R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-26-2011, 07:25 AM   #1486
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtaiji View Post
401366 middle shaft alu

Mine is brown color. Is this spring-steel??
Try with some magnetic tool like a screwdriver. Magnet will stick to steel, but not to aluminum.
valtsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #1487
Tech Apprentice

This is a great observation. When I first got the car back in July, I did use X12 13.5 boosted Tekin RS. With Kit setup and 2000 diff oil rear-end very loose. I ended up stretching the rear wheelbase to 5mm. But still used orange/yellow spring combo. Car still had plenty of steering.

Then I switched to mod 6.5T with no boost/turbo, just used gearing to get my speed and car was a lot smoother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDan View Post
Hi hi,

Just my 2 cents...

I notices most of the 13.5T + super boost/turbo drivers might found unsettle rear end, and it is all due to lack of smoothness of throttle control from the speedy.

If lengthen wheelbase + 2000cst rear diff oil without help, I would suggest simply just tune down the turbo/boost settings, turn OFF or lower the drag brake, monitor your motor temp and keep gearing up to accomplish the top speed that you miss. Don't be afraid as your car might LOOK/Feel slower than other competitors, keep driving with smooth throttle, check your lap time and see what happen. Once you have done it you will love the steering from this car kit.
www.drcrc.ca
www.fastcats.ca
Jinjiro7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:30 AM   #1488
Tech Apprentice

I agree,

this summer I tested the Snake on parking lot track with sugar water, med grip 30-35C track temps. We used Sorex 32 as well a Muchmore 32.

Orange/White & Yellow/White spring did not work well for me. White was too soft as we have some bumps on the track. So I stuck with the Orange/Yellows. I did try other spring combos like Tamiya white/blue, AE springs etc...FOR MY track Orange/Yellow was the ticket on tarmac.

You have to tune to your track.

Right now it's indoor season up here in Toronto. So using that excellent Rasmus Carpet setup! Only change I made was to try the 1200 kit oil on the diff. The carpet track that we run on is very small only 2 rolls carpet so far, more on order No big deal to change oil though, the Snake is great that way. But the car has been running great, very good rotation.

Do any of you guys find that the bottom shock screws are getting loose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
it all has to do with your track, class you run, tyres you run. the way you drive, etc. no one is right or wrong. but everyone races on a different track. so setups will never be the same. close at times, but not the same.
www.drcrc.ca
www.fastcats.ca
Jinjiro7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #1489
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDK View Post
Hi Dameetz.

You must not have anything - just buy the kit. You will love the car.

If you look in the tarmarc set ups, you will find, that many use the 2,25 mm chassis. It is not a must, but maybee a nice thing to have. The same with the wishbones, uprights and C-hubs. Maybee nice to have the hard ones, but really need them? No.

Order the car. Built it. Find a setup whit a simillar track condition like yours. Then drive the car, and you will smile...

Spareparts? We have driven the car for about 60-70 batteries now. Only indoor - mostly on a small track and mostly with modified motor.

Nothing broken except of one wishbone, because two guys in their stupidnes tried to drive very fast (mod) and very close - then a crash in the corner, because of misunderstanding. The wishbone didn't brake, only the screw hole for the damper was broken in the wishbone. Can still use the wishbone, but have to use the inner hole then. Nothing else is broken. Everything are still in super condition.

If I were you, and I had no other Serpert S411 driver near by, I would order the kit, a set of the hard or medium wishbones, C-hub and steering blocks. Things, that can brake in a havy crash. Then I would drive the car and find out, what I need for my type of driving.

Again - I'm sure, you will love the car.

Regards
Bjarne
Thanks for the input Bjarnel, yes I m going to get this kit this week. Can't wait to build and test it. One more thing, do the HPI springs fit the shocks? This springs have been working really good on my previous cars at my local track.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #1490
Tech Adept

Info for those who wonder, Xenon TC VSS spurgear fits the car))) ordered one just to see if it fitted or not
Old 10-26-2011, 11:11 AM   #1491
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
Thanks for the input Bjarnel, yes I m going to get this kit this week. Can't wait to build and test it. One more thing, do the HPI springs fit the shocks? This springs have been working really good on my previous cars at my local track.
Hpi springs fit.
valtsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #1492
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by valtsu23 View Post
Try with some magnetic tool like a screwdriver. Magnet will stick to steel, but not to aluminum.
Wow, that's really good idea!!! Thanks!!!
xtaiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #1493
Tech Adept

Well today i had my first real indoor testing evening, it's really responding great to setup input. Has anyone tried the 2 hole shockpistons for indoor carpet?
Old 10-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #1494
Tech Fanatic

Can someone confirm to me that in dif gear there is only one shaft and two bevel gears used rather than the 4 usually seen?

And the reason why behind it if it is.

Thank you

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #1495
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986 View Post
Can someone confirm to me that in dif gear there is only one shaft and two bevel gears used rather than the 4 usually seen?

Thank you
this is true.

less rotating weight.
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #1496
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986 View Post

Thank you
2 gears one shaft in kit form, 4 gears not needed but oil thickness changes when going from 2 to 4, 2 seems to prefer a lighter oil on carpet.

Take note when building the car, if you run your belts loose, camfer the edge of the top deck where the idle pulleys are, especially the short belt as it will rub the deck when the belt whips under acceleration.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #1497
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i was wondering why i was loosing the top cover on the rear belt i new it ran close but never thought to do smooth the deck
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #1498
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft View Post
i was wondering why i was loosing the top cover on the rear belt i new it ran close but never thought to do smooth the deck
one of the first things i did to my top deck. so close a small rock would do too much damage.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:55 AM   #1499
Tech Fanatic

Thank you for clarification.

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:06 AM   #1500
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft View Post
Depending on the height of the rear suspension blocks (the inner one) there could be some rubbing there as well. I noticed that during a rebuild when I was using 1.5 mm spacers on the rear blocks with a looser rear belt setting there was some belt rubbing as well.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote