R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #676
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default HELP

guys I need some help,I am totaly new to lrp ss and i am using in 1/12.My problam is that my speedo is flat on the bottom.My friends speedo(same 1) is much much faster before the boost hits than mine is.I have tried 2 brand new units to the same result.when testing between my friends and mine we used the exact same settings,rollout,wiring,sensor wiring etc. The only diff between mine and his is hes using ko radio and i use futaba,me a D3 motor(tried many diff endbell timing) and his a old orca/1stgen speedpasion no timing.his hauls but!!Ive check updates with bridge and its current 4.4. Ive re-calibrated many times, nothing. Please any help or suggestion would be great,thanks
traitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #677
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traitor View Post
guys I need some help,I am totaly new to lrp ss and i am using in 1/12.My problam is that my speedo is flat on the bottom.My friends speedo(same 1) is much much faster before the boost hits than mine is.I have tried 2 brand new units to the same result.when testing between my friends and mine we used the exact same settings,rollout,wiring,sensor wiring etc. The only diff between mine and his is hes using ko radio and i use futaba,me a D3 motor(tried many diff endbell timing) and his a old orca/1stgen speedpasion no timing.his hauls but!!Ive check updates with bridge and its current 4.4. Ive re-calibrated many times, nothing. Please any help or suggestion would be great,thanks
Can we assume you have and LRP SXXSS ? v1 or v2 ?
To find the proper rollout for your motor I would suggest the baseline as listed in the instructions included with your esc, and work from there.
No endbell timing to start with.
LRP in general need a lot of rpm to work in the range they are designed for.
Gearing up or down a few teeth from the baseline should point you in the right direction for your track.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #678
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
his hauls but!!Ive check updates with bridge and its current 4.4. Ive re-calibrated many times, nothing. Please any help or suggestion would be great,thanks
Did you check his firmware version? In my experience, and lawdy I done did put allot of time into the lrp, the older firmware was better for spec boosted in 12th.

The timing ramped in much quicker on 4.2 which is key for 12th.

Mike
masterhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #679
Tech Regular

hey thanks alot i didnt think too check his out to see what he has.Yes mine is the stock spec version 2 running 17.5 boosted,would i be able too download 4.2 and install if it is better for stock classes?Thanks again
Old 10-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #680
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
hey thanks alot i didnt think too check his out to see what he has.Yes mine is the stock spec version 2 running 17.5 boosted,would i be able too download 4.2 and install if it is better for stock classes?Thanks again
I could not find it on the LRP website. I do have it on my computer. PM me an email address and I will send it.

isn't it fun trying to tune with blinking lights having no clue what they represent for degrees or ramp rate, let alone across the different revisions?

Mike Slaughter
masterhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #681
Tech Regular

pm sent thanks
Old 10-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #682
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy mac
Default Problem with Tc Ver 2

I have a tc that is shutting down after 39% on the transmitter. I fact I can't Get it to program it in Blinky mode. Anyone have a thought on whats going on...

Btw, I am trying to use it in a 1 cell wgt car.

Thanks, Tom
Tommy mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #683
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy mac View Post
I have a tc that is shutting down after 39% on the transmitter. I fact I can't Get it to program it in Blinky mode. Anyone have a thought on whats going on...

Thanks, Tom
I believe the Tc is not a 1s esc. Its hitting voltage cut off.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #684
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy mac

Last edited by Tommy mac; 10-10-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Tommy mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #685
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've got a problem here, I took my Stock Spec which has performed great with no faults since I bought it and swapped a X12 7.5 turn motor onto it just for kicks, turned all of the settings back to blinky and was testing it for the first time with a fresh battery and it putted around just fine while I set the steering trim but when I gave it the first real rip of throttle and suddenly it just turned off. Didn't give a thermal warning or anything just off, darkness. I tried turning it off and back on, and nothing. No smoke, the speed control was cold, and I am very confused. I unpluged it and stuck a receiver pack in it to see if it twitched, and a red light came on, then nothing. Is there an email I can contact LRP at and get some answers? Its out of warranty and I wanted to use it in an upcoming race this next week.
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. CRC Xi (retired), CRC Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:22 AM   #686
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Any one have a 1c 1/12th setup for a D3 13.5 and a Revtech 13.5 running indoor carpet 84 spur 1.70" rear tire 100'x40'ish track

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #687
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
I've got a problem here, I took my Stock Spec which has performed great with no faults since I bought it and swapped a X12 7.5 turn motor onto it just for kicks, turned all of the settings back to blinky and was testing it for the first time with a fresh battery and it putted around just fine while I set the steering trim but when I gave it the first real rip of throttle and suddenly it just turned off. Didn't give a thermal warning or anything just off, darkness. I tried turning it off and back on, and nothing. No smoke, the speed control was cold, and I am very confused. I unpluged it and stuck a receiver pack in it to see if it twitched, and a red light came on, then nothing. Is there an email I can contact LRP at and get some answers? Its out of warranty and I wanted to use it in an upcoming race this next week.
Here in the USA, you deal with Team Associated, not LRP.
They have been awesome to deal with on my end.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #688
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Had mine do the shut off. Sent it in and got a brand new one a week later. AEs support is top notch.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #689
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to entitymugenmtx

I need some help guys. I've been going back and forth on what speed control to buy. Tekin RS PRO or a LRP SXX V2 is there any perks with the LRP vs the Tekin?

Thanks once again.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #690
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy mac View Post

Thanks, Tom
The Version 2 TC speedo does have a built in booster, so it should be fine with 1 cell, but just make sure you have the voltage cut off set right. You want to have the first setting, set to either 0 (no cut off) or 1 (3 volts cut off). If this is set any other number, then the speedo will shut down as the 1 cell will not be giving it enough voltage to stop the speed thinking it has reached it's minium voltage
AGLE is offline   Reply With Quote