R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Need a lipo Battery that fits a jrxs type r!!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/469105-need-lipo-battery-fits-jrxs-type-r.html)

OpusExpress 01-08-2011 08:15 PM

Need a lipo Battery that fits a jrxs type r!!!!

Anybody out there can help me out...... the lipo i bought for my jrxs type r does not fit in ......Help me!!!!!

OpusExpress 01-08-2011 08:26 PM

I need to know what you guys are using in your cars.......my battery is hitting the bulk head and my lipo battery tray can't screw in....What lipo battery are you guys using????

cheapskate.brok 01-08-2011 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by OpusExpress (Post 8456950)
I need to know what you guys are using in your cars.......my battery is hitting the bulk head and my lipo battery tray can't screw in....What lipo battery are you guys using????

well you need some effort to get high capacity lipos in. THis is a 23mm pack, 5000mah

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/s...N0519Small.jpg
http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/s...N0518Small.jpg

BOG 01-08-2011 09:36 PM

i dremmeled down the edges of my thunderpower 40c 5000 it was hard but it works GREAT!!

Dragonfire 01-09-2011 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by BOG (Post 8457188)
i dremmeled down the edges of my thunderpower 40c 5000 it was hard but it works GREAT!!

The Thunderpower packs fit with NO MODS. NEVER dremel or modify your packs as that makes them illegal to use as they are effectively damaged. You can dremel a little of the rear bulkheads just under the layshaft to make bigger packs fit if you need to but there is only so much you can do.

jjfo80 01-09-2011 12:44 AM

dont spend good money on great packs then start cutting or grinding them to make them fit in a car. Make the car fit the battery and if not use another battery...

You should have a decent pack longer than a car if you look after the pack right.

Dragonfire 01-09-2011 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by jjfo80 (Post 8457618)
You should have a decent pack longer than a car if you look after the pack right.

Not if you want to be fast. Packs work for a long time but they lose performance after so many cycles....

BOG 01-09-2011 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Dragonfire (Post 8457582)
The Thunderpower packs fit with NO MODS. NEVER dremel or modify your packs as that makes them illegal to use as they are effectively damaged. You can dremel a little of the rear bulkheads just under the layshaft to make bigger packs fit if you need to but there is only so much you can do.

tell that to my car it rubbed on the drive pulleys, i ground down my battery pack as did many of the guys at my local track. we are talking about 2 mm not cutting out the entire corner of the pack!!!

jjfo80 01-09-2011 05:21 AM

Well think about it this way. You have 10 packs at $100 each and mine cost more I would rather machine my $500 car and the bits that you would have to machine to fit the battery would probably cost only one battery to replace.

But here you are telling me lets grind down all those batteries for what a $500 car. Come on where is the thought process in that?

If you only had cheap batteries and not wanting to compete in anything but small club meets and stuff well go right ahead but you cant compete in anything serious with a battery that has been ground down to fit a car.
But you can compete if the car has something machined.

Gee some ppl dont think to much do they.

Oh and the car in question isnt a car that costs that much anyways.
But if you just want to bash around with mates and not do anything but that go right ahead I still dont understand as soon as that ground down battery cops a hit explosions will happen.

Atleast I am not on the same track as you cause my car is worth way to much money to catch on fire with something as silly as doing what you guys are doing.
Anyway good luck

[[john]] 01-09-2011 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by jjfo80 (Post 8458028)
Well think about it this way. You have 10 packs at $100 each and mine cost more I would rather machine my $500 car and the bits that you would have to machine to fit the battery would probably cost only one battery to replace.

But here you are telling me lets grind down all those batteries for what a $500 car. Come on where is the thought process in that?

If you only had cheap batteries and not wanting to compete in anything but small club meets and stuff well go right ahead but you cant compete in anything serious with a battery that has been ground down to fit a car.

But if you just want to bash around with mates and not do anything but that go right ahead I still dont understand as soon as that ground down battery cops a hit explosions will happen.

Atleast I am not on the same track as you cause my car is worth way to much money to catch on fire with something as silly as doing what you guys are doing.
Anyway good luck

Very true, maybe you may want to re-read the user's post's you quoted, he didn't say to grind the batteries. :rolleyes:

jjfo80 01-09-2011 05:33 AM

shit I am a arse. My apologies to all involved. I didnt mean to attack anyone just making a statement. Sorry again I just have a habit of using the quoting instead of reply.

Sorry again
Fordy:nod:

PS thanks John

BOG 01-10-2011 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by jjfo80 (Post 8458028)

Anyway good luck

Who buys 10 batteries for one car.... not even the sponsered guys at my track do that. we are not runnin 500$ cars they at 200 bucks at my LHS... We only race at our local track no major events. something tells me that this guy is also just gonna be racing his local track!!!

Also takin 2mm off the side of the batter case does not mean immanent explosion

Dragonfire 01-10-2011 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by BOG (Post 8457944)
tell that to my car it rubbed on the drive pulleys, i ground down my battery pack as did many of the guys at my local track. we are talking about 2 mm not cutting out the entire corner of the pack!!!

Thats because you don't have the FF layshaft. In that case you do need to mod.the.pulleys. Weather you like it or.not, you should not be.usuing packs with a damaged hard case.

BOG 01-10-2011 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Dragonfire (Post 8463127)
Thats because you don't have the FF layshaft. In that case you do need to mod.the.pulleys. Weather you like it or.not, you should not be.usuing packs with a damaged hard case.

I have asked my LHS to order some of these FF layshafts and he either cannot find any or something.. I do not buy parts online as i cannot race at the online track!!! Do none of you guys use soft packs EVER??? taking a lil of the casing off a hard pack is not the end of the world, as long as you take good care of you batteries, which i do then all will be good

get me a FF layshaft and one of the 6 other guys that race at my track and we will pay you for them!!!

jjfo80 01-11-2011 06:02 AM

Soft packs in a car that doesnt have a area around it that cant be contacted from other cars or walls hit into and so no way in the world would I use a soft pack its just not done.