Search

lots of money = champion??

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 11:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally posted by GundamWZero
Nah dude not jealous, I had Tramadol in my system, its like Valium. Mix Valium and pretty colors and POW!!!!!!!!!

the ultimate head rush for me.
RIGHT ON!!
YO DUDE...you sharing?

- JaYbEe
Old 08-16-2004, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

HECK NO!!!!!!!!

mines......all mines...........
Old 08-16-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Angry

Originally posted by GundamWZero
HECK NO!!!!!!!!

mines......all mines...........
Old 08-17-2004, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Can "top" pros blame their equipment? Or is it simply a bad day?
Old 08-17-2004, 05:20 AM
Tech Rookie

well guys, I started this thread because before this I was driving a GP, and from my experience in GP, it is good to have the most powerful engines, best controller, but you still can be competative even without them, I have won an outlaw class club race at my place by using a std servos with mid range gun controller, and a 2 years old engines which was tuned rich and was not the latest engines, even there was others who is only using 3 port engines TQ an outlaw race dominated by the 5 porter..

so after hearing that equipment does have an effect to win a race in EP, makes me demotivated a bit, I thought I would be more competative in EP especially in stock class since the motors were controlled to stock, but I guess it is not the way it goes, there are other factors which also related to the equipment used to make you a champ in EP..
Old 08-17-2004, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Whatever you are in - MONEY TALKS. Ask any politician ?

I don't think EP is any more money sensitive than GP. Having been involved with both, if anything I think GP is the most money sensitive, especially if you are comparing the best of both, that is TC in EP and 1/8th On Road in GP.

You can buy a complete EP car - a competitive one - with competitive radio gear for the price of a good 1/8 IC engine alone, and I know which one you'll need to replace quickest too.

Yes, money talks in everything. It does help one's performance but it doesn't necessarily make you awinner. It is one of the necessary ingredients. I have seen guys blow money like it's going out of fashion and still can't win whereas there are others on a very limited budget that win.

At the end of the day the thumbs prevail. They go a longer way than the wallet.........thank goodness.

On a final note, most of the guys that write here complaining about how much they spend are just doing so to bluff to us all about how much they spend, and how rich they are to afford it.

The best racer is the one that can win on a small budget.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Default Like my dad always used to say.....

"A poor workman always blames his tools."

So yeah money helps that's why I buy the best I can afford at the start and if/when I don't win I never go "if only" about my gear. And I hope I made the right initial choices because I gotta live with them.

So lots of money = champion...No!

Lots of money spent on the right choices = yes IF you learn to live with them and make the most of what you got.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, it's going to take money to win or lots of free track time....

Let's face it, especially where the cost of living is higher... Tracks are going to charge you plenty to practice and plenty to race... The hobby shop who runs 1/5th around here charges $25 to run on their portable track run in a RR parking lot...

I understand there are kids out there with limited income, I was one too... Now I'm an adult with limited income... Mortgage, food, insurance, car payements, stuff for my kids... The list goes on... After I pay everything I probably have $25 a week to spend on RC's... (I do have other hobbies and things to do also...)

Being an adult who has been in this hobby since the 70's I have all the top of the line stuff and all the toys... But that's because I learned long ago that if I'm going to make a purchase I'm going to get exactly what I want... I've had many years to accumulate my stuff... Do I take my lathe, dyno or whatever other nonsense I own to the track, no.... Do I really need to show off that I have the top of the line toys? Not really....

I myself had a rude awakening this year... I stopped racing in 1990 and back then I raced ST's... This year I decided to go back to racing and went TC's... I never made less than 3rd in the A main when I was younger and now I was happy for the B main... So, although I have the good stuff, it does me no good... But TC's are very new to me and who has more time to practice the 14 year old's who whipped my butt or me who has a home and family to take care of???

It's all in the driver... But it takes time and money to get to that point... Even practicing 1 day a week around here will cost you $15-25 a day.... Unfortunately we can't roll out ozite and practice anywhere... Wish someone would build an asphault track around here, parking lots are free....
Old 09-28-2004, 03:11 AM
Tech Champion

lots of money = champion

Well, imo, depend on the class you will enter. If you race modified, then lots of money = champion it's true. ( I assume you are good driver with good setup just like the other racer ). Expensive stuffs will make you run faster, lighter, and longer run times.

If you race stock, then lots of money won't guarateed you champion. Excellent driving skill is the most important factor to guarantee podium place. For examples: the way you take corners, bypass other in corner, slow in fast out, tacking - in, etc.

Once I had race experience in TCS. My mini warrior is fully equiped with stuffs such as 3PK, LRP QC2, titanium screws, full of tamiya hop up options, matched GP 3300, CE 35 GFX charger, etc. But I could only get 3rd, while the 1st winner use Tekin BC112A, normal stick pack GP3300, Novak Cyclone and old FM transmitter. But he has superb driving skill, I have to admit it. I can't beat him in corners, this guy really push... and push.... his car until I finally give up So cool.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:28 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No way money makes champion! Money will only help you reach a level faster than "normal".
If you are lucky enough to have money and can spend them on RC you should make the right choices on the gear. The best esc will not make you faster, a better setup will!! So, in my opinion, apart from having good gear, is practice, practice and practice!

One thing to have in mind. At the recent Euro's in Sweden, Juho Levanen - Team Associated, Reedy, LRP and some more that I don't know - (the guy who won the last 2 years the title) couldn't follow the fast guys and finished 40-50th. Do you know why, it wasn't lack of good gear, but it was lack of practice for 6 months since he had to join his country army!!!

That for sure means that money doesn't help you become champion. Instead of buying the "best" esc spend the money to practice!!

That's my thought!

Nick
Old 09-28-2004, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No money doesnt make you a champion but it gives you an advantage in that it gives you the potential to be a lot faster than what you are.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Its better to augment skill with equipment but never good to use equipment to make up for lack of skill.

Remember, even if you have the best equipment, is it a crutch for you, or a springboard for you to reach new heights.

Besides, it gives me more of a kick to win by skill rather than equipment.

That said, money spent on equipment may make a good racer great but won't make a mediocre racer good.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:50 AM
Tech Champion

Do you want to bet ?

We use same car, same motor (8T), same setup, same tires, same body EXCEPT: speedo, battery, charger system, transmitter and gear ratio ( assuming I have the expensive stuffs ).

I'm sure I can win over you unless if you can drive like masami or surikarn
Old 09-28-2004, 04:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

if he can drive like hara your toast just like any1 who dares to chalenge the mighty hara
Old 09-28-2004, 04:35 AM
Tech Champion

pink pac man: do you know good rc stores located in melbourne?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.