R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2012, 04:10 AM   #946
Tech Regular
 
narcotiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

.
narcotiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #947
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcotiks View Post
Does anyone know what the difference is between the Lrp x12 torque timing settings and the "other motors" setting?
Is there a performance increase using x12 torque timing on another motor(reedy sonic) ?
Also, with the "other motors" settings, what does a higher value do to the performance of the motor ? The setting is said to change initial drive level, what exactly is this ?
Since no one else answered
I'll take a stab at it

I believe the LRP X-12 settings have a mild, slower slope on the ramp up
This setting will seem slow with "other" motors, but it will keep temps low, and work in perfect harmony with the X-12 motors, as it is a more custom mapping for LRP motors specifically
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #948
Tech Master
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

whats a good setting to increase the torque on a lrp x12 13.5?
__________________
☆ Daryl Boston | TeamBlackStarRacing |
☆ TLR | Hot Bodies | Hobbywing | Savox | MT4S | AKA | Avid |
☆ TLR 22 2.0 MM | HB D413 | Schumacher K1|
☆ Coral Springs RC Track | Mills Pond RC Track | South Florida|
BlackStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #949
Tech Adept
 
noline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 227
Default

I have a LRP TC Spec V2 speedo would a Savox SC-1251MG servo trash the BEC on the speedo? If so what would be a cheaper alternative?
noline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:50 AM   #950
Tech Regular
 
narcotiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noline View Post
I have a LRP TC Spec V2 speedo would a Savox SC-1251MG servo trash the BEC on the speedo? If so what would be a cheaper alternative?
It probably would. The guys at LRP on their forum said that there is a connection between BEC failure and savox servos. I had a savox servo that i bought for $75-80 and when i bought the LRP speedy i bought a sanwa/airtronics servo for $100 and i have had no problems at all. Guys at my track have had their BECs fail and they use savox type servos.
narcotiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #951
Tech Regular
 
eevul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 372
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcotiks View Post
It probably would. The guys at LRP on their forum said that there is a connection between BEC failure and savox servos. I had a savox servo that i bought for $75-80 and when i bought the LRP speedy i bought a sanwa/airtronics servo for $100 and i have had no problems at all. Guys at my track have had their BECs fail and they use savox type servos.
One of our guys at the track was running a Savox servo and blew 4 of these LRP SXX V2 ESCs (2 TC spec and 2 stock spec). His ESCs didn't last a week. One of his fried after 2 heats and he replaced it with a spare and cooked that one during warmup for the main in the same race! The other two fried when he was putting his car together and configuring his endpoints, etc.

I was running a Futaba BLS651 servo in my WGT with the same ESC (SXX V2 Stock spec) and my ESC also died. Mind you, mine died after 2 months where the other guy's ESC would die the same day. I think that everyone from our track that has had this ESC has fried them. At this point, the failure rate is pretty high and the servo brand hasn't really been a factor.
eevul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #952
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 329
Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevul View Post
One of our guys at the track was running a Savox servo and blew 4 of these LRP SXX V2 ESCs (2 TC spec and 2 stock spec). His ESCs didn't last a week. One of his fried after 2 heats and he replaced it with a spare and cooked that one during warmup for the main in the same race! The other two fried when he was putting his car together and configuring his endpoints, etc.

I was running a Futaba BLS651 servo in my WGT with the same ESC (SXX V2 Stock spec) and my ESC also died. Mind you, mine died after 2 months where the other guy's ESC would die the same day. I think that everyone from our track that has had this ESC has fried them. At this point, the failure rate is pretty high and the servo brand hasn't really been a factor.
That is interesting facts Ed that I did not know as I have only ran savox servo's in all my cars all using stock spec's and no burnt out esc's here. With that being said it is making me think of buying diff servo's though lol.
traitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:20 AM   #953
Tech Regular
 
eevul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 372
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by traitor View Post
That is interesting facts Ed that I did not know as I have only ran savox servo's in all my cars all using stock spec's and no burnt out esc's here. With that being said it is making me think of buying diff servo's though lol.
Yea mine went when trying to configure the endpoints on my WGT when I was getting it ready for the outdoor season. This is after I ran my car for the last two months indoor with that ESC.

