hudy setup station alternative??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hudy setup station alternative??

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

Camber gauge and some calipers for toe-in.

Have a look at the pictures from any big race; none of the top guys use setup stations as the numbers will be different with the wheels on. You have to race with the wheels on, so set it up with the wheels on.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AGNO
I use the 3Racing setup station, is very precise and complete and truly has a very low cost
Agree,but is out of stock for months. I think it's discontinued.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:12 AM
Tech Addict

That one i posted before is a crap.The guy that sell it uses has copy on his website the Hudy description but when you buy it you get only the for setup stands No CNC-machined tough acrylic plastic toe/steering plate,no handy set-up nuts for quick assembly/disassembly and is not delivered in handy foam packing for comfortable and safe storage and transport as in description.Still waiting for a straight answer from him.And this is not all.Instead of two left and two right stands he sent me 3 left and 1 right.I sent him a couple of pictures trying to explain what is the problem and he pretend he don't see any problem.Bastard
Old 02-16-2011, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have used the older model Integy, and seriously they seem fine to me, the cheaper ones seem great value in general, in fact any of the HK ones look fairly good, it's not like you see people throwing them away, they hold value.

Only catch is yeah no one seems to have any stock of any of the HK models, which sucks cause I was aiming to buy one around now, there is one on the Integy website (onroad), listed as a quick version or something, works out around $80 shipped, I'm considering it, but I'd rather the full current version if they get any made soon.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have the Hudy model and my buddy has the Integy model. There is definitely a difference in the quality. The Hudy has 0 slop and moves freely. The Integy model has bushings, some slop, yet still binds and is not as free. I think you get what you pay for.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

are there cheaper setup stations? YES
are there cheaper alternatives to Hudy setup stations? NO
Old 02-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Xceeds new setup station looks awesome but I have no idea what the cost will be or when it will be available. I have been waiting to get an integy station for months but am losing patience. Everything I want lately is out of stock, discontinued or yet to be released. It's driving me mad
Attached Thumbnails hudy setup station alternative??-xceedsetupstation-400x300.jpg  
Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Tech Addict

Not sure if this one has been mentioned.

I use the speedmind setup station available at RCMart for $110. It has bearings, I haven't noticed any slop, has wheelnuts included that you tighten by hand. Only PITA is that to set the stands up you need to use any allen key to screw in the button screws. But that is minor to me.

Comes with toe indication board that I think is great quality. Also includes a good carrying case.(Which my hudy 1/12th system did not, cheap cardboard box)

I also have a Hudy 1/12th setup system and can't see any difference in quality. The plastic toe board is just as good IMO and the indications exactly line up with the hudy one when laid overtop.

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-sys...k-p-18011.html
Old 02-17-2011, 04:59 AM
Tech Adept

Guys, Remenber where tools like these are concerned you only get what you pay for. Buying cheap looks good but it will it be accurate??
For my input I would go Hudy or Team magic
Old 02-17-2011, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bosscat
Guys, Remenber where tools like these are concerned you only get what you pay for. Buying cheap looks good but it will it be accurate??
For my input I would go Hudy or Team magic
Accuracy?, well I took one brand new electric with a fixed rear toe system (shims etc), and put it in one well used Integy station, it read exactly what it should have read, as it would have I suspect in any setup station.

I think maybe if you want to nit pick build quality or maybe durability or service life, maybe you will value the top gear above the cheaper, but in all honestly I highly doubt you can question the accuracy etc, it's all going to have been very precisely made on CNC machines that seriously don't often mess up anything.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

nothing beats this:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...1-12-sold.html
Old 02-18-2011, 04:54 AM
Tech Adept

So Bishop you are reckonning that the guy in china that is turning these out in large quantity is going be just as accurate as kit made on a line that relies a smaller throughput to provide a premium product? Sorry have to disagree there. The premium product wins in my opinion
Old 02-18-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bosscat
So Bishop you are reckonning that the guy in china that is turning these out in large quantity is going be just as accurate as kit made on a line that relies a smaller throughput to provide a premium product? Sorry have to disagree there. The premium product wins in my opinion
Think huge industrial CNC machines etc, seriously once that stuff is setup, it will churn out unlimited gear within tiny tolerances, less than what would effect it's use, and I know China now has some of the best of that gear in the world.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Tech Regular

i also have a hudy 1/12 setup stantion.. i really only bout it before cause i run speedmerchant cars and i wantedit for caster... ya theres marks but there so far away u ant eyeball it.. wish the would of puta hook up fpr that... andy solutions
Old 02-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Nothing I've seen out there is as accurate as the Hudy, so I say no. If you want to save a little money and still be accurate you can Buy (for tc) the Hudy set up wheels, Hudy quick camber gauge, and the Hudy 10mm Droop Gauge blocks. These few tools will get most of your adjustments accurate, but nothing works like the entire Hudy 1/10 tc set up station.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.