R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-24-2011, 08:04 AM   #2221
Moderator
 
J.Whiting's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Posts: 4,523
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
So you can "play" with that screw depending on the grip of that track at that moment. As I understand it using the screw is lesser flex and more appropriate on track with somewhat more grip.
Not using the screw is more flex and used when grip is lower.
correct on that statement
__________________
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #2222
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,520
Default

I m racing this car on carpet right now at my local race (my 1st carpet race with this car), so far its been working perfectly. After 3 heats today I m still on top with 1 lap advantage over the 2nd place guy, also fastest lap by almost a second. Tommorrow we will have another 2 heats and then the finals. My car is almost all stock with only gear diff up front with 500k Kyosho oil, hard front arms and medium rear. I ll post the result again tommorrow and maybe a video of the race. Eversince I got this car, its been perfect whether on asphalt or carpet with all stock parts. I m loving this S411.
__________________
Dudududududuuuuuu.....
dameetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #2223
Moderator
 
J.Whiting's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Posts: 4,523
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
I m racing this car on carpet right now at my local race (my 1st carpet race with this car), so far its been working perfectly. After 3 heats today I m still on top with 1 lap advantage over the 2nd place guy, also fastest lap by almost a second. Tommorrow we will have another 2 heats and then the finals. My car is almost all stock with only gear diff up front with 500k Kyosho oil, hard front arms and medium rear. I ll post the result again tommorrow and maybe a video of the race. Eversince I got this car, its been perfect whether on asphalt or carpet with all stock parts. I m loving this S411.
+1.. just remember to run your race!!! if you have that big of a lead do not take any chances that are not needed to win the race.. good luck.. jeremy
__________________
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #2224
Tech Fanatic
 
Martin Crisp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 822
Default First practice day

Well, I had my first practice day with the S411 today. It was great out of the box. Within two batteries I was matching the lap times I would run at that track with my xray. They car is very strong as well, after a few heavy hits into the walls, as I got use to the way the car handles. I tried a few different setups mainly focusing on changing spring rates, roll centers and shock oils, in an effort to see what the car likes. I will post the setup soon.
__________________
Martin Crisp
SetupWorkbench.com | Power-Story.com | LearnSetup.com
Martin Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #2225
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

so what's the trick to getting to the motor screws if you're running an aftermarket spur gear? The spur gear blocks the rear most motor screw
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #2226
Tech Regular
 
jbenthobbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 368
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Matt, I drilled a hole in the spur gear.
__________________
AKA, KO, EAMotorsports, Redsrc. Capricorn
jbenthobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #2227
Tech Master
 
todb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Tacoma, Wa
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to todb
Default

Tc6 spurs work without a problem. Knock on wood
__________________
OVA Neo. HW, Motiv.
Orange is faster.
todb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #2228
Moderator
 
J.Whiting's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Posts: 4,523
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
so what's the trick to getting to the motor screws if you're running an aftermarket spur gear? The spur gear blocks the rear most motor screw
http://www.superiorhobbies.com/istar...d=PRS6488PL!SH

try these... or what i do is set gear mesh with one screw. take spur assembly out and tighten the other screw.. but the ones i posted a link to have nice BIG holes.... jeremy
__________________
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #2229
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Whiting View Post
http://www.superiorhobbies.com/istar...d=PRS6488PL!SH

try these... or what i do is set gear mesh with one screw. take spur assembly out and tighten the other screw.. but the ones i posted a link to have nice BIG holes.... jeremy
I tried to get ahold of these but even PRS themselves are out of stock
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #2230
Moderator
 
J.Whiting's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Posts: 4,523
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
I tried to get ahold of these but even PRS themselves are out of stock
http://www.superiorhobbies.com/istar...XENG641088!SRC

these also work fairly well.. i must have gotten lucky when i ordered mine.. jeremy
__________________
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #2231
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Whiting View Post
http://www.superiorhobbies.com/istar...XENG641088!SRC

these also work fairly well.. i must have gotten lucky when i ordered mine.. jeremy
I've got a selection of gears, I guess I'll try reaming a couple holes out to be able to get to the motor mount screw and see how that works.
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #2232
Tech Master
 
pcar951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cow Town
Posts: 1,647
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Just punched a hole in a Robinson with a body reamer...Actually did it in the car.
__________________
Jim Chapman
PM Hobbycraft | RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Reds Racing
pcar951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:42 AM   #2233
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 388
Default Geardiff Serpent S411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Crisp View Post
Well, I had my first practice day with the S411 today. It was great out of the box. Within two batteries I was matching the lap times I would run at that track with my xray. They car is very strong as well, after a few heavy hits into the walls, as I got use to the way the car handles. I tried a few different setups mainly focusing on changing spring rates, roll centers and shock oils, in an effort to see what the car likes. I will post the setup soon.

Maybe you overlooked this one, so therefore a reply as a quote.

How long run the geardiff with toothpaste?

- must that be done both ways, or is that not important?
- can one in some way feel if it is run in properly? For instance by turning it with both hands and feel how the mechanism inside moves, or so?
Kensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #2234
Tech Adept
 
jekyll08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 148
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default S411

Ok thinking of buying the s411 but there are so many updates and versions what Do I need to run on low to medium carpet and it gets real cold inside the building.running the kitty rug sweeps as a kind of control tire or that is what the hobby shop stocks and most are using. The straight is about 65-70 feet long. All the help would be greatly appreciated.
jekyll08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:20 AM   #2235
Moderator
 
J.Whiting's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Posts: 4,523
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyll08 View Post
Ok thinking of buying the s411 but there are so many updates and versions what Do I need to run on low to medium carpet and it gets real cold inside the building.running the kitty rug sweeps as a kind of control tire or that is what the hobby shop stocks and most are using. The straight is about 65-70 feet long. All the help would be greatly appreciated.
i run the s411 kit.. box stock but added the 1.2 rear sway bar... the new kits have the 2.25 chassis in them... all the current kits at desoto racing are current kits.. you will be just fine on a low to medium track.. look a few pages back i posted a video of where i race.. the car was very good for the first week out with it.. i was using sweep 32 tires also. jeremy
__________________
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Batu Kawan Rc Track Tongga Malaysian R/C Racers 10418 06-28-2016 11:34 PM
DRCW Raceway Chesapeake, VA // Asphalt / Indoor Off Road / Outdoor Off Road stiltskin Racing Forum 10278 11-14-2014 07:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:28 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0