Search

Tamiya TCS Tyres

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Tamiya TCS Tyres

Hey guys,

I am going to be entering my TB Evo IV into the TCS this year for the nationals (Australia) and I don't know anything about Tamiya rubber. What can you guys tell me about them?? Like... what tyres for what surfaces, what inserts, what tyre for what temperature, stuff like that.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. I have tyre warmers and stuff like that so that's not really a problem if some tyres need to be warmed to run nicely.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:40 AM
Tech Addict

You gotta have A's, B's and B3's (forget the B2's they're crap).

A's on carpet or tarmac for temp < 25 deg C
B's on very high grip carpet or tarmac > 20 deg C as soon as A's start overheating or cooking,
B3's on tarmac when it's too hot for the B's or you want your tires to last for ages...

Inserts, you got only 3 inserts : blue (soft), green (medium) and black (hard). I only use the black ones, and adjust my setup according to what I feel on the track.

I only use dish rims on A's, and the rims provided with the B's
Old 08-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Okay, that's a great starter. Thanks Cobra. I actually have some Type A's that I got with my Evo IV and they are mounted on dish wheels too. AWESOME!!! So the B3's, they are the new compound right?? Why didn't the B2's work?? Are there any A2's?? And, how are these variants (B, B2, B3) supposed to differ???