Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

can I use the s733 front bumper to replace the stock?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minilantern
can I use the s733 front bumper to replace the stock?
no cause its 2 piece bumper
, there is nothing wrong with the 411 bumper. i have had some real big hits, and its survived really well
Old 11-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

I used Parma bumper and cut it a little wider to better protect the front end suspension.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
, there is nothing wrong with the 411 bumper. i have had some real big hits, and its survived really well
yea, nothing is wrong. just want to know if I can interchange the bumper plate and use the 733's two piece bumper.
love the split design
Old 11-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
Yes the gap is there even if it sits flat on the Hudy blocs,, thats where I noticed it in the first place.

Checked mine last night and have nowhere near that much of a gap, virtually none at all. Maybe check that the standoffs for the idler gear assembly doesn't have a screw in the bottom thats pushing the assembly up. Try flipping your top deck over just to see if you get the same gap. Maybe the top deck is the bent piece?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Chassis mod pics....took from my phone's camera, the white film is chassis protector. If my 2.25mm chassis arrive this week maybe I ll try it stock first and if it doesn't work I mod it like this too. At least this cut really worked at my local track (parking lot asphalt, low - med grip).

Note: On the upper deck, I only use 4 rear screws and at the front only 2 screws.
Are these cuts to mimic the front design of the car or are they more or less deeper that that?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
I run the stock foam bumper and stock plastics, but I have trimmed off that built in buffer zone on the lower plastic part. Seems like its just something waiting to bend down and drag when you don"t want it to. Looks cleaner to me this way as well.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I run the stock foam bumper and stock plastics, but I have trimmed off that built in buffer zone on the lower plastic part. Seems like its just something waiting to bend down and drag when you don"t want it to. Looks cleaner to me this way as well.
Eerily accurate prediction. Behold:

Attachment 832268

Last edited by gwhiz; 11-27-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:18 AM
Tech Adept

I want to buy the brass weight
but it is too tall I think
would it be okay or should I use the aftermarket lead weight?
Old 11-11-2011, 03:26 AM
Tech Adept

Mine also bent down after a bigger crash, but after cutting out the most outer "connectors" it jumped back to the original shape and I don't have any problems since that.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:45 AM
Tech Elite

Checked mine last night and have nowhere near that much of a gap, virtually none at all. Maybe check that the standoffs for the idler gear assembly doesn't have a screw in the bottom thats pushing the assembly up. Try flipping your top deck over just to see if you get the same gap. Maybe the top deck is the bent piece?
I solved it already, apparently the spur gear bearing holder's alum case (the one that screws to the mid block mount) is a tad taller than the block, causing the upperdeck to bend a bit. I shaved it up a bit and now the upperdeck sits flush on the motor mount block.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Are these cuts to mimic the front design of the car or are they more or less deeper that that?
I did that to get more flex at the rear, which really work at my local track. But yesterday and today I tested my new 2.25mm (stock no cut), it worked exactly like my modded 2.5mm chassis. The rear end is super planted now, the on power problem that I had earlier has gone completely, I m very happy with this car, steering is aggressive and the rear is still planted.

BTW I also mod the servo plate to accept a servo saver (I m using Xray's) , I dremel the carbon plate a bit, just enough to fit the saver. So far its working very well. I just like the assurance of using the servo saver compare to not using it.

Any of you guys have used the delrin spool cup? Mine just broke after 2 runs yesterday. When I use it, the vibration when having steering input (spool) reduced a bit, which I like, but durability is not that good. Now I m back to the stock steel cup, hopefully I can get the DCJ soon.

This Sunday will be my first race with this car, hopefully everything will be ok.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:07 AM
Tech Adept

I solved it already, apparently the spur gear bearing holder's alum case (the one that screws to the mid block mount) is a tad taller than the block, causing the upperdeck to bend a bit. I shaved it up a bit and now the upperdeck sits flush on the motor mount block.
So, you read my post ? ... Seems that some others here haven't read it... but i gave already the solution
Old 11-11-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by #iZzy
So, you read my post ? ... Seems that some others here haven't read it... but i gave already the solution
Yes i did, thanks for the tip mate
Old 11-11-2011, 06:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

I meant "lower bumper". ( Curse you iphone kyb)

Lol that happened to my power bumper as well.

Originally Posted by gwhiz
Eerily accurate prediction. Behold:

Attachment 832268

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.