Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Madspeed Drift King tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 12:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Madspeed Drift King tires

I know ill get a ton of flak over owning this car, and thats fine. We all like different brands. I actually do like this car quite a bit, but, the only reason i have it is that i bought it in a lot of used short course trucks at a garage sale (the guy would only sell the entire box, and it came with an arrma fury, racers edge pro2, arrma senton, the madspeed, force rc warhawk, losi sprint, and redcat volcano, all for $175, and all ran and drove fine). The problem i do have with it is, the hard plastic slicks just make it slide every where (yes, i know its supposed to be a drift car), but i want to be able to run it on all kinds of surfaces, from asphalt to dirt and low grass, without it sliding everywhere. I have been looking into rally tires, and, just to see if it would work, i bought two sets on amazon. They shredded within 10 minutes, which, on a 2s lipo, means the tires died before the battery did. The car is brushless, and has a ton of power for a cheap car. What i am looking for are recommendations on a decent, somewhat all around, longish lasting rally or onroad tire and wheel.