Wiki Posts
Search

Jaco Blues...They worked for me! No defects

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Jaco Blues...They worked for me! No defects

Recently there has been discussion of defective Jaco's, it happened to me even, but my last set were EXCELLENT.

Just finished a round of the Hurricane Series and my Jaco Blues worked perfectly. World stock sedan, carpet, corally rdx, mazda 6 body, 17.5 zero timing. No strange wear and no defects. Car felt balanced and had consistent grip. Took me to the A main and there is plenty of life left in them for club racing.

I'm not affiliated with Jaco - just wanted to share my experience.

Jeff
Old 01-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Personally I haven't had any issues with them. I did see one blow apart once but after looking over the tires on that car it looked like there was excessive camber being used which caused the blow-out. This past weekend I used Jaco Blues at the Canadian Indoor Nationals and finished 3rd in A main 17.5.
This was an open tire event. These tires worked great and had lots of grip. No complaints either.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xray2050
Personally I haven't had any issues with them. I did see one blow apart once but after looking over the tires on that car it looked like there was excessive camber being used which caused the blow-out. This past weekend I used Jaco Blues at the Canadian Indoor Nationals and finished 3rd in A main 17.5.
This was an open tire event. These tires worked great and had lots of grip. No complaints either.
The first set I ever tried tore apart on their 5th run, but I used my 2nd set at the nats and they were great there. I even traction rolled once with them at the end of the straight. I had trouble getting any other tires I had to not traction roll.

Congrats on the podium Pete.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by locked
The first set I ever tried tore apart on their 5th run, but I used my 2nd set at the nats and they were great there. I even traction rolled once with them at the end of the straight. I had trouble getting any other tires I had to not traction roll.

Congrats on the podium Pete.
Thanks Dave.
As the traction really picked up for the last quailifier, I opted for a new set to maybe take a little traction away. It wasn't the right idea as my car developed quite a push for the first 3 or 4 laps. Oh well sometimes you make the wrong decision, wish it was at a club race though..