R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Rolling Chassis

Hi All,
I made the big mistake of purchasing an 'Exceed RTR Drifter'. It seemed to be good to start with, but after owning it for roughly the past 4 weeks, appears to be developing issues. The dog bones in the front appear to be slapping around far too much and the front diff has a lot of play, where the axles slot in.

In all honesty, I'm not overly familiar with repairing these things, but when I pulled the front end apart, the only thing that I could see as being an issue, was the lack of grease. I will grease it all up again, put it back together and see how it goes.

Now, the main subject of this thread:
Rolling Chassis.
Taking what I have just stated about my 'Exceed', I have decided to upgrade, sooner than I was planning. I have purchased an 'eZRun 9T Combo' and would like to find a good [Shaft Driven] chassis, to suit this combo.

The plan will be, to remove the 2.4ghz Receiver from the Exceed and fit it into a new chassis. Since I have the 9T Combo ready to go, then I will simply fit that to the 'Rolling Chassis' also.

My issue is........... What 'Rolling Chassis' should I go for?
My main application is purely 'Drifting', but there may be occassions where I do the odd Touring Race.

I totally love the 'Yokomo' chassis, but am surprised with the lack of availability of replacement parts in Australia.
I also like the 'Hyper 10' Drift Cars, but do not like the fact of them being 'Belt Driven'.
I also like the look of the 'HPI Sprint 2 1/10 EP Drift/Touring chassis'.

Question is: What is the best value for money? Best value and 'QUALITY' for money?

I am willing to go for a pre loved roller if anyone has what they think I need.

Looking forward to all tips and advice.

Dave [DK2B]
DK2B is offline   Reply With Quote