R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-21-2011, 12:44 AM   #46
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by old-man View Post
In some of our local races, the race director actually checks if anyone is not marshalling if not they will deduct 1 lap from his best quali from the offending racer.
we could loose our FTD, it's happened too many times before with people taking advantage of our (in the past) too lienient marshalling responsibilities...

Don't get me wrong, our club is a very very relaxed/friendly club to race at and the guys I race with are all good to hang out with, BUT if you race, you gotta marshal...

And to me, that is fair.

What if you were on for your FTQ, crashed and no one was marshalling?...

Not directing that at anyone in particular, just saying...
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #47
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc View Post
Oh no, Don't worry about a hiring a marshall. Just wait for the race director to once again find a volunteer for your serial racing no marshalling ass which will further delay the race program, there oughta be a law! I vote for 2 classes max!
Originally Posted by trerc View Post
It's just part of racing, you race you turn marshall. If you can't marshall then it should be your obligation is to find a replacement for you. Trust me,Nobody wants to volunteer for the guy that just has to race all the classes, or the one that suddenly has to pee, or go have a smoke or whatever. Common courtesy is to get your lazy ass back to the track after your quali and marshall the next heat. My 2 cents
Wasn’t expecting hostility here…

Raced last weekend at our regional race, 7 classes, 150+ entries. Used 6 cars to do it so had to change motor/esc settings for 12th stock/superstock, and 1 set spec rubber tires for Touring stock / Super stock so had to change tires between cars.

Made all my races, nothing broke, marshaled all but 3 races cause back to back (got volunteer), even race directed a few races, got to chit chat with everyone. NO ONE complains about me doing it cause I ALWAYS marshal or find a volunteer before hand when the heats are posted.

Incidentally, inspired Bob Stormer and his 2 cohorts (Randon and Evan) to try it at our next regional race. 21 classes between the three of them. Gonna be fun to watch.

Originally Posted by old-man View Post
If you race all 7 classes in one single event you might as well move your pit onto the drivers stand.

I have done 3 class out of 4 classes in a single event once and vouched to never do it again!!! Really can't imagine 7 out of 7. Besides getting real crappy results for all 3 classes you will be known as Super Man if you do that.
As for results, I made top 5 in 6 class with one win, and a B Main win (bad qualifying). Only tuning on the cars in 2 days was to change ride height once in the WGT and 12th scale cars. Actually I'm known as the "Ironman".

Originally Posted by DuckStang View Post
Uhhh....yeah. Try to find someone of the opposite sex....or same....or, hell, I don't judge.....
Actually girlfriend raced (only female) in last regional race and that was more of a disaster cause she also ran 2 classes on top of my 7 and she broke 5 times. And her car is #1 priority! That affected my performance on the track but she had lots of fun and that’s the most important thing!

ARC R10, 12R5.1, Tamiya Mini, MTS FFv2 Pro, Exotek F1
BoneCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:54 PM   #48
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DuckStang View Post
Marshall, have a Newport, check out some of the scattered housewives around there.
Sounds good except the Newport.
racegoer711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:07 AM   #49
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
Incidentally, inspired Bob Stormer and his 2 cohorts (Randon and Evan) to try it at our next regional race. 21 classes between the three of them. Gonna be fun to watch.

Randon has already buttoned up 8 cars to race (added 1/18th). I've got 5 more piles of crap to turn into race cars in 7 days. I think Evan has 4 ready. We all upgraded charges and methods, my new pit configuration for iron man racing has 8 chargers in it.

I think we are 20% of the entrys at next weeks race. For the nay-sayers, remember entry fee money is good for the club.

"just got to lower your standards and expectations"...

On topic to the thread title, "what do people do between races?" My guess in this situation is laugh and have a good time running cars that are no where near 100%. I'm anticipating having a great time.

Check this out Ivan. We race iron man this weekend, then 2 weeks later in Regina, then 2 weeks later in Billings. I'm guessing I'll be suitably burnout out by the end of that fiasco...
www.stormerhobbies.com "Where the world shops for radio control."

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote