R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-11-2011, 05:37 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Questions?? Confused with the Mamba Max Pro products

K, here's the deal.

Since i've just got into this hobby, I just came across the http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Package-9000kV and was blown away with the fact that it can handle 6S! Whilst my Novak GTB 3.5R can only handle 2S. But really my question is which is faster. The Mamba combo comes with a 9000KV motor and my Novak is 10500KV. Also I noticed this " Switching BEC powers your radio and servo all the way up to the 6S max input. Users may select the output for any voltage between 5V and 7V. ".....eh

unknownmember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
Tech Legend
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

The speed control can handle up to 6S lipo but you can't run the 9000kv motor on 6S. The 9000kv sensorless motor can run 2S lipo.

Motor wise the 9000 Castle motor is sensorless and I think the Novak is sensored. Generally sensorless motors produce more torque and overall power because of the way the motor is wound vs the way a sensored motor is wound.

The MMP speedo is nice because it is capable of running sensorless motors and sensored motors. Castle unlike most other companies has some of the best running sensorless programming out. They been working on sensorless from day one and it runs great. The been doing sensored for only about 2 years and hit it right from the start with one of the most versatile speedos on the market and cheapest.

The built in BEC is capable of being changed to run from 5.0v and can be turned up to 7v. I normally run mine a 6v but I run 10th scale. If your running a 1/8th buggy with some of those new super high power servos that can run on 7.2 volts and higher I would use Castle BEC instead of the one that is built in. The BEC that Castle makes vs the one that is built in the MMP from Castle isn't as strong. If you run standard digital servos you should need to worry about an external BEC.
Castle Creations (Since 2005)
Bumps & Jumps RC (One of the best racing facilities around)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC) Great aluminum upgrades for many brands.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote