R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2011, 10:33 PM   #736
Tech Adept
 
IgorR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehtae View Post
what's the latest firmware for this?
Hello,

The latest firmware is the V4.4
__________________
Yokomo YR-X12
Shepherd Velox EC
IgorR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #737
Tech Adept
 
IgorR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 129
Default SXX Stock Spec V2 and Speed Passion 10.5T 1 cell

Hello,

On my 1/12th I have a SXX Stock Spec V2 (firmware 4.4) and a Speed Passion 10.5T 1 cell motor.

I was thinking to go for this setup as a starting point : 1,8,10,2 with a rollout of 49mm

Do you think it's a good start?

Thanks
__________________
Yokomo YR-X12
Shepherd Velox EC
IgorR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #738
Tech Master
 
Buckaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 1,503
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I just got one one these from Stormer. Anyone know how to tell what firmware it has loaded?
__________________
Tom Keith

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #739
Tech Elite
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,086
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
I just got one one these from Stormer. Anyone know how to tell what firmware it has loaded?
not without hooking it up via the USB bridge
__________________
Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | 2mm Designs
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #740
AE-Reedy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 772
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
I just got one one these from Stormer. Anyone know how to tell what firmware it has loaded?
Most likely it will be v4.4. There was only 1 shipment sold in the US with v4.2 and that was last winter.
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #741
NR
Tech Master
 
NR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,535
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Damn,

I am running a new Nosram V2 Stock Spec tonight and after reading everything here I am petrified it's going to blow up, cog, overheat and whatever else seems to be happening

Hope I'm ok, anyone know how these fair against the Speed Passion ESC?

Nathan
NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #742
Tech Elite
 
DesertRat's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sniffin the 'Sauce Fumes
Posts: 2,552
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I will say this: LRP has pissed me off, five months after I bought my Stock Spec its BEC gave up, so I sent it in. They have had it for 24 days now, and I was told (in a round-about way) that I wont get a new one for about another month. Two months is a LONG service call. No more LRP.

On a separate note, will anybody trade me a Tekin RS Pro for a brand new Stock Spec V2 in the near future? (amendment: I should wait to have it before I consider a trade)
__________________
I race toy cars for fun. If I need to explain, you'll never understand.
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. CRC Xi (retired), CRC Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.

Last edited by DesertRat; 11-14-2011 at 07:21 PM.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #743
Tech Master
 
cheehtae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,470
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
I will say this: LRP has pissed me off, five months after I bought my Stock Spec its BEC gave up, so I sent it in. They have had it for 24 days now, and I was told (in a round-about way) that I wont get a new one for about another month. Two months is a LONG service call. No more LRP.

On a separate note, will anybody trade me a Tekin RS Pro for a brand new Stock Spec V2 in the near future?
don't have a pro, but maybe you would trade with ther non pro version.
__________________
every impulse that we strive to strangle broods in the mind, and poison us...action is a mode of purification... the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.

Last edited by cheehtae; 11-15-2011 at 04:07 AM.
cheehtae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #744
Tech Addict
 
bigz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: QC/Las Pinas
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NR View Post
Damn,

I am running a new Nosram V2 Stock Spec tonight and after reading everything here I am petrified it's going to blow up, cog, overheat and whatever else seems to be happening

Hope I'm ok, anyone know how these fair against the Speed Passion ESC?

Nathan
let me know how your nosram goes NR, im planning to get one too.
__________________
Hot Bodies - Nosram - Tekin - Speed Passion - Futaba - Sorex - RIDE
bigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:00 AM   #745
NR
Tech Master
 
NR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,535
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigz View Post
let me know how your nosram goes NR, im planning to get one too.
bigz,

Went well, as quick as the fast guys and not an issue in sight, as a matter of fact it hardly got hot also, so I was extremely pleased.

Nathan
NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:06 AM   #746
Tech Addict
 
bigz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: QC/Las Pinas
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NR View Post
bigz,

Went well, as quick as the fast guys and not an issue in sight, as a matter of fact it hardly got hot also, so I was extremely pleased.

Nathan
Good to hear that. How is it against the tekins
__________________
Hot Bodies - Nosram - Tekin - Speed Passion - Futaba - Sorex - RIDE
bigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #747
Tech Apprentice
 
MeBeMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 90
Default

Been a while since I posted on here about X12 13.5 (4dot insert) touring settings on 4.4 software (a must). I have ended up using the LRP Radical fan at all times now. I converted my car to titanium screws to compensate the fan's weight.

Ardent Raceway: feel 3....boost 11, FDR 6.0, drag 1

Smaller tracks I reduce feel to 1 and boost to 7 to start. If I come off cool I up the boost.

That's all I do and it's brill.

I'm doing the Winter Nationals at Ardent raceway in January. So I'll soon have some X12 10.5 settings. I'm going to start with my small tracks settings and 7.2 FDR. If you know better settings let me know! Thx!
__________________
Race for RC Disco in the UK
Xray T4'16, LRP Flow/ORCA 13.5
LRP everything but motor.
I would have Tekin if it connected to IPHONE!
MeBeMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:49 AM   #748
Tech Addict
 
bigz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: QC/Las Pinas
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeBeMikey View Post
Been a while since I posted on here about X12 13.5 (4dot insert) touring settings on 4.4 software (a must). I have ended up using the LRP Radical fan at all times now. I converted my car to titanium screws to compensate the fan's weight.

Ardent Raceway: feel 3....boost 11, FDR 6.0, drag 1

Smaller tracks I reduce feel to 1 and boost to 7 to start. If I come off cool I up the boost.

That's all I do and it's brill.

I'm doing the Winter Nationals at Ardent raceway in January. So I'll soon have some X12 10.5 settings. I'm going to start with my small tracks settings and 7.2 FDR. If you know better settings let me know! Thx!
Do you think the lrp usb bridge will work with the nosram stockspec since i will be installing the nosram software in my pc?
__________________
Hot Bodies - Nosram - Tekin - Speed Passion - Futaba - Sorex - RIDE
bigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:22 AM   #749
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigz View Post
Do you think the lrp usb bridge will work with the nosram stockspec since i will be installing the nosram software in my pc?
it will work fine, i do the same but the other way round, nosram bridge, lrp ssx v2 ss and lrp software.
Smartypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #750
Tech Addict
 
bigz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: QC/Las Pinas
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartypants View Post
it will work fine, i do the same but the other way round, nosram bridge, lrp ssx v2 ss and lrp software.
Ok, thanks.
__________________
Hot Bodies - Nosram - Tekin - Speed Passion - Futaba - Sorex - RIDE
bigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LRP SXX StockSpec ESC Stein Tumert Electric On-Road 1241 06-08-2012 08:52 AM
TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE! RC-ZOMBIE Electric Off-Road 125 12-03-2011 08:16 PM
Tekin RS vs LRP SXX Stock Spec vs Mamba Max Pro Chris Gierse Electric Off-Road 30 08-10-2011 10:50 AM
Best ESC for MOD and 17.5? JayL Electric On-Road 29 08-06-2010 04:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:56 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net