R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2011, 02:32 AM   #166
Tech Elite
 
hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 3,129
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burito View Post
We use thick copper boards, in order to minimse losses and get maximum performance, but that indeed results in the fact that power wires are a bit harder to solder if a "weak" soldering-station/-iron is used.

Also there is a reason why we don't use solder posts, which is the fact that solderposts increase losses, direct connection to the PCB like it is realised on the SXX is best for performance.

Out of curiosity, would you trade a little bit of performance for easier solderabilty (right word?)?
are you kidding me?

like what loss are we talking about?

1 millionth of an ohm?

PS, yeah your response sounded good, but we are not all idiots.

This BS that LRP seems to churn out, make me not want an LRP again.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:55 AM   #167
Tech Addict
 
burito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 511
Default

Mr.hacker: I don't understand why you are so aggressive in most of your posts, there really is no reason for that in my opinion.
Believe me, I know what I'm saying and I don't try to fool anyone here!

We have done testing/measurements with/without solder posts of course and the difference is easily noticable on the bench and dyno. It may not be noticable on the track for certain low power classes, but at the end every little thing can matter and usually you guys are also looking for every little 0.1% advantage...
The difference of with/without solderpost is about as big as the difference of one less fet per phase.
__________________
Reto Koenig
burito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:08 AM   #168
Tech Elite
 
hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 3,129
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burito View Post
Mr.hacker: I don't understand why you are so aggressive in most of your posts, there really is no reason for that in my opinion.
Believe me, I know what I'm saying and I don't try to fool anyone here!

We have done testing/measurements with/without solder posts of course and the difference is easily noticable on the bench and dyno. It may not be noticable on the track for certain low power classes, but at the end every little thing can matter and usually you guys are also looking for every little 0.1% advantage...
The difference of with/without solderpost is about as big as the difference of one less fet per phase.
well I have had 4 stock specs v1 to v3. Three of them cogged excessively, 2 of them stopped working, last one drag brakes didnt work. So yes, you can say I am a little bitter after spending over $1000 on lrp speed controls and that they are not working properly. To add to this insult, after exchanged my last stock spec as warranty for an LRP sxx TC, and you know what, it cogs, not as bad as the stock specs, but bad enough. And then to understand that there are some people having problems with your latest stock specs...........why?

so whats the resistance of a gold plated solder post?

if it makes 1mm of a difference in performance, it wouldnt matter anyway as my GM/tekin/HW will already be 2 metres ahead of it to begin with......
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:42 AM   #169
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,089
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the info, Reto. That does seem like a pretty big difference, at least on paper. I think you guys are the last manufacturer to use this style of soldering, so perhaps the others have decided the difference isn't worth the inconvenience? Either way, I appreciate you taking suggestions into consideration.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:41 AM   #170
Tech Addict
 
vctr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 738
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Question...
I ran my V2 speedo for three packs and yesterdai it ran for a out 2 laps, the speed control stop working and the yellow/red light were on? try to re-set it but didn't responded, any ideas why this happen?

thanks in advance,
Victor
__________________
VSpeed Racing / FG SUPPLY
www.vspeedracing.com
www.fgsupply.com
www.vsmodelsport.com
vctr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:47 AM   #171
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,754
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

I ran this speedo this weekend. It was intereting. I would really like to get an update connector so I can try 4.4
__________________
T.O.P Racing - Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - BSR Racing Tires - Orca - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:53 AM   #172
Tech Fanatic
 
Tron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA
Posts: 887
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vctr1 View Post
Question...
I ran my V2 speedo for three packs and yesterdai it ran for a out 2 laps, the speed control stop working and the yellow/red light were on? try to re-set it but didn't responded, any ideas why this happen?

thanks in advance,
Victor
Victor was Bob Stefflue there last night? Did he update it to v4.4 for you by any chance?

Time to make a trip down to Lake Forest...
__________________
Brett H - M03, TRF417, RM01x
"Slow Sportsman"
Tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #173
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lenham, Kent, UK
Posts: 50
Default

I'm going to run my sxx stockspec v2 (up dated to 4.4) and lrp13.5 x12 tomorrow at maritime, I'v set gearing to 6 overall, set mode 2 at 4, and mode 3 at 5. The motor out of the box had the 4 dot timing block fitted for some reason, so fitted the 2 dot block. Lets see how it go's
shrek54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #174
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,089
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Any suggestions for an X12 17.5 in a 1/12 with the SXX-SSv2? Looking for gearing/profile ideas. What insert/rotor are you guys using for the X12 in 1S?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #175
AE-Reedy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 762
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek54 View Post
I'm going to run my sxx stockspec v2 (up dated to 4.4) and lrp13.5 x12 tomorrow at maritime, I'v set gearing to 6 overall, set mode 2 at 4, and mode 3 at 5. The motor out of the box had the 4 dot timing block fitted for some reason, so fitted the 2 dot block. Lets see how it go's
The oooo timiing insert is what you should start with, if no problems then try ooo later. Not sure if/when you should attempt using the oo insert.
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:13 PM   #176
Tech Regular
 
terryh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek54 View Post
I'm going to run my sxx stockspec v2 (up dated to 4.4) and lrp13.5 x12 tomorrow at maritime, I'v set gearing to 6 overall, set mode 2 at 4, and mode 3 at 5. The motor out of the box had the 4 dot timing block fitted for some reason, so fitted the 2 dot block. Lets see how it go's
Geoff

Totally agree with Sean in that I would run the 0000 insert. It's early days yet with setup, I was looking to start with an FDR of 7 because the X12's like to rev, agree with you on mode 2 @ 4 but was looking to start mode 3 @ 8 or 9, check temps after 2 mins (very important). Depending on how it felt and temps, would consider going up from a FDR of 7 to 7.5 and compare, then work from there.

I might not make it tomorrow because its the last 1/12th National this weekend and leaving Friday to go oop north. Good luck with it, like to hear how you get on.

Terry
terryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #177
Tech Elite
 
Warren Weaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NASCAR COUNTRY
Posts: 2,447
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
I ran this speedo this weekend. It was intereting. I would really like to get an update connector so I can try 4.4
Larry i got one i will have it monday i can bring it with me
__________________
R1 WURKS-AWESOMATIX USA-LRP-BITTYDESIGN-TQ WIRE-PROTOTYPE RACING-SWEEP RACING-TXDSKINGRAPHIX-HOBMAX-THE RUG-TEAM EZDUZIT
R.I.P. MY FRIEND JDUB MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Warren Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:02 PM   #178
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 927
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Any suggestions for an X12 17.5 in a 1/12 with the SXX-SSv2? Looking for gearing/profile ideas. What insert/rotor are you guys using for the X12 in 1S?

See post #84 of this thread. Good luck.
davidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #179
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,670
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidl View Post
See post #84 of this thread. Good luck.
how about the Non boost 17.5 timming ..12th scale?
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:44 AM   #180
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lenham, Kent, UK
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cochran View Post
The oooo timiing insert is what you should start with, if no problems then try ooo later. Not sure if/when you should attempt using the oo insert.
Thanks for the advice Sean, will change that before tonight and let you know
shrek54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LRP SXX StockSpec ESC Stein Tumert Electric On-Road 1241 06-08-2012 08:52 AM
TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE! RC-ZOMBIE Electric Off-Road 125 12-03-2011 08:16 PM
Tekin RS vs LRP SXX Stock Spec vs Mamba Max Pro Chris Gierse Electric Off-Road 30 08-10-2011 10:50 AM
Best ESC for MOD and 17.5? JayL Electric On-Road 29 08-06-2010 04:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:26 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net