How much playtime should I expect?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much playtime should I expect?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Default How much playtime should I expect?

Hi,

I got a Carisma M14 last week and the stock battery, which is a 7.2V NiMH 600 mAh, won't last much longer than 10 minutes! (fortunately, I bought a fast charger).

I am considering the Carisma 7.2V NiMH 1250 mAh battery pack and I would like to know what playtime should I expect? twice as much as the stock battery? 20 minutes or more?

Thank you
Old 04-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

yes it should be close to twice as much. but make sure you are charging it appropriately. about 1.5 amps is what that 1250 should be charging at and for about 45-60 mins from empty to full. hopefully that fast charger is peak detecting for nimh. three are batteries as big as 1600 that should fit in that car but i dont think they come with the right plug and not from carisma.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for the answer. The charger I bought is the Dynamite Prophet Sport AC/DC Peak Charger.

The guy at the store where I bought it told me to set it to 4amp so it takes less time to charge. Was he wrong?
Old 04-06-2010, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbo Von Speed
Thank you for the answer. The charger I bought is the Dynamite Prophet Sport AC/DC Peak Charger.

The guy at the store where I bought it told me to set it to 4amp so it takes less time to charge. Was he wrong?
He wasn't wrong, just that you'll likely ruin your cells.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

that charger should have a 1 and 2 amp setting. use one most of the time and 2 if you want a little faster. the 4 amp setting doesnt work on that charge, unless you use the clips on a DC power source. it should say that in the instructions. 4 amp is way too much for those little batteries. i think in the past it was just the normal to abuse batteries by charging them in 15mins. except the newest lithium batteries, 1 hour IS a fast charge. anything faster is hurting your batteries.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Rookie

That's valuable information! The guy told me, set it to 4amp, 15 min you be good to go. Maybe that explains why I went from 20 minutes to barely 12 minutes... I'll try charging it at 1 amp tonight and see the difference.

Thank you guys!