Novak GTX

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 06:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

just experimenting with the hans moleman thing.........im changin it right now
Old 01-17-2005, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default mode switch

has anyone ever had a problem with the mode switch losing tension. i was racing this weekend with a brand new gtx, and in the main the mode set switch lost it's spring tension sending the car into default mode??? i removed the esc and can see that the switch is now loose inside. i have not taken it apart because i really dont like playing around with insides of esc's. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanx

rudy
Old 01-17-2005, 08:05 AM
The Evicerator

Rudy,

I would recommend just sending it in to us here to get it looked at. You can use the form on on the link below and send it in along with your ESC along with a brief description of the problem and the chain of events leading up to the problem.

http://www.teamnovak.com/Download/servc_idx.htm
Old 01-17-2005, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Evicerator
Rudy,

I would recommend just sending it in to us here to get it looked at. You can use the form on on the link below and send it in along with your ESC along with a brief description of the problem and the chain of events leading up to the problem.

http://www.teamnovak.com/Download/servc_idx.htm
thanx Mr Weiss, you should see the esc in fed-ex tommorow, with a breif desc. of chain of events.

thanx

rudy
Old 01-27-2005, 12:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default c shaped things?

lol....does any1 know wat the little c shaped orange things that come with the gtx are for??????
Old 01-27-2005, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Arrow

I think they are for mounting the on/off switch. but not sure.

What is the prefered wire length for the power cap wires ???. Mine are rooted allready and gonna have to change them. Also what thickness ?? 14g ??
Old 01-27-2005, 01:16 AM
Tech Master

They hold the switch to the input plug. Its better to use double side tape because the c clip tend to pop off in a crash. I guess thats way there are two included.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

yeah i wasnt gonna use em....just wanted to know wat they r 4
Old 01-28-2005, 03:41 PM
FRP
Tech Adept

i've got a GTX and was working great. During a race I got hit and the case of the GTX got ripped off. After I put it back and turn on the switch the esc is not functioning. I do get steering but ESC just not working, what's wrong?
Old 01-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

man that sux big time......i have no idea wat couldhave happned?
Old 01-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Arrow FRP

Originally posted by FRP
i've got a GTX and was working great. During a race I got hit and the case of the GTX got ripped off. After I put it back and turn on the switch the esc is not functioning. I do get steering but ESC just not working, what's wrong?
that is just crap luck . Anyhow, to have it looked at by novak it will cost you an arm and two legs, and they will say it will be cheaper to buy a remanufactured one.($48US)normal one ($115) It most probably has a dry joint where a solder has become loose or something. I would suggest looking for an ESC expert in your area, or I can Recomend, Aubrey King in CA if you live in the US. If you live in Aus a guy named Peter Stubis is the GURU of ESC's here. If you are in the US you can contact Aubrey at [email protected]. he does custom electronics and repairs and so on so I would be shocked if he could not help you. And he wont charge you as much as novak.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default esc

Originally posted by FRP
i sent my gtx to novak for repair,, as far as i can tell my mode switch broke from being hit with batteries that came loose. there price was extremely reasonable, and they contacted me with the info on the unit. i would send it to novak, they built it and know it better than anyone. as for them charging an arm and a leg where can i buy arms and a leg for $15.00????
Old 01-29-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

hell, 15 bux is dirt cheap. I am just going buy my experiences with novak and there communication is second to none. I like my electronics to be worked on by the best and just as an example ,when I wanted some wires replace there quote was over $50
Old 01-30-2005, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

what will two caps do for you instead of one ????
Old 01-30-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Addict

less resistance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.