Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

read my last post aj... and do it
Old 08-10-2004, 09:10 PM
ajg

Originally posted by Super Steve
the fact that tether cars can do 200mph has nothing to do with rc cars...

AJG, you are using full subC batteries?
I'm using a custom 4/5 cp-1300 pack.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

yes i have tried it.. if i didnt know i wouldnt have used it to try to simplify gearing for you

see u keep doging the questions.. no proof at alllll.. you cant do math.. u just keep saying ohh did u do it.. it is common sense man.. grow up..

do it right or dont do it at all...
Old 08-10-2004, 09:12 PM
ajg

Originally posted by burbs
read my last post aj... and do it
Why? I'm not going to try and prove your "speed thing" with bikes wrong, like your trying to do to me. I really don't care.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:13 PM
ajg

yes i have tried it.. if i didnt know i wouldnt have used it to try to simplify gearing for you

see u keep doging the questions.. no proof at alllll.. you cant do math.. u just keep saying ohh did u do it.. it is common sense man.. grow up..

do it right or dont do it at all...
Wow, math is common sense?
Old 08-10-2004, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

you wont try it cause u dont want to be proved worng,... and as long as u dont do it right in your mind your right...

lower final drive equals more tourque.. higher final equals more top speed.. simple simple simple...

see if u were serious about doing some sort of mad speed thing u would do research and the math.. im done here cause your never going to get it.... i dont beat dead horses.. cause they dont move..
Old 08-10-2004, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

BTW start a thread on gearing and final drives.. and watch 100% of the racers prove u wrong as i have,,,..

oh wait u wont i should.. cause u cant be proved worng.. anyhoo im out ...
Old 08-10-2004, 09:17 PM
ajg

you wont try it cause u dont want to be proved worng,... and as long as u dont do it right in your mind your right...

lower final drive equals more tourque.. higher final equals more top speed.. simple simple simple...

see if u were serious about doing some sort of mad speed thing u would do research and the math.. im done here cause your never going to get it.... i dont beat dead horses.. cause they dont move..
I won't try it, because I don't want to waist my time.

And a lighter car WILL go faster. "simple simple simple".

Also, I'm not serious about doing a mad speed thing, I'm doing it because it's fun, and I like to.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:19 PM
ajg

BTW start a thread on gearing and final drives.. and watch 100% of the racers prove u wrong as i have,,,..

oh wait u wont i should.. cause u cant be proved worng.. anyhoo im out ...
No one cares about your stupid gearing stuff. My car is light and geared high, and has tons of power. And it goes fast.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

whatever man your a joke..... we will see when the vid comes out.. plain and simple.. and ill bet u never post one cause u will see how wrong u were.. and then u will go away....yayy i wait for the day

u wont waste your time.. see in you mind u wont be proved wrong,,
Old 08-10-2004, 09:21 PM
ajg

No, actually in my mind I thought those exact words. I don't want to waste my time. Also, I do have a speedometer on my bike to do the test.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, in an insane speed run....weight isn't as big of a deal as it seems....while you don't want a brick.

Simple simple simple.....I am sure Cliff Letts L20 and his TC3 both weigh much more than your micro did and I am quite sure they went much faster than your micro did.

And burbs is right.....a car with a bigger pinion/smaller spur will always have a higher top end than the same car with a smaller pinion/bigger spur......assuming the gearing is correct for the motor....

Later EddieO
Old 08-10-2004, 09:28 PM
ajg

Originally posted by EddieO
and I am quite sure they went much faster than your micro did.

Later EddieO
Yeah, because I haven't got my stuff yet.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:40 PM
Tech Addict

Guys weight doesnt affect top speed. It only affects how long it takes to get to the top speed. Just in real life the heavy the car the better to keep it from lifting. Aerodymanics play a bigger part then anything. Remember the front of the car still sees air. Faster you go the more friction it creates.
So what kind of RPM does your motor turn? We can figure exactly how fast you COULD go if everything is perfect.
I cant believe no has done the math on this yet.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:44 PM
ajg

because i want u to do it right.. i dont have mental problems man.. if i wasnt right u would get so upset.. im not calling u names.. im simply staing the facts.. and yes tire sizes matter a ton..it effects your final drive ratio.. which is what we use to calculate higher and lower speeds or gear ratios..... dont argue when u dont know..

if u had any clue how important a final drive is u would understand... but by the list on your sig u dont have any real race vehicles.. u have basher toys.... so u dont know....

tire diameter X 3.14 = X

sur divided by pinion = Y X divided by Y equals you final drive

if u have a transmition that dirive is added in to ...

1.375 X 3.14 =4.3146

58 dividede by 31 = 1.870

4.3146 divided by 1.870 = 2.30

your final is 2.30

now lets do this......

take a 10th tire at 2.30 size..

so we have
2.30 X 3.14= 7.22

58 divided by 31= 1.87

7.22 divided by 1.87 = 3.86 final drive

2.30 or 3.86 which is a higher final drive?????? thanks next
What were you trying to prove here again? Because comparing one car, that can go over 100 mph with another car that goes 70mph. And they use the same motors and stuff, You didn't prove anything. Ok, a pan car that's geared different can go faster. But I'm not comparing my car to a pan car or any other car. So what you've said here is that a car that goes over 100mph is faster than a car that goes 70mph.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.