Community
Wiki Posts
Search

evo 4 v Tc3 v pro 4 v yokomo

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default tb evo 4

the evo iv seems fast but lacks in consistency. but then again what are you looking for? fast or consistent. the new suspension arms offer greater advantage. i am also in conflict between trf 415 and tb evo iv. the both cost the same here in indonesia but from my previous run in with tb evo 3 sl. shaft isnt looking so good. just last week i opted to use my trusted trouble free trf 414 for the nationals in indonesia just because i didnt feel like changing gears after every heat but i had to sacrifice the edge that i get when using shaft drive
Old 08-19-2004, 01:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

in all your opinions, would you recommend Pro4 or XRAY T1 FACTORY KIT?

in terms of spare parts, which has the better support?
Old 08-19-2004, 01:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

these threads are funny...

what tastes better guys? coors, miller or budweiser?
grey goose or absolut?

in all seriousness.. different cars will have different parts support depending on your location. here in socal, support for HPI and X-Ray is growing exponentially. so these cars are getting very popular. and there is still the steady followers for TC3s, XXX-s, Tamiya 415s, EvoIVs.. etc. so your best bet is to visit your local track, LHS..and see what they have the most of. of course you can get any car if your willing to order from japan, or speedtechrc.

the real important question is... Hillary Duff or Lindsey Lohan?
Old 08-19-2004, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

The real question is what does your local hobby shop support?
Old 08-19-2004, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by bigbubble
in all your opinions, would you recommend Pro4 or XRAY T1 FACTORY KIT?

in terms of spare parts, which has the better support?
bigbubble,
there's already a thread that's dominated by the Pro4 vs. Xray FT debate. Let's leave it there, please. You can find it in the in the electric on-road threads. You may have to go back a few pages. You'll get all your Pro4 vs. Xray FT questions answered. Somehow, I'm not surprised someone asked this question. In the other thread, the person who started the thread, left the question open-ended and it turned into a crusade for my car / brand. I was hoping we could stick to the question asked, this time around. What's the best shaft-drive car: TC3, Yokomo SD, Pro 4, Baracuda R2 / R3, etc.?
I'm really curious what the owners of these cars have to say. I own 2 of them already and I can tell you, the Pro 4 is leagues above the TC3. Better drivetrain (which you don't have to Dremel-out to free up), more tuning options (such as the suspension blocks, shims for the camber links, Ackerman settings, etc.). The Pro4 is DEFINITELY more durable. A lot lighter in weight and stiff for capet racing. The little issues with stripping gears and parts availability no longer exist. Hpi is on top of the Pro4, adding optional parts all the time (suspension mounts, lower & upper chassis', shock springs, etc.). I still like the TC3 but buying brand new, I'd go with the Pro4. For a couple of dollars extra, you can get the Pro4 and a lot more.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Check the new issue of Xtreme RC magazzin. They have a shaft car shoot out between the Pro 4, Yok CGM, TC3 factory, and Alex. Next issue will be belt cars, then the following a overall between the winners of the shaft and belt cars. Interesting reading.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:18 AM

i'm still waiting for the answer from last one of these thread, come on guys which is better the reach around or the reach though method or do you just give it a good shakin till it drops off clean.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Are any of you so good that the car is actually holding you back?

That would be cool if there was an RC camp like they have for other hobbies & sports where you could learn how to drive.

Personally I suck so I pick the most reliable car with the most support: TC3.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by edseb
Check the new issue of Xtreme RC magazzin. They have a shaft car shoot out between the Pro 4, Yok CGM, TC3 factory, and Alex. Next issue will be belt cars, then the following a overall between the winners of the shaft and belt cars. Interesting reading.
Perfect timing! Excellent!!!
Old 08-23-2004, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by donoman
Are any of you so good that the car is actually holding you back?

That would be cool if there was an RC camp like they have for other hobbies & sports where you could learn how to drive.

Personally I suck so I pick the most reliable car with the most support: TC3.
Hope you have good dremel skills and a knack for replacing suspension parts? Oh yeah and if, you plan on being fast, you'd better be good at driving on the edge!

Last edited by kewdawg; 08-23-2004 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

To be honest, I would recommend the TC3 to anyone new to the hobby. I think its the easiest touring car to learn on. Parts are easy to get and you can get plenty of help tuning the car.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by kewdawg
To be honest, I would recommend the TC3 to anyone new to the hobby. I think its the easiest touring car to learn on. Parts are easy to get and you can get plenty of help tuning the car.
Just make sure you have at least 10 spare front suspension arms.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

Or have the brains to buy a wide bumper instead of buying 10 front suspension arms....
Old 08-23-2004, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Ok, I get the picture guys, I know we all have our favorite cars, Mine is a s14 Nissan 200sx with the ledgendary SR20 det eng....
So , Im thinking the tc3 is out! weak and not finished from the factory very well, really for me it's between the evo4 and the pro 4 . There are some at our club, theyre fast but the gear box sounds like its from a 1950's school bus.
I dont care for belts...nothin but headaches so the xray is out. If I wanted another belt driven car I would definetely get an xray, no doubt.
So lets see ..... EVO 4 or PRO 4, what ever it is it's got a 4 in it.

Wolf
Old 08-23-2004, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

Default just get the pro4

just get the pro4 you know you want it it is a better car and you wont be buying wheel bearings every week and you will have local support and i have easily fixed my gear issue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.