R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   evo 4 v Tc3 v pro 4 v yokomo (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/47665-evo-4-v-tc3-v-pro-4-v-yokomo.html)

wolfracing 08-13-2004 08:55 PM

evo 4 v Tc3 v pro 4 v yokomo

Just wanting to know what the best shaft drive tourer out of these are. Reasons ect. Or the best shaft drive is.
Cheers Matt

Nrctc3 08-13-2004 09:06 PM

:flaming: Here we go again!

Everyone knows Xray beats them all!

wolfracing 08-13-2004 09:26 PM

Yeah cool, but I'm after a shaft drive, sick of !@$!$#% belts.

The Black Kat 08-13-2004 09:29 PM

Originally posted by Nrctc3

Agreed....XRAY M18...best tourer in its class ;)

wagonman72 08-13-2004 10:21 PM

That's not what the ROAR nats proved, GO Atsushi.

Tek Nickal 08-13-2004 10:48 PM

Masami can win with his CGM, you can too! :lol:

Really, you won't go wrong with any of those cars.

414play 08-13-2004 11:08 PM

just pick the one you think looks the coolest.:)

wolfracing 08-13-2004 11:10 PM

I was originally thinking of a pro 4 but a few dudes in our club have them and seem to be having some diff trouble, the diffs look kinda weak, although the car is very quick, seem alot faster than my mission 1 , all with Novak ss 5800.
But lately thinking of the Evo 4, looks nice but dont know much about it. Been looking on the tread but cant find an overall analasys of the evo 4.
Mabee the devil you know is best? Pro 4 Kinda expensive in Australia though.

Wency_TA03R-PRO 08-14-2004 01:52 AM

yeah!! here we go again.. for me better go with the FT TC3 not much expensive in terms of budget competitive to the said brand models.. better customer support and lots of affordable hop up parts that you like.. very easy to set-up....

:nod: :tire: :cool:

Nrctc3 08-14-2004 05:49 AM

I use to run the TC3, I switched to Xray and what a difference it was! So much steering, it's balanced. It's what you need if you wanna race!

azenis 08-14-2004 05:57 AM

Hey Wolf
Go the pro4 you know you want it

As soon as you get the tamiya it will be replaced by another model anyhow. Parts support is pretty ordinary for them at least in aus too...
No probs with the Pro4 diff if you build it right in the first place and there is a $3 fix for that anyhow, and they also have new gears that are stronger (v1.1 gears) also helps to boil them.

Are we going to kingston tomorrow??

Nella-Nobrob 08-14-2004 06:05 AM

Those cars mentioned are all very competetive. What is important is the car set-up to ur driving style. The most important also is the availability of the spare parts support within ur community. I have both FT TC3 and EVO-3 SE and consistently on podium finish in our club races.

azenis 08-14-2004 06:12 AM

Get the Pro4

This is a good point too Wolf. You saw the guy from up north selling that XRAY at the last race meeting, ask how he has faired for spare parts...

And another thing that swayed me to the Pro4 was the fact that if I bought one I wasnt going to be the only one at the track with one of the cars... at least if you get the HPI or Yokomo you would have some support from Scott, Beggsy, Rocket and myself, get the TC3 or the EVO4 and you will be on your own pretty much...

Chazz 08-14-2004 06:23 AM

Xray T1R, it's cheap but amazing quality :nod: and if you want to sell it you haven't really lost much if you compare it to a tamiya evo 4

Chazz

kewdawg 08-19-2004 08:10 AM

I use to run the TC3, I switched to Xray and what a difference it was! So much steering, it's balanced. It's what you need if you wanna race!
Maybe you didn't read the first post, or the title?! :weird: :confused: The best SHAFT DRIVE car is what's in question, not belt or tourer.:rolleyes: