Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC >

LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC

LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC

Old 12-10-2011, 04:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NR
Sorry Bigz,

I only just seen this, I am running 17.5 with an FDR of 5.5, as for the ESC, i only know I am running the second highest boost setting and i think it's perfect.

I'm not to sure of the other settings

Speaking of cogging, my last run I think IT MAY have started doing this, but won't know till I run again. hopefully not. overall I am very pleased with it. speed, heat etc etc, although I am running the nosram monster heatsink and fan to help.

Nathan
No worries. Figured it out. Geared at 7 fdr and temp at 140 ish wih the monster fan also. Found out that the problem before was with the sensor wire. Now its doing good. Settings at 3-3-5-0. Re updated also the esc with the 4.4. Think it might have helped. will try to run 6.0 fdr tomorrow with the x12.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ok, here goes. I encountered a really bizarre issue today. I am not sure what the cause is/was, but if anyone has seen anything like this please chime in. I ran my Stock Spec LRP in my 12th for the first time today. Previously I had only used it briefly in 17.5 Sedan. Both classes I run blinky, so 0-0 for the Modes 2/3.

I set the ESC up last night and cal-ed it to my radio(a decade old Futaba 3PJS converted to 2.4ghz). I programmed it to 1-0-0-3. The ESC was in blinky mode.

After about 4 battery packs thru the car today, during the middle of a run, my car takes off and stuffs itself into the board. I havent had a radio glitch like this since I used to run gas w/ FM radios. The car was stuck on a board with the front wheels locked to the left and the rears spinning in place. My Futaba started alarming and the screen displayed "B.U. Error". The radio had dumped its memory and it cleared all the models, settings, etc.

I had to reset the radio, all my end points, trims, etc. And I had to re-cal the LRP to the radio. I didn't mess with the programming at this point. In fact, I didnt even look at what it was nor notice if it was still blinking.

I went out for one last battery pack and the car was noticeably quicker than before and the lap times reflected this. When I pulled the car off the track, I noticed the speedo was no longer blinking. I checked the programming settings, and they were 0-1-0-3. As far as I can tell, the speedo went from 1-0-0-3 to 0-1-0-3.

Being an Electrical Engineer, I cant quite wrap my head around how this is possible. When the radio(and possibly the ESC?) took a dump earlier, I can understand the speedo reverting to the default settings. But I thought the LRP defaults were something like: 3-0-0-0 (ie: set up for 7.4v/2S lipos and blinky mode).

Can anyone fathom a reason how the ESC could have changed? It is almost as if one of the bits shifted positions... But that cant have happened, right?
Old 12-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I know there are other esc's who's manual lists different defaults than what the esc actually defaults to. I would try re-calibrating the esc again and see what it defaults to just for information's sake.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

never mind.

Last edited by cheehtae; 12-25-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default sxx ss v2 dead within minutes

I must have the worst f'ing luck. My T4 has been down for 10 weeks now. I waited 5 weeks for the first v2. Which took a dump in 2 mins. Received my second v2 yesterday. Hooked it all up today. Same crap...died within 5 minutes this time. So i hooked up my Align Bec to the battery port on my Rx and everything works. So i assume the BEC in the esc is dead...again! So not kewl! I am done with the blue garbage and going back orange.

17.5 esc settings are factory default
Old 12-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shake&bake
I must have the worst f'ing luck. My T4 has been down for 10 weeks now. I waited 5 weeks for the first v2. Which took a dump in 2 mins. Received my second v2 yesterday. Hooked it all up today. Same crap...died within 5 minutes this time. So i hooked up my Align Bec to the battery port on my Rx and everything works. So i assume the BEC in the esc is dead...again! So not kewl! I am done with the blue garbage and going back orange.

With that kind of luck, I wouldn't plan on any trips to Vegas in the near future!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
With that kind of luck, I wouldn't plan on any trips to Vegas in the near future!!!
ESPECIALLY not with orange stuff. I'd go red.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
ESPECIALLY not with orange stuff. I'd go red.
At this point I just want something that works
Old 12-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

i have 3 stock spec v2 and they are all run strong 1/12 17.5 and 13.5 blinky and open mod
Old 12-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Perhaps the 3rd one will work. Fingers "X" Ae/Lrp has them in stock atm. So i hope the turn time is quick. If the 3rd unit fails i have no choice but to drive over to AE.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Perhaps the 3rd one will work. Fingers "X" Ae/Lrp has them in stock atm. So i hope the turn time is quick. If the 3rd unit fails i have no choice but to drive over to AE.
As a last resort, you could just use'm with a receiver pack.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post10127409
My v1 is for sale...
Old 01-07-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Anyone having any trouble getting their speedo to find neutral on their radio? I have the LRP sxx TC Spec v2 and I have to run a sub-trimmed brake of 32. If I don't the motor shuts off at about 85% throttle. When the throttle on the radio is released the red light comes on in the Speedo - like I am applying brake. I can pull it slighty and the blue light flashes. (running it in blinky) I have tried re-calibrating it several times with no luck. Could it be in the radio?
Old 01-07-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mracer
Anyone having any trouble getting their speedo to find neutral on their radio? I have the LRP sxx TC Spec v2 and I have to run a sub-trimmed brake of 32. If I don't the motor shuts off at about 85% throttle. When the throttle on the radio is released the red light comes on in the Speedo - like I am applying brake. I can pull it slighty and the blue light flashes. (running it in blinky) I have tried re-calibrating it several times with no luck. Could it be in the radio?
The LRP instructions say.
Throttle trim 100% ATV, EPA
Brake Trim 100% ATV, EPA, ATL
Throttle Expo (0)
Neutral Trim center
Throttle Reverse

Have you tried all that yet ?
Old 01-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
The LRP instructions say.
Throttle trim 100% ATV, EPA
Brake Trim 100% ATV, EPA, ATL
Throttle Expo (0)
Neutral Trim center
Throttle Reverse

Have you tried all that yet ?
Yes sir, from the start. I set all that up before I hooked it up new.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.