Wiki Posts
Search

Novak GTX

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 05:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by jkerr0043
I give up. This guy obviously has issues and will never change his mind.
I second that.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by jkerr0043
99.99% of the time, the locals would not be able to compete with the factory racers no matter what equipment they used. I have a couple sponsors. I couldn't run with Kinwald or Francis or any of those guys if I had all the prototypes in the world and they had to run with box stock equipment from the local hobby store. They'd still kick my butt and pretty much any local racer out there as well. They're on another level than everyone else. They compete among each other.
Wow, first hello, new to this forum far from new to R/Cing.

This comment sort of made me laugh and perhaps this will also show my age a bit to much. As far as the factory drivers being on another level, I tend to disagree a bit, while there are some that are really great they can and have been beaten by the locals, I for one was doing so when I was only 14-16 and sponsored by no name companies. So to show my age, my first competitive car was the origianl RC-10 with gold chassis and McCallister Lowering Kit, later my first Sponsor, LazerLyte Pan car (Fiberglass), then Black Magic Motors, then Reedy still with associated, Airtronics, and HyperDrive belt systems. The biggest baddest batteries were 1500SCRs, and to run Mod I ran 1700SCs.

The names back then were Gil Losi, Cliff Let, and Joel Johnson, these are the people I grew up with and still do.

Ive beaten my share of "Pros" even with off the shelf stuff.

But back to the point of this thread, I have always loved Novak, and its great to see that the products can get better, its also nice to know that there are other companies out there making equal or better speedos to push the competition into pushing thier limiits.

As far as the prototype issue, yes I have been a product of this and have been "robbed" :P because of it, but hey that racing. Last time I checked there are very few 1:1 racing classes at that high a level (to have NATS) that the parts can be bought off the shelf, there are one offs, and similar products, but if you can tell me where to buy the carbon fiber transmission case for the 2004 Ferrari F1, then that would be a first. Also I know that in most of these cases in 1:1 most anything can be bought on the side with enough $$$$$, however this isnt always the case with RC as the buisnesses are small enough that they can refuse you on a personal level.

However I have been to the NATs on many occassions and something that is not made clear are the classes, yes there is a "Stock" and "Mod", but most of these racers still have "Novice", "Stock", "Pro Stock", same with "Mod" and of course throughout the classes ie.. 2WD, 4WD...etc. These classes just dont always get the magazine space that the Pro level ones do. Not everyone can afford an F1 car and not everyone can race them either, if you can then step-up, otherwise race your class.

As for GunDamn... Ill see you at Work :P

Hehe nice entry no? talk to you all l8r
Old 08-30-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Look, guys. I am not here to bash Novak, it would be hipacritical of me to do so. I own plenty of Novak products before and still do now. I simply don't like the idea of putting something out there that no one can get to win races. I talked ( rather argued) with Futureal via PMs. Hey I know you guys made valid points, and I haven't discredit them. Some make sense, and some don't. I'll ask the Novak guys this question; couldn't you have raced the prototypes at local level competitions instead of the Nats or Worlds to get the necessary information you need? I know that this would seem even unfair to the guys at the local levels also. I had a conversation with one of my collegues. He was once a sponsored driver before he enlisted into the Army. I told him about this debacle of a debate and he told me that all manufacturers does this, and have been doing it for years! So maybe this is the nature of the beast..........

Yeah, I may feel like Don Quiote vs. a windmill here, but I still think there should be a better way to test and develop their products.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:14 AM
The Evicerator

I've already answered that question back on page 4.

Anyone have any questions or observations that they would like to discuss?
Old 08-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Steve- do you know how much the GTX will possibly sell for? Could we expect an arrival date before Cleveland for sure?
Old 08-30-2004, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

ottoman told me they were going for 138.00........
Old 08-30-2004, 10:05 AM
The Evicerator

Tower has the GTX listed on their website for $175... I'm not sure if that's indicative of what you will be seeing in hobby shops or not...

And yes, you should be able to get ahold of one before Cleveland
Old 08-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

I just checked, KTHobbies will have them for 166.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Evicerator
And yes, you should be able to get ahold of one before Cleveland
Cleveland? I wish!

Iraq? Definitely!

sometimes I wish I can retire..........BUT I'LL GET RECALLED!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2004, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sorry... $167.99 was the best price I found not $138
Old 08-30-2004, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by GundamWZero
Look, guys. I am not here to bash Novak, it would be hipacritical of me to do so. I own plenty of Novak products before and still do now. I simply don't like the idea of putting something out there that no one can get to win races. I talked ( rather argued) with Futureal via PMs. Hey I know you guys made valid points, and I haven't discredit them. Some make sense, and some don't. I'll ask the Novak guys this question; couldn't you have raced the prototypes at local level competitions instead of the Nats or Worlds to get the necessary information you need? I know that this would seem even unfair to the guys at the local levels also. I had a conversation with one of my collegues. He was once a sponsored driver before he enlisted into the Army. I told him about this debacle of a debate and he told me that all manufacturers does this, and have been doing it for years! So maybe this is the nature of the beast..........

Yeah, I may feel like Don Quiote vs. a windmill here, but I still think there should be a better way to test and develop their products.

There's a flip side to prototypes that hasn't been discussed here... They are almost always cutting-edge technology, but prototypes have faults as well. It is not unheard of that prototypes are inferior to the current mass-production item. The way I look at it, driving is still 99 percent of the equation. Gundam, I guarantee you that if you're fast enough such that a gtx would make a significant gain, then there's nothing to worry about. At that point, you would be sponsored and get to try out the prototype stuff anyways!

My point is that the factory guys are in a class of their own, and the fact that they have access to prototype equipment is very irrelevant to the racing success of the rest of us. No matter what type of equipment is available only to the pros, there is always a way to "move up the ladder". I've seen a guy make it pretty high up in the c-main in mod truck at the nationals, surrounded by a swarm of prototype XXT's. Needless to say, he got sponsored shortly thereafter, and definitely got access to all the prototype stuff by becoming one of Losi's top drivers (this was back in 1994, so I'm sure all of you masters guys can figure out who I'm talking about).
Old 08-30-2004, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

$155 from Tower w/discount.
$175 reg. price

Order NOW and save $20.00! Place at least a $150 order through August 31, 2004 and we'll take $20.00 off the total! Just mention ad number 011K6 when you place your order (may be entered into the yellow box in your shopping cart). This special offer is not retroactive. Please, only one promotional ad number per order.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Well, I think this offically the most hurting thread ever. Keep feeding the fire guys. Use up more time, waste some internet. Good stuff.

Bottom line, from a brief overview of this..... wow.

Thanks for all the support and kind comments guys, they are MUCH appreciated by everyone here.

Last edited by Charlie; 08-30-2004 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Charlie-- Will the GTX have a 4cell profile like the GT7? If so will it be more for mod or stock. I would prefer if it were for mod.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Does anyone know why they dont build the on/off switch into the case like they did for the TC2 and C2? I think that build in switch was the greatest thing ever and so does everyone i have asked that has had one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.