Community
Wiki Posts
Search

who holds the speed record?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Adept

Liam_Davies - Thanks!

Euge - I really like the idea of doing that to a TC3. I have been having fun with the Micro's myself and saw someone in a Magazine that did that to their TC3 and been thinking about doing one myself ever since.

It is not for everyone though.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

Well Liam, you're just WRONG!!!
No you are...

(You weren't being serious were you?? )
Old 08-20-2004, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by studysession
Euge - I really like the idea of doing that to a TC3. I have been having fun with the Micro's myself and saw someone in a Magazine that did that to their TC3 and been thinking about doing one myself ever since.
That's fine, but I wouldn't call it 1/18th scale.

you know, i've always wanted an 1/8th scale off road car. who knew I could just stretch out a 1/10 scale!!! It was sitting here under my nose all this time!

ajg, you're my hero!!
Old 08-20-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

Euge - Sorry, but I never thought about it going the other way to make a 1/8 scale like that. You are briliant! Sorry, could not resist making a comment. ROFLMAO on this one. I want a 1/8 scale like that too, will you make me one!

Last edited by studysession; 08-20-2004 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

How on earth did he work out it would 1/18th scale...

Measure it up against his micro rs4?

Quite a good looking truck mind, very individual. Probably a good basher! Would never pay that much for it mind. It's a TC3 with two carbon bits inbetween, if you buy a racer spec TC3 and get fibrelyte.co.uk to do a chassis for you, it would cost under £180 (or under $230ish to you American folk).

Liam
Old 08-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think i could do a better job cutting that chassis with a dremel and hacksaw

Originally posted by Liam_Davies
How on earth did he work out it would 1/18th scale...

Measure it up against his micro rs4?

Quite a good looking truck mind, very individual. Probably a good basher! Would never pay that much for it mind. It's a TC3 with two carbon bits inbetween, if you buy a racer spec TC3 and get fibrelyte.co.uk to do a chassis for you, it would cost under £180 (or under $230ish to you American folk).

Liam
Old 08-20-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

I dunno, he might've done it with "my first tool set" from the toy store...
Old 08-20-2004, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

now, now......we all know he goes to 'special' school.

He's still trying to grasp numbers. he gets 70 confused with 40. He doesn't realize that his calibration technique wouldn't hold water anywhere outside his 'special' school.
I'm sure the school he's at won't let him use anything sharper than a butter knife to make that "1/18" scale.

studysession- I could probably make you one in the fraction of the time of ajg as I have mastered exotic techniques such as soldering, shrink wrapping and fixing a receiver/ESC connector cable that ajg still struggles with.

I must say, ajg should go into marketing (when he grows up) because he has the ability to take absolute crap and generate this much interest/discussion on it.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

He's gonna have to realise people are gonna continually rip him until he backs his claims up!

Funny how in nearly every post i've seen from Ajg he's always on about speeds in mph... how he knows these I don't know...
Old 08-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Euge
now, now......we all know he goes to 'special' school.

He's still trying to grasp numbers. he gets 70 confused with 40. He doesn't realize that his calibration technique wouldn't hold water anywhere outside his 'special' school.
I'm sure the school he's at won't let him use anything sharper than a butter knife to make that "1/18" scale.

studysession- I could probably make you one in the fraction of the time of ajg as I have mastered exotic techniques such as soldering, shrink wrapping and fixing a receiver/ESC connector cable that ajg still struggles with.

I must say, ajg should go into marketing (when he grows up) because he has the ability to take absolute crap and generate this much interest/discussion on it.
Need we say future consultant????

Actually, he needs to learn proper grammar and spelling to get such a job. Heck, I could spell and utilize much better grammar when i was in grade school. But then again, I went to "regular" school.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

He keeps claiming these speeds with his VSM and the thing is already inaccurate at 38mph and spinning much fewer RPMS than his micro at 70mph. The car action test was done with an offroad truck with much larger tires than his micro. I havent done any math regarding ratios but I would guess hes spinning the VSM 5 times faster than Car Actions test and it was already inaccurate at the speeds the were spinning it.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

I believe that VSM can very accurate if setup correclty. I own 4 of them myself.

Biggest thing, if not setup properly, they can be way off. Putting it on the axle and it spinning that fast is no big. The biggest thing is wheel spin. If setup correctly and if he gets any wheel spin, then his speed is completely off.

I learned this the hard way - One time I though I did a 60MPh+ run with 6 cells on my 1/10 scale. I did the same run 5 more times with same setup. The speed was more like 40 - 42MPh not 60MPh+ like it read before. I am sure the 60MPh+ was do to wheel spin when that happened.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

i think its time we laughed at something else for a change
Attached Thumbnails who holds the speed record?-wizard9.jpg  
Old 08-20-2004, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

so it's not really a matter of the VSM being inaccurate, it's the wheelspin that makes the reading false. I think we're all arguing about the same agreed conclusion.

Originally posted by studysession
I believe that VSM can very accurate if setup correclty. I own 4 of them myself.

Biggest thing, if not setup properly, they can be way off. Putting it on the axle and it spinning that fast is no big. The biggest thing is wheel spin. If setup correctly and if he gets any wheel spin, then his speed is completely off.

I learned this the hard way - One time I though I did a 60MPh+ run with 6 cells on my 1/10 scale. I did the same run 5 more times with same setup. The speed was more like 40 - 42MPh not 60MPh+ like it read before. I am sure the 60MPh+ was do to wheel spin when that happened.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: I KNOW WHERE HIS TC3 WENT!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Euge
I love it. what a loser.

so I guess you could take his hacked up TC3, stretch it out to be the same length as a real monster truck and call it a 1/1 scale monster truck......even though it uses 1/10th scale parts. that's awesome.

He spends his days in school.......obviously it's a 'special' school if you catch my drift.
ya he prolly takes the 1/18th bus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.