R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2011, 01:32 AM   #211
Tech Master
 
jca2000au's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: ไกล, 遠, jauh, 먼, ver, 遠い, lontano, بعيدا, xa
Posts: 1,180
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
hope you took a break from the build and sent me mine ?
Sent ETA 2 days.

Thank you
jca2000au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:40 AM   #212
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca2000au View Post
Sent ETA 2 days.

Thank you
Legend !
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #213
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Doncaster South Yorkshire
Posts: 109
Angry price

Just been on Serpent uk site .375 this seem's steep in a resection. looks like I'll be looking else where for a new car.Shame really fan-side this one.
big paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #214
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,127
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....ducts_id=11207
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #215
Tech Apprentice
 
Bobert Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 98
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
Just been on Serpent uk site .375 this seem's steep in a resection. looks like I'll be looking else where for a new car.Shame really fan-side this one.
including a gear dif and free set of tyres from rcmarket its not a bad deal as the parts would be around $80 US..gear difs seem to be the norm and the kit comes with it
__________________
ROAR# 1-121732
Bobert Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #216
Tech Elite
 
gearhead_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly
Posts: 2,353
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to gearhead_22
Default

well still waiting for the s411 but s400 still running strong
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent S411-s-400.jpg  
__________________
serpent 977WC-novarossi-748TQ
serpent S120 LTR-S411 4X-F110 fs2
serpent America/Ashford Hobby/skyrocket racing
Juwan Hunter http://rccarworld.com/............ serpent.com
Track director at RCCW.
gearhead_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #217
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,127
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert Ross View Post
including a gear dif and free set of tyres from rcmarket its not a bad deal as the parts would be around $80 US..gear difs seem to be the norm and the kit comes with it
Spare & Option Parts will this week release !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:04 PM   #218
Tech Adept
 
rendcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunshine state
Posts: 199
Default

Is there any test drive of this car from serpent before they release it ?
__________________
Itami o shitte ..
rendcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:12 AM   #219
Tech Initiate
 
KweetNiet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendcool View Post
Is there any test drive of this car from serpent before they release it ?
But I don't want them to testdrive mine I rather crash it myself the first time
KweetNiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #220
Tech Master
 
Akhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alberta,Canada
Posts: 1,218
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
Spare & Option Parts will this week release !
Are you going to send a link for the option parts.
__________________
--Blaine--
Losi 8ight-E 2.0, Mugen MBX 7, Mugen MBX 7 Eco
VBC D06, VBC D07
www.rcgears.net, www.carcar.ca, www.karz.ca
Akhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #221
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
Just been on Serpent uk site .375 this seem's steep in a resection. looks like I'll be looking else where for a new car.Shame really fan-side this one.
Price is on par with other kits at this level. If you don't like the price, move on and go get a TC6.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #222
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,127
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
Are you going to send a link for the option parts.
Around weekend will show !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #223
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA Beach
Posts: 3,458
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
Around weekend will show !
I preordered. What are the free tires?
Jamison R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #224
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Price is on par with other kits at this level. If you don't like the price, move on and go get a TC6.
Speaking as someone who's spent too much already i.e. much more than the amount mentioned above - don't tell the SO, and still spending too much on r/c cars...375quid is a good chunk of lolly. And to sound so flippant (apologies if your intended tone was not so, the internet is not so good at expressing such things) about it for what is essentially a toy car (OK, give it a fancy name of you choice if you want e.g. ego massager, tingly-feeling-goodness generator, momentary reality escape contraption, rolling chassis ) makes me feel shocked for some reason. Are the prices so high (and acceptable it seems) nowadays because us hobbyists are willing to pay come what may or because it really needs to be this much before it remains viable to be put into production?
one-nil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:02 PM   #225
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-nil View Post
Speaking as someone who's spent too much already i.e. much more than the amount mentioned above - don't tell the SO, and still spending too much on r/c cars...375quid is a good chunk of lolly. And to sound so flippant (apologies if your intended tone was not so, the internet is not so good at expressing such things) about it for what is essentially a toy car (OK, give it a fancy name of you choice if you want e.g. ego massager, tingly-feeling-goodness generator, momentary reality escape contraption, rolling chassis ) makes me feel shocked for some reason. Are the prices so high (and acceptable it seems) nowadays because us hobbyists are willing to pay come what may or because it really needs to be this much before it remains viable to be put into production?


More than half of what you say is jibberish. However, it sounds like you are complaining about the price of RC "toy" cars. This is not the thread for that. The point of this thread is about the Serpent 411. If you're gonna complain about the cost of things, you and the other poster can rubber stamp your complaints and post it on the Tamiya 417 thread, the XRay T3 2011 thread, and the Hot Bodies TCX thread. Or you can start your own thread complaining about the price of RCs in general.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Batu Kawan Rc Track Tongga Malaysian R/C Racers 10418 06-28-2016 11:34 PM
DRCW Raceway Chesapeake, VA // Asphalt / Indoor Off Road / Outdoor Off Road stiltskin Racing Forum 10278 11-14-2014 07:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:15 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0