Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newby seeking help on 1/12th car

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Newby seeking help on 1/12th car

Hi! Everybody , I am new to this forum and seeking help and information about this car.
I had this in storage for over 10 years , I forgot who makes it , anyone know? Someone told me on another forum that it's a "Kyosho Fantom EP-4WD manufactured around 1983" or "ABC Spark" it came with a PORSCH 962 body (honest , thats how it's spelled on the body) I did make a fiberglass chassis for it just in case I could not find another , the original is in excellent shape (photo). I would like to find out if parts are out there for it , the tires are rock hard. Any help will be much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Newby seeking help on 1/12th car-12th-onroad-005.jpg   Newby seeking help on 1/12th car-12th-onroad-006.jpg  
Old 01-20-2011, 12:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ampsmax
Hi! Everybody , I am new to this forum and seeking help and information about this car.
I had this in storage for over 10 years , I forgot who makes it , anyone know? Someone told me on another forum that it's a "Kyosho Fantom EP-4WD manufactured around 1983" or "ABC Spark" it came with a PORSCH 962 body (honest , thats how it's spelled on the body) I did make a fiberglass chassis for it just in case I could not find another , the original is in excellent shape (photo). I would like to find out if parts are out there for it , the tires are rock hard. Any help will be much appreciated.
ABC Hobby Spark 4WD 1/12. Maybe the best 1/12th 4WD as it has a ball diff and most of the other companies used a gear diff.
Good luck with parts,Ebay is about the best but wheels are very hard to find along with the front one way. I have two of these cars and wheels and one ways are about the only thing you have to worry about.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
ABC Hobby Spark 4WD 1/12. Maybe the best 1/12th 4WD as it has a ball diff and most of the other companies used a gear diff.
Good luck with parts,Ebay is about the best but wheels are very hard to find along with the front one way. I have two of these cars and wheels and one ways are about the only thing you have to worry about.
Thanks for the information, I was thinking about selling it at an auction, now I will not , I'm going to keep it and try and find parts. Do you think I can glue foam or rubber donuts on these rims? I'd like to at least play with it a little.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ampsmax
Thanks for the information, I was thinking about selling it at an auction, now I will not , I'm going to keep it and try and find parts. Do you think I can glue foam or rubber donuts on these rims? I'd like to at least play with it a little.
Dont run it unless you like wasting alot of money,sell it as complete as you can on Ebay and buy a runner for yourself. Unless you live or have friends in Japan you can forget about spares.

If you have the box,body,and decals it would help you alot in making money.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
Dont run it unless you like wasting alot of money,sell it as complete as you can on Ebay and buy a runner for yourself. Unless you live or have friends in Japan you can forget about spares.

If you have the box,body,and decals it would help you alot in making money.
I have the original body also , don't have the box but I do have a small black briefcase that the car fits perfectly. But , I think I am going to keep it. I won't run it , I'll think about buying me a runner. I just removed my auction from ebay for my Yokomo YZ-10 , I think I will keep that also. Thanks for all the info!