but I will try to answer as soon as I get my new car.

Steve
Old 12-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

anyone
why would you need them.. the car does not react like a spool front diff.. i have no cornering chatter or effect of a standard axle.. i have not even thought about getting the double joints due to how smooth the car turns.. jeremy
Old 12-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

The c hubs look the same as the original ones as I have some of the original hard hubs here as well. The V2hubs are coming I assume with the reworked dcj shafts. These dcj were meant to be in the LE kits but did not meet the standard as far as Im aware and we got a second geared diff instead.

Can someone confirm if there is a way to get the X-ray ecs to fit as I have 2sets of 52mm ones here I could use. Regards Benzaah
Old 12-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

I read the posts and just assumed that djc was a good upgrade to have, why would the front spool not act like any other front spool, aren,t all front spools basically the same, a solid piece attached to the gear, so how is the s411 different, every front spool car i have had has chatter, maybe martin or others with the car already can chime in, my car will not be here for another 2 weeks
Old 12-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

I read the posts and just assumed that djc was a good upgrade to have, why would the front spool not act like any other front spool, aren,t all front spools basically the same, a solid piece attached to the gear, so how is the s411 different, every front spool car i have had has chatter, maybe martin or others with the car already can chime in, my car will not be here for another 2 weeks
correct.. i do not know why it does not chatter like a normal spool but that is the first thing i noticed.. the car acts like a one-way car.. atleast that is what i feel.. i do not feel any binding in the front end around corners.. jeremy
Old 12-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
correct.. i do not know why it does not chatter like a normal spool but that is the first thing i noticed.. the car acts like a one-way car.. atleast that is what i feel.. i do not feel any binding in the front end around corners.. jeremy
Mine is the exact same way. But my xray was the same last year indoors. The only time my xray had chatter was when I was running mod outdoors.

I planned on changing my car as well. But after my 1st run with the car on carpet I decided not to and decided to spend my money on other things for the car.

-DC-
Old 12-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

when I run the car with the standard universals, I don't see any noticeable chatter on the track. If I run the car on the bench and turn the wheels left or right, I do see chatter. I think the ECS or DJC (whatever the right term is) will help the car rotate through the middle of the corner better, but I have to say that the standard universals are excellent as well.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by StevenOlsen
hi Martin.
nice to hear that you find the serpent so easy to drive :-)

i have a couple og questions about your setup.
1. did you use short or long link i the front ? (you forgot to mark it)
2. did you really use 300 oil in the rear diff ?

Steven
Hi.

I used the long link in the front...sorry about missing that on the setup sheet.

Yes, I did use 300 oil in the rear diff. I started with 1200, then 800 then 300 and found the 300 had the most mid corner rotation and the smoothest corner exit. I think as the diff breaks in more I might end up at 500 or 700.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.