Wiki Posts
Search

gear meshing help

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 04:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? gear meshing help

hi,
i ordered a 17t 48dp pinion from my schumacher mi4 and it wont mesh correctly and i also noticed that on the packet even though it was ansmann racing it said 0.6 module which sounds like tamiyas pinions, and i also tryed my tamiya 19t pinion and it meshed better but still had quite a lot of resistence and made a grinding noise if i turned it with my finger,

i also noticed the spur was black (85t) but i thought they came in white, is it possible the spur he has fitted is 64dp?(second hand)

p.s. if this helps it looks like the teeth on the pinion are to big for the spur.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Schumacher MI4
hi,
i ordered a 17t 48dp pinion from my schumacher mi4 and it wont mesh correctly and i also noticed that on the packet even though it was ansmann racing it said 0.6 module which sounds like tamiyas pinions, and i also tryed my tamiya 19t pinion and it meshed better but still had quite a lot of resistence and made a grinding noise if i turned it with my finger,

i also noticed the spur was black (85t) but i thought they came in white, is it possible the spur he has fitted is 64dp?(second hand)

p.s. if this helps it looks like the teeth on the pinion are to big for the spur.

Well correct me if I am wrong but 0.6 is tamiya so the teeth will be bigger than 48dp and w make way to big for 64dp. Spurs can be all sorts of colors unless schumacher make different colored spurs for different sizes like losi???

But there is a big difference between 64dp and 48dp and the module 0.6 that is tamiya looks like 48dp but its bigger in teeth and has less per inch.

anyone else want to chime in aswell
Old 01-16-2011, 04:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

mod 0.6 is used by some tamiya cars as well some 1/18 cars like Duratrax Vendetta/LRP Shark and does not mesh well with 48p
Old 01-16-2011, 04:38 AM
Tech Initiate

ok, well my tamiya 19t pinion seems to mesh correctly and ALOT better than mod 0.6 so i think ill leave it in and i also noticed the shaft on the pinion is very long, how smoothly should it go when its connected to the motor beause there isnt much resistance
Old 01-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

To spur colour. It's running change - all white parts are black now - well that's since LP.
85t spur can only be 48dp for sure.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Initiate

got a 48dp pinion fits fine then i found the two rear driveshafts were bent causing alot of noice and massive wheel wobble and on top of that at first i only noticed that one was bent so ordered one and then looked and the other was bent, hopefully the previous owner will have one spare its never ending