Last edited by fasteddie d; 02-01-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: wrong thread
fasteddie d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #797
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
Sean or anyone else-

Has anyone noticed issues when trying to run the v3.0 software with an LRP 13.5 or a 17.5. It seems after running it for a few seconds it starts blinking (fast red and amber) like the sensor wire or motor sensor board is bad. It seems to get confused on what position it is in and goes into protect mode. I have tried multiple motors and sensor wires with no improvement. Moving back to v1.5 fixes the issue entirely. This has been seen on the SXX V2 and the SXX TC Spec V2.

Is this a problem or a known issue or am I just the lucky person that currently has four LRP speed controls exhibiting this behavior?
No have not heard of that problem. Out of curiosity why are you running 3.0 with a 13.5t?
What settings are you using? Did you do the SC reset after loading the SW?
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #798
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cochran View Post
LRP SXX TC Version 1 does not have a "blinky" mode if your running power setting 10 you are getting some timing.
I checked ROAR website for approve ESC for 17.5 blinky and the SXX TC spec version is not listed so that means this ESC is not legal for Spec class?

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #799
Tech Adept

facing can not establish communication to speed-control problem while i plug in my lrp usb bridge into sensor hole and trying connect with my pc.

any solution?

p/s: lrp firware update tool install successfully, lrp usb bridge working fine with blue light on. After i click connect, yellow light bright up on usb bridge + blue light bright up on ESC (according to user manual, it suppose to be red light on ESC).

Any idea to solve the problem?
Switching to YOKOMO ~Yokomo BD7~
**Swan Radio Control Club (SRCC)**
icefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #800
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Firmware version

Is there a way to know what firmware is loaded on my SXX SS without the USB bridge?
RussF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #801
AE-Reedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussF View Post
Is there a way to know what firmware is loaded on my SXX SS without the USB bridge?
No way to be positive unless checking with computer.
More than likely it will be V4.4, very few shipped with v4.2.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #802
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cochran View Post
No way to be positive unless checking with computer.
More than likely it will be V4.4, very few shipped with v4.2.
Thanks for the reply. I bought one from Tower in December and the BEC went out on the first day racing. Its still at AE and theres no news when I might get it back. So I bought another off here and it arrived yesterday but I have no way to know what firmware is on it. I can assume V4.4 since it appears that it might be a replacement the guy I bought it from got. Not sure though as the wires and everything looks new but the case is flaking a little. Hopefully it will work good. I really like the way the first one ran before it didnt.
RussF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #803
AE-Reedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussF View Post
Thanks for the reply. I bought one from Tower in December and the BEC went out on the first day racing. Its still at AE and theres no news when I might get it back. So I bought another off here and it arrived yesterday but I have no way to know what firmware is on it. I can assume V4.4 since it appears that it might be a replacement the guy I bought it from got. Not sure though as the wires and everything looks new but the case is flaking a little. Hopefully it will work good. I really like the way the first one ran before it didnt.
I'm sure that AE has received your unit but unfortunately we have not gotten SS units from LRP since December. So short version is we have nothing to replace your bad one at the moment. Sorry. A replacement will sent to you as soon as we get more in from LRP.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #804
Tech Adept

dear all, pls help on this issue.
recently, i just brought the LRP firware update pc bridge link cable and trying to update my ESC to V2, but i facing the fail connection on it, pls help me on this issue.

1st of all, i plug in the LRP USB Bridge - Speedo Firmware Update + PC-Link into the computer, and it auto install the driver from window XP, after that the blue led at the bridge light up, after that i plug in the sensored cable from ESC to the bridge, and start up the LRP firware update tools v2.0.4 for pc and click connect, it pop out a instruction asking me to off the on/off switch, and unplug the batterry, after i click ok on the instruction, it start to search and take time around 15-20 seconds, and i saw the bridge light up the yellow/orange led together with the blue led at the same time, meanwhile, ESC also light up BLUE (not red, suppose to be red according to the user manual) LED, and after that it show can't establish the connection. pls help on this issue. thanks.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:59 AM   #805
Tech Rookie

If you have any of the SXX V1 ESCs you've wasted your money on bying the USB Bridge. It's only compatible to the newer SXX V2 ESCs and you can't update a V1 into a V2 as they have different internal components.
bonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #806
Tech Adept

I was thinking of getting an lrp v2 stock speck. But reading this lot has defo changed my mind I'll stick to hobbywing. Can not wait for the ver3 to come out.
big paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:44 AM   #807
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonda View Post
If you have any of the SXX V1 ESCs you've wasted your money on bying the USB Bridge. It's only compatible to the newer SXX V2 ESCs and you can't update a V1 into a V2 as they have different internal components.
i tought LRP say it can be update from V1 to V2 while last time they push out the V2 firware? oh my god, my bridge wasted ....
Old 02-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #808
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

LRP was letting you trade in you V1 for V2 for free, when the V2 came out
don't thinks they said anything about updated the softwear in the V1 to use the USB
Old 02-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #809
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 216 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicko View Post
LRP was letting you trade in you V1 for V2 for free, when the V2 came out
don't thinks they said anything about updated the softwear in the V1 to use the USB
All the bridge does is verify what version software you have. Not able to update at this time.
Andy Koback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #810
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Koback View Post
All the bridge does is verify what version software you have. Not able to update at this time.
I think you are referring to a V2 esc.

The efforts from Icefish show, that a V1 esc will not even connect to the bridge. as this was never intended.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote