Wiki Posts
Search

Proposed R.O.A.R. rules change

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcko
smells like caca... mandating a whole new speedo is total garbage. what in the hell is wrong with having the current line of blinky mode speedos?

I seen this movie... private company develops superior product through the hard work and dedication of its creative smart talented employees. product is brought into the free market where it flourishes over its competition. brother senior grande has to protect his flock and steps in to make everything right and restore order.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
This is going to be a fun thread
9 pages
Old 01-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

21.5's are for rock crawlers. On 3 cell. With Timing Advance.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Just quit ROAR, they can't tell you what to do without your money.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
I agree, but that logic only stands if the races are selling out. Right now they need to have all the classes to draw enough people to make the event worth putting on.
....then maybe the problem is the event, not necessarily the classes. Fast will always be fast, slow will always be slow.

I'm slow. Slowest at my track in 17.5 non-boosted TC, in fact. I'm learning. It's NOT overwhelming. It's NOT too fast, in fact, it's only slightly faster than 27T brushed on 2S lipos. Funny thing is, in our points series, I have more points than a few of the 'faster, more experienced' drivers BECAUSE I'm going slower and being more careful.........and NOT breaking and actually finishing races. To finish first, you first have to finish!

I'm all for slowing down to get caught up, but there are plenty of classes for that. I run a VTA car for that reason, too. Heck, RCGT, with it's spec X pattern tires is even a step between. What they're proposing with these rules changes is getting so "No child left behind" that it's disgusting.

Last edited by Buckaroo; 01-11-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Team Tekin

Not sure how we became the villains here in some peoples eyes (fortunately only an outspoken few it appears), or what makes people think we will fold up because of this rule. I assure you we can scale back our products and value to our customers to meet the low expectations if required.

I would like to remind everyone that we did not start this game. We were forced to develop dynamic timing to compete with another brand that was dominating everyone by a huge margin. We were forced a few more times to improve the technology to keep up with other brands improvements. In the end we perhaps ended up a little ahead of the rest of the leaders and way ahead of the copycats. I will not apologize for the effort, expense and dedication we spent to stay competitive, in business, and ultimately keep our customers on top of the podium.

We completely understand the need for a slower class and equal power. There is no doubt a boosted 17.5 is too fast in onroad for stock. There are also classes where 17.5 non boosted is too slow, like offroad and the most popular class SCT. We see non boosted esc profiles as a tool we can use to get the right speed in some cases. Any additional restrictions on updating seem uneccessary when the end result of no timing advance in the esc is the only goal, and we have that.

Tekin Prez
Old 01-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Tekin should be applauded for the exceptionalism demonstrated with the design of a product that remains fully upgradable and competitive. Comsumers and governing bodies should applaud this behavior.

Why a mandate for new speedos when an existing one can be reprogrammed to comply at no cost to the majority of "racers".
Old 01-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tekin should be applauded for the exceptionalism demonstrated with the design of a product that remains fully upgradable and competitive. Comsumers and governing bodies should applaud this behavior.

Why a mandate for new speedos when an existing one can be reprogrammed to comply at no cost to the majority of "racers".
Seems like they like to spend your money, new speedos new motors. Doesnt make sense especially since the current speedo will work. Hey Jim how long has the RS been out for?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Look at all the people watching this thread develop! 43 online right now watching it unfold!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Nobody is forced to buy new stuff. Just take your boosted ESC and current motor, and enjoy the speeds you're running at in the modified class? Oh wait, the pot hunters and trophy clowns want to stay big fishes in small ponds....

Old 01-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have been out of this game for a few years.

Just yesterday, I made my return to my local onroad track and was appalled at the horsepower that is available these days.

See- last time I was racing, I had to work to make my motor that fast (ha)

But- as an Engineer, or 2/3 of the way anyway, I applaud the innovation and technology advancements in the last 3 years. RC has come a long way in the time I have been gone- probably longer in those 3 years than in the 15 I was in before.

Im not quite sure where I am going with this post- but it really is a pat on Tekin's back. This is because- no longer are we worried about the newest cells, or brushes- or cans.. its the latest software, which= to my understanding, has been free.

Kudos to Tekin.

Oh- and I have two LRP Esc's for sale for those of you who feel boost is bad.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I am a Roar member and am a fan of the way things have been setup at IIC and Snowbirds (both non roar events). It lets me run Stock and Boosted 17.5. I am not skilled enough to run Mod with the guys that tend to run it. I ran Mod at the Halloween Classic in Ohio and that was a mess. The last thing i wanted to do was be in the way of guys like Paul L, Kevin Hebert and Mike Haynes. I'll support Roar for the Asphalt nat's because it'll be at jackson and the guys that run that track deserve it.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Wink

+1!!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedybill
9 pages
And it is still Civil. Lets keep it that way everyone so this doesnt get locked. There is a LOT of good information, idea's and opinions coming from all of this. Perhaps everyone can prove ROAR wrong about RC Tech and prove that we can have civil conversations here!

Thanks
EA
Old 01-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Does anyone else think that because of what happened when Tekin V208 was exposed and outlawed it has lead us all to where we are now? I’m not blaming Tekin it could have been a honest mistake or miscalculation but because of this we are now on a course for taking all this programmability out of the ESC’s? Would this even be an issue had V208 not been banned by ROAR? So whos really to blame? ROAR for not making it clear what they wanted or Tekin for pushing the rules? Either way we are now heading down a road to solve the issue and maybe cause more. Everyone cant have it their way….this isn’t Burger King….some things we just need to accept and adapt to the new rules or take your toys and go play someplace else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.