Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy PT Split Stack

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Reedy PT Split Stack

I was racing modified this weekend, and as i was unable to get my hands on a Revolution to use i went with a Reedy PT 12 x 2. When i came to skim it after a few runs i noticed that the stack has a split, and has been epoxied split. I had to run it this weekend as i didnt have a spare modified with me, ran okay and i wasnt getting motored by a friend who had a touring rev 12 single on the straight.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Give Reedy/AE a call. Although, shipping it back to California would probably cost decent buck. Maybe with this picture they'll send you a new one!
Old 08-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Ill try to find an email address, the windings werent particularly neat either, maybe just a bad wind/batch of motors. I ran between 25 and 30 degrees of advance which seemed to give me the RPM i needed on the large track.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

25-30 degrees?? Geezus...

More than likely, something go in the motor and caused it to jam just long enough to bend the stack and then it probably fell out.

If AE is gonna replace it, you probably can just email them, I doubt they will make you send it back in.

You could also head over to RCcars.com and Big Jim might be able to give you the 101 on how to repair it(only do this if AE won't send you another or they let you keep it after sending you another).

Later EddieO
Old 08-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You are in the UK so all you have to to is call the Reedy importer...CML Distribution. They will replace it for you.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

send it to dave duggan at cml and explain to him what happened.
they will replace free of charge.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Suspended

I purchased 3 reedy mod motors a 7x2, an 8x1 and a 9x2 they were quick I won't hold that against them, but the quality of workmanship is the lowest I have seen all 3 motors the magnets fell out the 8x1 the armature flew apart and the 7x2 was on its way as well. It's all fine and dandy to say send them back to the manafacturer but by the time you send them it would be cheaper to buy a different brand of motor and that is how they get away with warranties.
Old 08-12-2004, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Ive been told if i mail the armature in then ill be given a replacement. I might sell the replacement and buy a revolution instead if i can find one. If the windings dont look great and knowing that other people have had trouble with them too, i dont really want one in my car!
Old 08-12-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

yes u should get a peak 12 sinle spashett version when thir available.
this has new arm re disgned to be lighter and is designed more with on road touring cars in mind.