R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #1546
Tech Regular

Reading about this loose rear 'on power' everyone seems to be making the rear harder, I thought I would need to go softer at the rear and add more droop at the front (lower number on gauge) to get more grip out of the corners ? am I wrong ? mine was very unstable when you put the power down out of the corner, it would try a slap about all over the place until it gripped or it was better if I was alot slower adding throttle.
S.A.W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #1547
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)

this car is doing my head in with the array of 'options parts'.

There are Medium & Hard arms. There are also the original arms from the very first kits, and according to the manual part# they are neither medium or hard.

So what exactly are the original arms from the first gen kits?

having said that, I would think the hardness of the arms to play an insignificant role in handling discrepancies, although I could be wrong!
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #1548
Tech Adept

Hello SAW,

I think the changes you made are not really effective to solve your problem. If I were I in your shoes (I was ) I would go for longer rear wheelbase (4mm in front of the rear arms), and use 4 gears with 1000cst oil in the diff. Please check if your crown gear is not moving too much on the diff outdrive when the screw is fully tightened. Also use the 3.5 rear toe block if you have.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.W View Post
Reading about this loose rear 'on power' everyone seems to be making the rear harder, I thought I would need to go softer at the rear and add more droop at the front (lower number on gauge) to get more grip out of the corners ? am I wrong ? mine was very unstable when you put the power down out of the corner, it would try a slap about all over the place until it gripped or it was better if I was alot slower adding throttle.
Gergely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #1549
Tech Adept

Quote:
well what i tought that made the biggest impact to lock up the rear end on-power out of corner was the 3,5 toe in block at rear, 1,2 sway bar at rear and extend the WB by 1mm shim at rear , i can nail it out of corner without the rear end over rotating ohh and i'm running the 2,25mm chassis and top plate.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #1550
Tech Regular

Thanks both, I have the 3.5 bracket on order and roll bars. I was running 5mm rear wheelbase but I've now put it to 4mm to try next time. I'm also running the 2.25mm chassis with the standard top deck.

I'll try the 2000 oil in the geardiff again with two gears, although I do think it was slightly better with 1200 in, still with 2 gears.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #1551
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsand View Post
Nice to see that you like the S411, as you are sort of guilty for me getting the it When I first saw your car and had a look at it, I put high up on my wish list (even above the T3'12 that I was considering). I liked the "simplicity" of the steering rack/ Ackerman and the separate suspension blocks both front and rear, much like what I am used to on my buggies!

I actually managed to build and set up the car (built in about 7 hrs start to end) and was actually on my way over to the track to test it last Wednesday when I got the call, and had to turn around and rush of for work. It will be about a week more before I get the chance to give it a go on the track.

Where did you get the Hara or MR33 spring from (rcmarket, tonisport etc)?
You should not by any chance have a set-up sheet ready with your last findings, as it seems to be a good starting point for our track?
Hey, Ronny well we are brother's in cars ain't we LOL So you have time to write a littel bit in here while you out the at the sea Well i got the springs from Japan because rcmarket was out of stock on some of the Ride/MR33 springs when i was going to order. But i have an extra round of All springs so you could borrow them and see if you like the feeling of the springs before you put in an order of them my setup is what i wrote down on page 102. but i'm going to play more with the camber linkages and shock oil/ piston setup from now on
Old 11-01-2011, 12:35 PM   #1552
Tech Adept

Quote:
Thanks both, I have the 3.5 bracket on order and roll bars. I was running 5mm rear wheelbase but I've now put it to 4mm to try next time. I'm also running the 2.25mm chassis with the standard top deck.

I'll try the 2000 oil in the geardiff again with two gears, although I do think it was slightly better with 1200 in, still with 2 gears.
Let us know how it goes S.A.W to bad if you don't get the best out of this beutiful car. do you run modified or stock? and what kind of rubber do you run?
Old 11-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #1553
Tech Regular

13.5t boosted and normally Sorex 32's
Old 11-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #1554
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
this car is doing my head in with the array of 'options parts'.

There are Medium & Hard arms. There are also the original arms from the very first kits, and according to the manual part# they are neither medium or hard.

So what exactly are the original arms from the first gen kits?

having said that, I would think the hardness of the arms to play an insignificant role in handling discrepancies, although I could be wrong!
Medium is the new stock on the new updated kit's if i'm not to wrong, but i think hard is better if you know when and how to use it as an advantage or just try it and you are one more thing richer in knowledge But i have read this Danish guy in here has tried it
Old 11-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #1555
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjiro7 View Post
So any feedback from guys that have tried the Delrin spool outdrive?

This part: 401428 Driveshaft adaptor delrin

How is the wear on the plastic?
i have some of these sitting here too, what are these supposed to do different than the regular outdrives? are they just supposed to wear so the driveshafts don't take the abuse or does it give better or smoother turning/performance?
LOW ET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #1556
Tech Adept

Quote:
13.5t boosted and normally Sorex 32's
Have you tried Sorex 28's or Nosram/lrp 27x? they give a lot more grip specially on low/med grip carpet wich you are running on. Are you guy's running Sorex 32 as spec or drive what you wan't?
Old 11-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #1557
Tech Adept

I had better initial traction (=just when you hit the throttle) with 4 gears and thinner oil, so the car did not start the acceleration with a step-out on the rear.

Quote:
Gergely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #1558
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Elli View Post
Have you tried Sorex 28's or Nosram/lrp 27x? they give a lot more grip specially on low/med grip carpet wich you are running on. Are you guy's running Sorex 32 as spec or drive what you wan't?
I'm running on asphalt.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #1559
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
i have some of these sitting here too, what are these supposed to do different than the regular outdrives? are they just supposed to wear so the driveshafts don't take the abuse or does it give better or smoother turning/performance?
Hey, I saw you are listed in Cleveland but don't remember seeing any Serpents at The Gate. Where do you race?
Old 11-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #1560
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Hey, I saw you are listed in Cleveland but don't remember seeing any Serpents at The Gate. Where do you race?
you have a pm
LOW ET is online now   Reply With Quote