Finished building it today and sort of mini tested it at the track before dark. First impression, as most of you guys found out, very tail happy on power out of corners. I didn't expect it to be that bad and I m really worried now, I know I will work it out and hopefully can get rid of it by end of this weekend coz I ll have a race this Sunday.
1. I was using basic asphalt set up (not the kit set up) that I found on petit r/c, with the exception of ride height, I was using 7mm at the rear and 6.5mm at the front (our track is very bumpy and I m also trying to save the chassis from scrapping). Now, with the usual droop of 6mm at the front and 5mm at the rear (from set up sheet) how much of chassis lift value is it actually? I just want to transfer the value with my current ride height setting.
2. My car I think is a V1, came with 2.5mm low deck and no spur gear. When I finish building it I felt the car is too stiff (compare to my other previous cars). Is this one of the reason its very tail happy on power? I have ordered the 2.25mm chassis and should be here by early next week. Having said this anybody has experimented cutting maybe some holes especially at the rear (maybe behind the motor and the batt? kind of like BD5's chassis) or will removing some top deck screws (rear)provide some flex and improve the rear grip.
3. Can you guys list me a step by step on what to do next to improve the rear grip on power. So far what I m thinking of doing are:
-to remove both the rear 1mm bracket shims
-set the front droop to get more on power weight transfer to the rear (pls provide me chassis lift value)
- softer rear spring ( I have White springs on order as well as some HPI springs which usually work with all my previous cars)
- maybe trying a thicker diff oil coz I think it unloaded easily during cornering and make the car look like it did not want to straighten up.
- wait for my 2.25mm chassis and hopefully it will improve the handling drastically.
FYI I tested my car using Much More 36 tyres with 7.5t motor mildly boosted. My local track is parking lot asphalt with medium grip.