who holds the speed record?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

who holds the speed record?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 10:18 PM
ajg

I cut the comm often, but haven't replaced the brushes or springs yet, since they look fine. I'm probably down a little power with it though.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What size is your comm right now?
Old 08-14-2004, 10:22 PM
ajg

Originally posted by Super Steve
What size is your comm right now?
? What should it be?
Old 08-14-2004, 10:24 PM
ajg

Originally posted by Gearhead3
That is for dang sure a micro will never do 80mph unless it was at the veladrome, then and only then would it MIGHT do 80mph.
So a velodrome for rc cars is like a nascar track for real cars. Then why do real cars hit higher top speeds in a straight line? You don't go as fast when your turning.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Here is a link for this months meet at encino.

http://pdxracing.sytes.net/
Old 08-14-2004, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ajg
So a velodrome for rc cars is like a nascar track for real cars. Then why do real cars hit higher top speeds in a straight line? You don't go as fast when your turning.
There is not a TIRE on the FACE of EARTH that will hold up to 500+ MPH, Let alone go into a turn.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by ajg
? What should it be?
If you don't know, then your not mantaining your motor properly.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:36 PM
ajg

There is not a TIRE on the FACE of EARTH that will hold up to 500+ MPH, Let alone go into a turn.
Ok, good for you.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by ajg
because real cars are only limited to how far they can go by the amount of space they have and gas, you have a radio range
Old 08-14-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by ajg
Yes, I know about a velodrome!!! And your garauntees seem pretty pathetic, weren't you going to get a micro like mine?

Also, I've already hit 70mph and adding 16,000 rpms, getting bigger larger diameter tires, and going up 5 teeth on the pinion should get me there. But you wouldn't be able to figure that out.
okay.....here we go:

1. You obviously don't read ofter or not very well cause I stated a good 7 or 8 post back....correction your last thread ( remember the ill fated thread) that I was in a project with some guys to build your micro. Then, I later posted on this thread that the guys didn't want to pony up the funds to build you car (if we all pitched in, someone has to have the car), so I concentrated on getting my helicopters in the air.

2. You show me a video of your micro going DOWNHILL!!!!! and claiming 70? you can multiply those teeth of yours by 2 and it won't get you there! The tires, bigger or larger....what will it be? Either way, you are going to add MORE weight! It won't see 80 mph!!!!!!

By the way have you solved your range problem? Fixing the Futaba/ Airtronics/ Jr/ Hitech/ whatever connector you are using won't give you the range to reach 80 mph! Crystal change was good, but not good enough! The only transmitters that has the range of over 300 ft. are AIRCRAFT RADIOS!!!!!!!! If you use an aircraft radio on the surface it will be illegal!

Live in New Mexico, huh? Looking at the area you are in, and how much you needlessly spent money tring to make this car reach 80, you need to tell your Daddy Warbucks to take you to the Veladrome, cause that'll be the only place you'll see that car do 65mph! That is if you don't glitch and smack the wall!
Old 08-14-2004, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Here is a link for this months meet at encino.

http://pdxracing.sytes.net/

Darn.........no video?
Old 08-14-2004, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DaNieL_KuO
you knoe what, all u 1/10th people diserve a good video. Im gunna stick like 10 cells and my 15turn rewinded micro mod motor.
All this fuzz about ajg, and about micros cant go that fast.. Heck I should just rewind like a micro 9turn just for this one speed run...
I seen your car run, it is fast..........................

BUT NOT 80 MPH FAST!!!!! Man, out of all people, you should know 80 mph for a car that small is not possible, it is too many issues at stake, namely a control issue. I hope you have a land-based radio antenna that will cover the distance need to reach 80 mph.......

However, if you want to join in AJGs sinking boat, fine by me. Already 1/10 cars have set the standards, nitro at 100mph, electric pan car at 110 mph, and a electric TC at 88.9 mph.
So do all the winding and rewinding you want...........if you punch the 80 mph barrier for a micro........

it'll make you famous.

Oh, and another thing, just between you and me: drop the esc and go brushless.......it might help
Old 08-14-2004, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ajg
Somebody hasn't been reading!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2004, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

aj.. im racing the paved oval nats this week... im also good buddies with gary katzer from rc driver magizine...he is there covering the race for the magizine ... i told him about your speedy micro.. he said they might be able to come out by u with a radar gun and test your micro in a future issue....what do u think??? he said he will bring all the right stuff for speed testing.. then we will all know for sure how fast it goes...

lemme know ill try to hook it up.. then u could be famous
Old 08-15-2004, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by burbs
aj.. im racing the paved oval nats this week... im also good buddies with gary katzer from rc driver magizine...he is there covering the race for the magizine ... i told him about your speedy micro.. he said they might be able to come out by u with a radar gun and test your micro in a future issue....what do u think??? he said he will bring all the right stuff for speed testing.. then we will all know for sure how fast it goes...

lemme know ill try to hook it up.. then u could be famous
See? Get it verified.........and put into a magazine!

I'm telling ya, it'll shut me up for sure!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.