Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Axis SST?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 12:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Schumacher Axis SST?

I have this car that I picked up on Ebay for pretty cheap. Can anyone give me the details on this car as to when it came out, was it a decent car? What did it sell for back then? I'm on offroad guy that grabbed something cheap to play with. Just curious as to they type of car it was back then or if its just a pile. Looks to be in nice shape.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J_Salinas
I have this car that I picked up on Ebay for pretty cheap. Can anyone give me the details on this car as to when it came out, was it a decent car? What did it sell for back then? I'm on offroad guy that grabbed something cheap to play with. Just curious as to they type of car it was back then or if its just a pile. Looks to be in nice shape.
Late 90's car. Good for the era, won a few things I think.

Chassis design and quality has moved on a bit since then but I'm sure it will go well enough around the track to get you started in on-road.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The SST came out in 1998.

There was an Axis Conversion to put the saddle pack split on the right and left, the SST had the saddle pack on the right side only. The Axis came out in 2001.

Some Mission parts will fit the Axis.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

in chronological order

SST 2000 : transversal stick pack, then the following year a saddle chassis with 2x3 batt on each side
SST 98 : right side saddle, top plate lowered
SST 99' pro : same layout but a few changes, in fact many little changes
Axis : motor in the center of the car, batteries back
Axis 2 : same layout but " double " bottom plate and ball ended links intead of top plate.
Mission :back to a right sided battery, but 6x1. Otherwise pretty common layout compared to now, except motor behind spur. ( same as yok mr4tc )

It's prety hard to figure the filliation between each generation, they kept and changed many little things until the "from scratch or almost " Mi2, then Mi2 EC.

hope this helps.

Great cars IMHO, they basically were everywhere in EU in the nineties. Far from being as sturdy as nowadays cars, though, don't slap them on the boards too much.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Oh, and they used WAY thicker oil compared to what we see now. I would be suprised if anything below 50wt worked with the stock pistons.