R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #586
Tech Elite
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Nope, straight firmware upgrade and version info is all you get.
booo lol.
__________________
|Team Xray | RC America |MAX Engines | Hudy |Jaco | KO PROPO |"From Slovakia with Love" T3 | Team Timezone |

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:13 AM   #587
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,395
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

know this question isnt related to the speedy but thought id ask here anyway. Can the LRP fat cobra batteries be used in modified as they are intended for stock racing? What is the differance between them and the big mumma packs when used in mod? if anyone knows that would be great

Thanks,

Antoni
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Schumacher - Team Scorpion - Sweep Racing - Bezerk RC - Adelaide RC
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #588
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,569
Trader Rating: 150 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
Stock Spec v4.4 with a LRP X12 4dot timing and I am running about 6.7 on a large carpet track. Also I have a fan on the motor!
What settings on the esc?
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #589
Tech Elite
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,059
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
What settings on the esc?
0-4-11-4
__________________
Xray | Hudy | Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | Protoform | Proline | 2mm Designs
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:55 AM   #590
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,569
Trader Rating: 150 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
0-4-11-4
4 boost?

Last edited by Marcos.J; 08-29-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #591
Tech Addict
 
bigz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: QC/Las Pinas
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3 View Post
know this question isnt related to the speedy but thought id ask here anyway. Can the LRP fat cobra batteries be used in modified as they are intended for stock racing? What is the differance between them and the big mumma packs when used in mod? if anyone knows that would be great

Thanks,

Antoni
my fat cobras are bloated already. used for just 3 races. are yours still ok? used touch charger and charging at 7 amps only.
__________________
Hot Bodies - Nosram - Tekin - Speed Passion - Futaba - Sorex - RIDE
bigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #592
Tech Elite
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,059
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
4 boost?
Mode1. I either run 0 or 3

Mode2. I usually run either 4 or 5...which is what you are supposed to use for X12 Motors. 4 is 70% torque timing

Mode3. I almost always run 11; slow ramp and 100% boost

Mode4. usually 4 or 5 based on how much drag brake i need for the layout

My current settings are 3-4-11-5
__________________
Xray | Hudy | Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | Protoform | Proline | 2mm Designs
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #593
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,569
Trader Rating: 150 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
Mode1. I either run 0 or 3

Mode2. I usually run either 4 or 5...which is what you are supposed to use for X12 Motors. 4 is 70% torque timing

Mode3. I almost always run 11; slow ramp and 100% boost

Mode4. usually 4 or 5 based on how much drag brake i need for the layout

My current settings are 3-4-11-5
Thanks
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #594
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,395
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigz View Post
my fat cobras are bloated already. used for just 3 races. are yours still ok? used touch charger and charging at 7 amps only.
I havent got any yet, the fat cobra's are available but the big mumma's arent...Guess ill be waiting. Everyone using the big Mumma's here are fine in mod
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Schumacher - Team Scorpion - Sweep Racing - Bezerk RC - Adelaide RC
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:01 AM   #595
Tech Master
 
mikecatts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,274
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default No problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigz View Post
my fat cobras are bloated already. used for just 3 races. are yours still ok? used touch charger and charging at 7 amps only.
Ive ran the Fat Cobras...No worries..10amp charge..17.5 boosted,,large outdoor track..
mikecatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:32 AM   #596
Tech Addict
 
bigz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: QC/Las Pinas
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecatts View Post
Ive ran the Fat Cobras...No worries..10amp charge..17.5 boosted,,large outdoor track..
maybe my batch of batteries. darn. have to send these back for replacement.

this is my first time to have issues with these batts. sorry if im posting here. just have to get this out of my system.
__________________
Hot Bodies - Nosram - Tekin - Speed Passion - Futaba - Sorex - RIDE
bigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:27 PM   #597
Tech Addict
 
wa7ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: VIC
Posts: 567
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

My LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC just died on me in a middle of a practice run, it gave out a burning smell, can anyone tell me where to send this unit to for repair and is it worth repairing?
Thank you in advance.
__________________
Xray | Muchmore | Sanwa | Orion | G-Force | Scorpion | Fantom
wa7ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #598
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: cleveland, oh
Posts: 485
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Barneys Racing Send a message via AIM to Barneys Racing
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa7ash View Post
My LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC just died on me in a middle of a practice run, it gave out a burning smell, can anyone tell me where to send this unit to for repair and is it worth repairing?
Thank you in advance.
chances are that they'll just replace it. it will cost you a little, but not as much as buying a new speedo. here's where to send it:

http://www.teamassociated.com/warranties/lrp_policies/
Barneys Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:20 PM   #599
Tech Master
 
WildManDriving's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Radelaide
Posts: 1,410
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Is there a performance difference, other than motor limit, between the SXX v2 and TC-spec v2? More so are the both as smooth as each other.
Slightly wrong thread to be asking in, but thought it a waste to start a new. I'm in the market for a better Mod TC speedie.
__________________
. . . - - - Now enjoying Proline tyres - - - . . .
Scale race models: RCHobbyzone, Mugen, Reds, Xpert, Contact, Neo+.
Toy cars: Xray T4'15, Hudy, Nosram/Muchmore, Protoform.
No longer defined as a Off or On-road racer, but simply a RC enthusiast.
WildManDriving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #600
Tech Elite
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,059
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildManDriving View Post
Is there a performance difference, other than motor limit, between the SXX v2 and TC-spec v2? More so are the both as smooth as each other.
Slightly wrong thread to be asking in, but thought it a waste to start a new. I'm in the market for a better Mod TC speedie.
The only difference is the heatsink which allows for the lower turn motor.
__________________
Xray | Hudy | Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | Protoform | Proline | 2mm Designs
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LRP SXX StockSpec ESC Stein Tumert Electric On-Road 1241 06-08-2012 08:52 AM
TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE! RC-ZOMBIE Electric Off-Road 125 12-03-2011 08:16 PM
Tekin RS vs LRP SXX Stock Spec vs Mamba Max Pro Chris Gierse Electric Off-Road 30 08-10-2011 10:50 AM
Best ESC for MOD and 17.5? JayL Electric On-Road 29 08-06-2010 04:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:42 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net