Atila burnt out 4 of them and I'm pretty sure he was using a Savox ESC.
eevul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:21 AM   #954
Tech Fanatic
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

What radios are you all using? There may be something with the radios and not just the servo. I I've been using the sav÷x low profile servo and spektrum system for a long while now without problems.
__________________
XB2 CE
XB4 16
Sanwa
Hobbywing
#kiwipaint on facebook
onekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:17 AM   #955
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I have had 3 Stock Specs in and out of my pan cars and all of them have been fantastic... granted, the latest one only has 2 weekends on it. Using the JR 3650 in all my 12ths and WGT. No issues as of yet.

I ran one of the Stock Specs briefly in a Sedan w/ the Futaba 9452 and it held up great, as well.

Interesting to hear about the BEC failure rate with Savox....
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #956
Tech Apprentice
 
wiggindude6969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 94
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggindude6969 View Post
I sent my SXX V2 back about a week ago, Put it in the car, did the basic set up, ran it for 10 mins... all was well, went to make a change, dial in some drag break and once i got out of the menu, it stopped working! It was only 4 days old. not a happy camper. I have used LRP only for years and never had an issue, even my chargers are LRP.. I hope they get it together.
I just got a package, they sent me a new speed control, now i need to know if there is a software/ usb program like Tekin hotwire for LRP?
__________________
F104v2 - RSD/TC6.1 - CRCXTi - AE B6
wiggindude6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #957
Tech Elite
 
nerdling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canberra
Posts: 2,841
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggindude6969 View Post
I just got a package, they sent me a new speed control, now i need to know if there is a software/ usb program like Tekin hotwire for LRP?
There is a USB Bridge that is used to update the ESC firmware. You can not use this to configure the ESC. You use the buttons on the ESC to set boost/drag/punch etc...
__________________
--XRAY--NOSRAM--PROTOFORM--MUCHMORE--
www.teamxray.com -- www.hudy.net -- www.hobbyexpress.com.au
nerdling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #958
Tech Addict
 
gelshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 717
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcotiks View Post
It probably would. The guys at LRP on their forum said that there is a connection between BEC failure and savox servos. I had a savox servo that i bought for $75-80 and when i bought the LRP speedy i bought a sanwa/airtronics servo for $100 and i have had no problems at all. Guys at my track have had their BECs fail and they use savox type servos.
Which model Sanwa servo did you buy? Thanks,
__________________
Kyosho RT5 | RB6
gelshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #959
Tech Master
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

You know its funny because i run the savox 1251 in my Losi 22 with this ESC and i have no issues she actually runs very well with no glitch buster needed so i think its just the luck of the draw!!!
__________________
☆ Daryl Boston | TeamBlackStarRacing |
☆ TLR | Hot Bodies | Hobbywing | Savox | MT4S | AKA | Avid |
☆ TLR 22 2.0 MM | HB D413 | Schumacher K1|
☆ Coral Springs RC Track | Mills Pond RC Track | South Florida|
BlackStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 PM   #960
Tech Regular
 
narcotiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelshocker View Post
Which model Sanwa servo did you buy? Thanks,
I ended up getting the SRG BL, I was after the SRG BLS but there was none in stock at the time I was ordering, they both have similar specs just the BLS is a bit faster.
narcotiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LRP SXX StockSpec ESC Stein Tumert Electric On-Road 1241 06-08-2012 08:52 AM
TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE! RC-ZOMBIE Electric Off-Road 125 12-03-2011 08:16 PM
Tekin RS vs LRP SXX Stock Spec vs Mamba Max Pro Chris Gierse Electric Off-Road 30 08-10-2011 10:50 AM
Best ESC for MOD and 17.5? JayL Electric On-Road 29 08-06-2010 04:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:14 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net