R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-24-2011, 08:04 AM   #2221

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
So you can "play" with that screw depending on the grip of that track at that moment. As I understand it using the screw is lesser flex and more appropriate on track with somewhat more grip.
Not using the screw is more flex and used when grip is lower.
correct on that statement
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #2222
Tech Elite

I m racing this car on carpet right now at my local race (my 1st carpet race with this car), so far its been working perfectly. After 3 heats today I m still on top with 1 lap advantage over the 2nd place guy, also fastest lap by almost a second. Tommorrow we will have another 2 heats and then the finals. My car is almost all stock with only gear diff up front with 500k Kyosho oil, hard front arms and medium rear. I ll post the result again tommorrow and maybe a video of the race. Eversince I got this car, its been perfect whether on asphalt or carpet with all stock parts. I m loving this S411.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #2223

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
I m racing this car on carpet right now at my local race (my 1st carpet race with this car), so far its been working perfectly. After 3 heats today I m still on top with 1 lap advantage over the 2nd place guy, also fastest lap by almost a second. Tommorrow we will have another 2 heats and then the finals. My car is almost all stock with only gear diff up front with 500k Kyosho oil, hard front arms and medium rear. I ll post the result again tommorrow and maybe a video of the race. Eversince I got this car, its been perfect whether on asphalt or carpet with all stock parts. I m loving this S411.
+1.. just remember to run your race!!! if you have that big of a lead do not take any chances that are not needed to win the race.. good luck.. jeremy
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
Old 12-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #2224
Tech Fanatic

Default First practice day

Well, I had my first practice day with the S411 today. It was great out of the box. Within two batteries I was matching the lap times I would run at that track with my xray. They car is very strong as well, after a few heavy hits into the walls, as I got use to the way the car handles. I tried a few different setups mainly focusing on changing spring rates, roll centers and shock oils, in an effort to see what the car likes. I will post the setup soon.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #2225
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

so what's the trick to getting to the motor screws if you're running an aftermarket spur gear? The spur gear blocks the rear most motor screw
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #2226
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Matt, I drilled a hole in the spur gear.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #2227
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to todb

Tc6 spurs work without a problem. Knock on wood
Old 12-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
so what's the trick to getting to the motor screws if you're running an aftermarket spur gear? The spur gear blocks the rear most motor screw
http://www.superiorhobbies.com/istar...d=PRS6488PL!SH

try these... or what i do is set gear mesh with one screw. take spur assembly out and tighten the other screw.. but the ones i posted a link to have nice BIG holes.... jeremy
Old 12-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #2229
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Whiting View Post
http://www.superiorhobbies.com/istar...d=PRS6488PL!SH

try these... or what i do is set gear mesh with one screw. take spur assembly out and tighten the other screw.. but the ones i posted a link to have nice BIG holes.... jeremy
I tried to get ahold of these but even PRS themselves are out of stock
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 12-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #2230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
I tried to get ahold of these but even PRS themselves are out of stock
http://www.superiorhobbies.com/istar...XENG641088!SRC

these also work fairly well.. i must have gotten lucky when i ordered mine.. jeremy
Old 12-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #2231
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Whiting View Post
http://www.superiorhobbies.com/istar...XENG641088!SRC

these also work fairly well.. i must have gotten lucky when i ordered mine.. jeremy
I've got a selection of gears, I guess I'll try reaming a couple holes out to be able to get to the motor mount screw and see how that works.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 12-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #2232
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Just punched a hole in a Robinson with a body reamer...Actually did it in the car.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:42 AM   #2233
Tech Regular

Default Geardiff Serpent S411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Crisp View Post
Well, I had my first practice day with the S411 today. It was great out of the box. Within two batteries I was matching the lap times I would run at that track with my xray. They car is very strong as well, after a few heavy hits into the walls, as I got use to the way the car handles. I tried a few different setups mainly focusing on changing spring rates, roll centers and shock oils, in an effort to see what the car likes. I will post the setup soon.

Maybe you overlooked this one, so therefore a reply as a quote.

How long run the geardiff with toothpaste?

- must that be done both ways, or is that not important?
- can one in some way feel if it is run in properly? For instance by turning it with both hands and feel how the mechanism inside moves, or so?
Kensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #2234
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default S411

Ok thinking of buying the s411 but there are so many updates and versions what Do I need to run on low to medium carpet and it gets real cold inside the building.running the kitty rug sweeps as a kind of control tire or that is what the hobby shop stocks and most are using. The straight is about 65-70 feet long. All the help would be greatly appreciated.
jekyll08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 08:20 AM   #2235

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyll08 View Post
Ok thinking of buying the s411 but there are so many updates and versions what Do I need to run on low to medium carpet and it gets real cold inside the building.running the kitty rug sweeps as a kind of control tire or that is what the hobby shop stocks and most are using. The straight is about 65-70 feet long. All the help would be greatly appreciated.
i run the s411 kit.. box stock but added the 1.2 rear sway bar... the new kits have the 2.25 chassis in them... all the current kits at desoto racing are current kits.. you will be just fine on a low to medium track.. look a few pages back i posted a video of where i race.. the car was very good for the first week out with it.. i was using sweep 32 tires also. jeremy