R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #1861
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaraz View Post
where can i order the s411 le, seems like only rcmarket has a preorder, is there some in usa, or canada have these for sale i want to place an order so i can get one, thanks
Check with your dealer. They can pre-order the S411 LE from us, Serpent America, and we'll ship out the cars as soon as they arrive at our warehouse.
desotoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #1862
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desotoracing View Post
Check with your dealer. They can pre-order the S411 LE from us, Serpent America, and we'll ship out the cars as soon as they arrive at our warehouse.
Can I not pre order directly from you, as al the dealers in canada and state side, have no preorder, and not even sure how many cars they will be getting, since there are only 299 kits available for all the dealers, if i can preorder let me know how and where and i,ll pay via paypal thanks
zaraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:16 AM   #1863
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Looks like the DCJ shafts have been removed from the LE kit in favour of a second gear diff. Thanks to RAB hobbies i have mine on order and awaiting delivery

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:17 AM   #1864
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi iZzy,

I have tried the double joint bones today but found it is rubbing the c hub with close to full lock. The special bearing come with the bones kit in use but still rubbing it.

Do you guys just shave the c-hub to enlarge the space, or have I done something wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by #iZzy View Post
Hi Michael, not 100% correct You find cool videos on Youtube how a "standard" cvd works and it's a physical thing that they're rattling - it isn't an "angle" problem only...

Me, and Fischer too, always drive 100% (maximum) Steering. Everytime!

A gear diff isn't the solution, too - because a gear diff feels ways different for me. Sometimes i use a 500k Geardiff or cleaning gum Geardiff - and sometimes the Spool.

Best way to eliminate that problem is to use the Double-Joint CVDs. Then you have all ways possible, Geardiff or Spool in Front!
DanDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:31 AM   #1865
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to #iZzy Send a message via MSN to #iZzy Send a message via Yahoo to #iZzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDan View Post
Hi iZzy,

I have tried the double joint bones today but found it is rubbing the c hub with close to full lock. The special bearing come with the bones kit in use but still rubbing it.

Do you guys just shave the c-hub to enlarge the space, or have I done something wrong?
Hi !

You have to cut some Material from the inner C-Hub, but this is maximum 1mm (only on the inner side where the CVD ends) . Serpent made the Double-Joint CVDs bigger then the prototypes to make them more durable

As i know, they "edited" the plastic forms for the future about 0,5-1mm - so its only a temporary step with a dremel
Old 11-25-2011, 05:11 AM   #1866
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Many thanks,

Will try some art works sanding tomorrow.

Quote:
Hi !

You have to cut some Material from the inner C-Hub, but this is maximum 1mm (only on the inner side where the CVD ends) . Serpent made the Double-Joint CVDs bigger then the prototypes to make them more durable

As i know, they "edited" the plastic forms for the future about 0,5-1mm - so its only a temporary step with a dremel
DanDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:51 AM   #1867
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi !

i removed more material than that, only due to double shrink on them.
i had my doubts about them lasting, but i used them Friday, sat and sunday. no problems.
i think all serpent need to do is bevel the edge like they do on the other side. then it will be fine. pitty i have 4 more packets of C hubs. so i will have to dremmel them before use.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:58 AM   #1868
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
maybe i should buy the xray, as no one on this tread can tell me where i can preorder a s411 le in the states or canada, do they even have parts in north america,

You can Pre Order it from me.

pm me your phone # if you want so I can give you a call to get your information.

Sam
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #1869
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Hi Michael, not 100% correct You find cool videos on Youtube how a "standard" cvd works and it's a physical thing that they're rattling - it isn't an "angle" problem only...

Me, and Fischer too, always drive 100% (maximum) Steering. Everytime!

A gear diff isn't the solution, too - because a gear diff feels ways different for me. Sometimes i use a 500k Geardiff or cleaning gum Geardiff - and sometimes the Spool.

Best way to eliminate that problem is to use the Double-Joint CVDs. Then you have all ways possible, Geardiff or Spool in Front!
Well, it's correct enough to be true in this context. No matter what other physics behind or involved, a CVD WILL run unsmooth at a certain angle, resulting in unpleasant effects.
What the DJC is really doing is cutting the angle in half, postponing the problem.

(By the way: Why does the DJC solve the rattling problem, if the problem is not related to the huge angling of the joint, as you stated above? Please explain.)

I also have 100% steering rate on, but I seldom use all of it. 100% steering angle is only useful in really tight sections, where speed is low and rattling negligible.

Yes, gear diff in the front gives the car another character, I haven't said anything else. It works on every track for me though, with same oil. It makes the car flow through the turn, instead of hacking it's way through. I like it.

/Michael
Old 11-25-2011, 11:45 AM   #1870
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Have any of you guys found a 6 deg caster block that will work with this car? I have played with kickup in the front to try and get the same effect but I don't think it's the same... Also, have any of you played with using the different top decks (2mm, 2.5mm) with the 2.25 lower chassis to see what it does....or even cutting the top deck to get more flex. My car is good right now but I need to find more corner speed....
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #1871
Tech Adept

found the 6 degree C-hub in stormer, no image
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=SER401425
minilantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #1872
Tech Apprentice

I'm in Canada (toronto) and ended up buying from HK. No Serpent dealers locally here... Shipping was quick. I ordered Monday and by Friday car/parts were delivered.

Quote:
maybe i should buy the xray, as no one on this tread can tell me where i can preorder a s411 le in the states or canada, do they even have parts in north america,
www.drcrc.ca
www.fastcats.ca
Jinjiro7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #1873
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

just curious has serpent fixed the problems with the limited edition, that are mentioned in the thread, also do they have a carbon fibre front bumper stay instead of the plastic, thanks
zaraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:48 PM   #1874
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
just curious has serpent fixed the problems with the limited edition, that are mentioned in the thread, also do they have a carbon fibre front bumper stay instead of the plastic, thanks
What problems are you referring to?

Curious as to why you would want a carbon front stay? The plastic is just fine... If anything a little more forgiving in a crash.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #1875
Tech Adept

Is it about the un-anodized rear suspension?
you should look at serpent's web
minilantern is offline   Reply With Quote